In regards to this thread and all the skeptics...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/st...es-out-170200/

Here's the proof...

02-27-09 11:49 AM
    Ok but anyone could type that so even if that's legit that's not really worthwhile proof.
    02-27-09 11:49 AM
    Holy crap...and to think this was enough proof. It shouldnt even be news to you guys. Did you think they would continue with the current Storm for that long?
    02-27-09 11:51 AM
    Plus, why would I want to expose the person? Goes against VZWs non-disclosure policy or whatever its called...
    02-27-09 11:53 AM
    I just don't know why you bothered. Of course you wouldn't want to expose the person but as a result it makes it pointless. It's not news to me. I just don't know the point because I could provide the exact same information myself if I felt like it.
    02-27-09 11:54 AM
    Even more interesting is the flip may not go to Verizon :O

The CDMA flip codename was 'Apex'

On the issue of the Storm 2. It could be he/they meant the 2 referring to the Storm as the 2nd device supported beside the CDMA Bold.

The Niagara OS is 4.7??????
    02-27-09 11:57 AM
    Even more interesting is the flip may not go to Verizon :O

The CDMA flip codename was 'Apex'

On the issue of the Storm 2. It could be he/they meant the 2 referring to the Storm as the 2nd device supported beside the CDMA Bold.

The Niagara OS is 4.7??????
    Apex was released today as the RIM BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230, it was released by Bell Mobility in Canada. It's coming to Verizon and Telus very soon.
    02-27-09 11:58 AM
    And for the record, I meant it from a perspective of "why waste your time when you know what Crackberry people are like?"
    Edit: in that case nevermind. I see what you are saying...but seriously. Lighten up a little.
    I'm not taking it seriously. Crackberrians are crazy though, I wouldn't want to get all the BS in response unless I had something nearly indisputable, you know? lol. And even though it's not a big deal to me either way, again... you know how CBers are!
    02-27-09 12:00 PM
    Apex was released today as the RIM BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230, it was released by Bell Mobility in Canada. It's coming to Verizon and Telus very soon.
    Some people were saying the code name was 'Onyx' this just confirmed it for me.
    02-27-09 12:01 PM
    "Planning" to support it this year means nothing. I'm sure they didn't plan for screen click issues or beta OS .xxxxx
    02-27-09 12:02 PM
    I'm not taking it seriously. Crackberrians are crazy though, I wouldn't want to get all the BS in response unless I had something nearly indisputable, you know? lol. And even though it's not a big deal to me either way, again... you know how CBers are!
    True...but I guess its a start? Maybe I did just dig my own grave...but whatever, it gives us something fresh for now.

Question: By them saying that they will only support Niagra and Storm 2...what does that mean for the Storm 1?
    02-27-09 12:03 PM
    Yeah, your life, lol. Sorry if I seemed like I was one of the attackers.
    02-27-09 12:06 PM
    Yeah, your life, lol. Sorry if I seemed like I was one of the attackers.
    No worries. Its cool
    02-27-09 12:10 PM
    I think it's kind of funny that they have to specify when a phone is NOT a touch screen now, apparently. Haha.
    02-27-09 12:12 PM
    ^haha

10char
    02-27-09 03:02 PM
    Couldn't storm 2 just be the 9530 as opposed to the 9500.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 03:14 PM
    whoops cant post link sorry
    02-27-09 03:23 PM
    Couldn't storm 2 just be the 9530 as opposed to the 9500.

Their basically the same device, but just ones CDMA and the other is GSM. I think for a number "2" there has to be a add on. Like the 9520 has Wi-Fi, but Sith has said there's 3 Storms right now.
    02-27-09 03:26 PM
    Their basically the same device, but just ones CDMA and the other is GSM. I think for a number "2" there has to be a add on. Like the 9520 has Wi-Fi, but Sith has said there's 3 Storms right now.
    Yeah I agree. Its not that I can't see a company coming out with a new version what I find odd is that it states there is only support for storm2 meaning if it is a newer version our storms won't be supported? I can't see that. Also they state late spring for the niagara, why wouldn't they have a timeframe for the storm2. Since the message is speaking in terms of this year it only leaves fall 09.

02-27-09 03:57 PM
    hmmmm. I just cant see why they would label it as Storm 2 though. Why not just a different model but with the same name?
    03-03-09 12:11 AM
    While I hardly think that's proof, I don't understand why anyone thinks it's not possible. With the short shelf life of electronics these days I'd say it's very likely that before the end of the year we will either see a Storm as it is now with more features, a slightly redesigned Storm, or a different touch screen device from RIM. I highly doubt RIM is just going to sit back while all the other companies keep moving ahead. Apple will almost certainly have a new iPhone out this year (probably with all the things it's been missing!), Palm is cooking the Pre, Nokia is set to unleash the N97 (which looks hot, BTW!), and HTC is seriously freshening their lineup (and they look pretty hot too). If RIM wants to compete they NEED to have new things in development now to compete with these other offerings. It took about two years to cook up the current Storm, so you can bet they had it's replacement started before the current one was even released. And given the amount of hiring RIM is doing right now, I'd venture a guess that they are hard at work on things.
    03-03-09 12:58 AM
    Of course Storm 2 is planned for next year. It makes perfect sense. RIM is just following the steps of the iphone if you think about it.

1. 1st month - Release the phone even though it has a lot of problems
    2. First three months - Release an upgrade for the OS to slowly drag in more customers
    3. 2nd three months - Open the app store
    4. 3rd three months - Second OS upgrade that makes the Storm 1 almost as good as the Storm 2 except for certain hardware limitations
    5. After a year when the original Storm owners are almost done with their contract, introduce the Storm 2 which probably will have a few new hardware changes, be cheaper, but a little more monthly

The time frame's are not really exact and the steps are loose but I hope you get what I mean...
    03-03-09 02:33 AM
    I don't see why people are having such a tough time believing that a "Storm 2" is coming in the relatively distant future! I love my Storm, but I would need to be a fanboi to not realise that the original Storm has a few, errr, lets call them 'quirks' that might never be addressed by all the software updates in the world!

Anyway, thanks to the OP for this, it looks genuine to me. I'm sorry you got flamed just for trying to post some info.
    03-03-09 02:44 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD