I have a Storm2, only a month old. The end button hardly works and i am getting double clicking. After reading on the forum i thought maybe it was the theme i downloaded on Friday. All these issues started right after that so i uninstalled it! NOT BETTER!!! I hope someone has an answer for me
    05-31-10 07:00 PM
    Did you do a battery pull after installing the theme? Did you do a battery pull after deleting the theme?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 07:11 PM
    What OS version do you have? Click on Options, then About, and read off the Version, tell me if it say v5.0.0.607, or what it says.
    05-31-10 07:14 PM
    Yeah, some of the earlier OS's had "sticky" buttons but since .428 they've been like butter. Might want to try a battery pull if you haven't already, and if you're running and up-to-date OS, could very well be an issue with the phone. Let us know.
    05-31-10 07:24 PM
    I am having the same problem, except with mine it just won't depress at all. I know its not a hardware fault because it always hapoens at the sane time...after a long phone call. If I make a short phone call it is fine and its fine the rest of the time, but if I make a long phone call it goes hard (and no these aren't THOSE kind of phone calls...lol). Then after a few minutes it loosens up and then does what you describe. Anyway, it isn't random at all, so it has to be an OS issue.

And all my keys go hard after I play Tank Recon 3D for an extended period, but only then and never any other times.

And I'm on .607.

05-31-10 07:25 PM
    Interesting, I recently broke my screen and replaced it with a friends refurbished model he had gotten from Verizon about a month ago, and I am having the same exact problem. One thing that I notice that if I touch my screen (not press) it will do multiple clicks. I can't even scroll when it is misbehaving, because as soon as I touch it the phone registers a click (multiple). I believe it is a hardware malfunction. My broken phone (I had to reactivate it) functions properly and is running on the same OS. I did battery pulls, phone wipes and reinstallation, ran the phone with only core apps.. nothing fixes the problem.

Faulty digitizer/Actuators????
    05-31-10 08:24 PM
    I did do a battery pull after i deleted it, and the version i have is v5.0.0.607. Thanks for for all the responses!!!!!
    06-01-10 04:59 AM
    My end call button stops working after about 5 days if I don't do a battery pull. But I'm still on 320.

06-01-10 01:48 PM
    If screen double clicked and bottom key doesn't work. RiM has silent recall on those type of BB. I believe any bb created after 2/25/2010, has updated screen.

06-01-10 02:13 PM
    I do a battery pull everyday No, better. I have only had the phone for a month so assuming that it was made after 2/25. What should I do????
    06-01-10 03:30 PM
    I do a battery pull everyday No, better. I have only had the phone for a month so assuming that it was made after 2/25. What should I do????
    IDK but if you report this issue to your service provider, they more likely replace it. Mine was made on 09/2009, with no problem. Here more info http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/BlackBerry-Storm2-has-upgraded-touchscreen-on-newer-models-article-a_10054.html

06-01-10 03:54 PM
    I always thought having the the 'main buttons' on the screen was a horrible idea.
    06-01-10 04:03 PM
    Hey Roweazie, Thanks for the link. I read the article and I DO have the old one!! WTH??? Anyway, do you know of a softweat update I can get before I try to go the actual store? (i HATE going in there)
    06-02-10 07:13 AM
    I have an original 9550, and I found that by simply tightening up the screws on the back/front of the device it solved the sticky/non-responsive main button problem for me...
    06-02-10 05:24 PM
    I am having the same problem, except with mine it just won't depress at all. I know its not a hardware fault because it always hapoens at the sane time...after a long phone call. If I make a short phone call it is fine and its fine the rest of the time, but if I make a long phone call it goes hard (and no these aren't THOSE kind of phone calls...lol). Then after a few minutes it loosens up and then does what you describe. Anyway, it isn't random at all, so it has to be an OS issue.

And all my keys go hard after I play Tank Recon 3D for an extended period, but only then and never any other times.

And I'm on .607.

I had been having this same problem and it was getting frustrating. I took my phone into the VZW store to have a tech look at it. told him what was happening, he took the battery out laid it on the desk and spun it. He said if it spins rather than just dragging it's the battery. What's happening is the battery gets overheated and expands. When it overheats it may be one of the problems causing the button issue. Since he warrantied my battery and put another one in I do not have the sticky button any more. I thought it was bunk until the sticky button went away.
    06-03-10 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD