I am recently having a lot of dropped calls with my storm 2. I got it a few weeks ago. never had a bb before. I previously had an xv6900 and rarely had dropped calls. I just had 2 within a few minutes tonight plus I had some last night. I was not expecting this at all. Whats the deal here?
    i am running version 5.0.0.320

I also notice sometimes the screen doesnt rotate very well when I switch to landscape or vice versa. or sometimes when goign to answer the phone it goes to landscape! any fixes for this?
    01-12-10 10:57 PM
    Upgrade to OS .428 (leaked) and most of your problems will disappear. I had a Bold 9000 before this, and got more dropped calls then. I've no such problem with my Storm2.
    01-12-10 11:03 PM
    there are too many issues with the s2. i have had many issues now im on my 3rd s2 bout to be 4th lol. i dunno what to do anymore with this phone. i would call your wireless provider and let them know that you having issues.
    01-13-10 12:05 AM
    there are too many issues with the s2. i have had many issues now im on my 3rd s2 bout to be 4th lol. i dunno what to do anymore with this phone. i would call your wireless provider and let them know that you having issues.
    I disagree. You might be but the S2 has been very solid for myself and a bunch of others. Don't spread propaganda.

To the OP. Try updating your prl by doing *22899.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 10:18 AM
    Not sure of your location, but hardly ever experience dropped calls with my storm 2.
    01-13-10 11:07 AM
    Yeah dropped calls were a huge issue with me. That's the reason i sold it hopefully the one in getting is better
    01-13-10 11:11 AM
    To the guys experiencing dropped calls, are you guys running your phones unlocked?
    01-13-10 11:25 AM
    Holy crap!! You mean I can make phone calls with this thing too?!?!

So far so good with mine after a week, but then again I don't make very long calls. How long into a call do most people get dropped?
    01-13-10 11:28 AM
    well i would talk to your wireless provider... im thinking of getting rid of verizon and the bb s2. too many issues with this phone! kinda tired of it
    01-13-10 11:32 AM
    To the guys experiencing dropped calls, are you guys running your phones unlocked?
    I was.

10 char
    01-13-10 11:47 AM
    I was.

10 char
    Not going to help, but the only times I hear about dropped calls in when the phone is being used unlocked.
    01-13-10 11:56 AM
    I had this issue this past weekend and couldn't figure out why. And i thought to my self "that this is why the guy traded me my old iphone for the S2." But then I took the battery off for about 5 minutes and re-installed it and haven't had that issue sense. My phone is unlocked for t-mo. Hope this helps.
    01-13-10 12:10 PM
    I agree with the dropped calls. Im in Chicago and had Verizon for the last 7 years. Never a problem until the Storm 2 9550. Both me and wifes phone have dropped calls up the *** in downtown Chicago. Once outside he downtown area I still get them occassionally but not as bad as downtown. Phone is not unlocked and never a problem anywhere with any other phone I had with them.
    01-13-10 01:04 PM
    I haven't had a dropped call yet.

Might want to contact your provider and give them the location where you're having problems - they may have a hardware issue on a tower that they're not even aware of. If you can get GPS to work there, an exact lat & lon will help them narrow it down. And yes they DO investigate these things.
    01-13-10 02:41 PM
    no im not using an unlocked phone. i got it on the verizon website. i am in CT on the shoreline and while i never had great service here (street is a bit in a valley but main road off my street is a state road wtih perfect service and near highway) i didnt get very many dropped calls with my old phone and my brother has a LG basic phoen and doesnt get dropped calls. i used to get a alot of dropped calls when i had sprint. i was not expecting this at all. ill try that update and try the OS update also.
    01-13-10 07:32 PM
    had the same exact issue with my storm2. dropped like 10 calls the first weekend i had it. but then went to my network options and noticed my network settings where on Global. switched it to 1XEV and its been working great.
    01-14-10 05:38 PM
    my network is set to 1xev and i just tried calling someone tonight and the call dropped 3 times! i called verizon and they told me its the phone and i can go get a new one at the store no charge. great i just put on screen cover though. poopoo
    01-14-10 09:06 PM
    I am recently having a lot of dropped calls with my storm 2. I got it a few weeks ago. never had a bb before. I previously had an xv6900 and rarely had dropped calls. I just had 2 within a few minutes tonight plus I had some last night. I was not expecting this at all. Whats the deal here?
    i am running version 5.0.0.320

I also notice sometimes the screen doesnt rotate very well when I switch to landscape or vice versa. or sometimes when goign to answer the phone it goes to landscape! any fixes for this?
    this is probably an antenna problem, i would just take it in to your carrier and have them replace it.
    01-14-10 09:22 PM
    I have had my Storm 2 since October and never had a problem until this year. Now daily I am forced to pull the battery and reboot and hope for the best.
    05-08-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD