Well I am finally taking the plunge and getting my first real BlackBerry. I am eagerly awaiting the Storm 2. I had a Curve on VZW at my last job for 3 months and got hooked. I ended up getting a Dare for myself about 3 months before the Storm came out. So I am basically trying to run a side business through a Dare and sorely disappointed. Freaking Mobile Email is text only and no attachments. The input is quirky at best and I have to use a stylus for most functions. I can't wait for my BlackBerry!

I have high hopes for the Storm 2. Most of the complaints about the Storm 1 that I read about text input speed and so forth don't apply to me because I am not a BlackBerry speed typer or a skilled user. I was actually planning on the Storm 1 even after all the bad press but I am not due for a new phone until July. What timing for a new Storm!
    05-20-09 10:19 PM
    lol good deal... but welcome to crackberry
    05-21-09 01:59 AM
    If your wanting one as a busniess phone then get the bold or one of the curve series phones. I tried using a storm for work and it failed hard.... yes i updated with the New OSs that came out and to no avail.

But if your set on the storm 2 then good luck.

juts my 2c
    05-21-09 02:42 AM
    Yeah good luck on your decision. Just keep in mind no matter who tells you what that there are things that each phone has that the others dont.
    05-21-09 03:09 AM
    yea well dont take the plunge like myself and the millions of other people that bought a Storm on its first release day. BIG MISTAKE. I'm thinking of selling my storm and getting a tour or a new curve. I dont really have problems with my phone except for the annoying fact that the click is wrong and the OS has still not been officially updated. As much as I like the big screen, having a normal phone that functioned well would be the ideal situation to pay 100$ a month for. I know there are just as many probs with Bolds, but I feel like I got screwed with technology...
    05-21-09 01:17 PM
    *i bought my storm with a NE2 upgrade (new every two) as well. it only cost 150$ so i thought it was a steal! Honestly, I could not see you with a Storm for a more business way of life. If I had to write 10+ emails a day on my phone, I'd commit suicide. If you're not a speed typer, than the challenge posed by the storm will not keep you content. I can type quite quickly now, but sometimes the phone is slow or doesnt catch every letter, and that could be quite annoying if you think you're having a good rally...if you know what i mean. Please don't be the first to buy new technology and the second to get screwed by it like all of us storm 1 owners. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Storm, but you're asking for advice, I'm just giving my two cents.
    05-21-09 01:21 PM
    i'm not gonna buy this, sorry to say this, but looks like i'll be more happy w/ the soon to be released iph
    05-21-09 01:22 PM
    My Dare has me addicted to touch screens and since quite a bit of what I need to do is web work so I need the big screen. The typing interface HAS to be better than the Dare. But not being able to open attachments is killing me.
    05-21-09 07:02 PM
    As a previous Storm owner, its not a "real" blackberry.
    05-21-09 07:16 PM
    It seems odd that there are already so many bad posts about the Storm 2 considering noone has used it yet.
    05-21-09 07:27 PM
    It seems odd that there are already so many bad posts about the Storm 2 considering noone has used it yet.
    Hi BWSmith,
    I am with you. I think you should get the Storm 2. I plan to get it

I was all set to get the storm 1 myself and lo and behold, news of the storm 2 hit. Yep, perfect timing!
    05-21-09 09:26 PM
    Yup, the only reason that I even knew about the Storm 2 or even Crackberry.com is because I was planning to get a Storm 1 and was online online doing a lot of research. My limited experience playing with the Storm 1 was not bad and I had no typos in sampling it.

Of course, not having a previous Blackberry for any length of time or having a great deal of experience with the Storm 1 I am wondering if I have higher or lower expectations than most. Its gotta be better than the Dare.
    05-21-09 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD