I really need help here. MY storm 2 drop call every 20 seconds, and to fix it I would have to remove the battery. It will work for a while then it will come back. What should I do?
    11-21-09 02:44 AM
    Call *22899 and battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 02:51 AM
    I am currently using storm 2 on T-mobile.....
    11-21-09 04:47 AM
    I had this problem the other day, thankfully a battery pull sorted it out.

11-21-09 06:26 AM
    Call *22899 and battery pull.

How does calling this number help?
    11-25-09 05:06 AM
    Have you tried calling your carrier I haven't encounter this issue st all. The only time I get a drop call is when I don't have any reception.

11-25-09 06:42 AM
    Have you tried calling your carrier I haven't encounter this issue st all. The only time I get a drop call is when I don't have any reception.

Yeah & they said its a handset issue with many RIM sets & I should get it replaced. I did & the issue is back again Now they say I should wait for a software update from RIM as many users are facing this problem. Infact Vodafone users have a forum dedicated to this call drop issue
    11-25-09 07:00 AM
    I havent had this issue, and I still have the original storm 2 I purchased the day it was released. Have you tried *228 option to to update your roaming capabilities.
    11-25-09 07:14 AM
    I havent had this issue, and I still have the original storm 2 I purchased the day it was released. Have you tried *228 option to to update your roaming capabilities.
    They aren't using their phones on Verizon. *228 will do nothing for them.
    11-25-09 08:30 AM
    I had a similar problem when I first got the phone. I would drop a call seconds after answering it. The problem seems to have corrected itself though, and I haven't had a problem with calls since.

11-25-09 08:40 AM
    It might also be your connected to a bad tower?

11-25-09 09:09 AM
    It might also be your connected to a bad tower?

It might also be that they are using a CDMA phone unlocked on a GSM network in NA as it was never intended to be used that way. It's most likely an issue that some big brain will have to fix with a service book work around or something like that.

The most likely culprit is that the phone is not letting you lock on to a very strong EDGE signal and is dropping the EDGE connection, not just your phone call.

Good luck and I hope someone puts a fix up soon.....they usually do.
    11-25-09 09:12 AM
    It might also be that they are using a CDMA phone unlocked on a GSM network in NA as it was never intended to be used that way. It's most likely an issue that some big brain will have to fix with a service book work around or something like that.

The most likely culprit is that the phone is not letting you lock on to a very strong EDGE signal and is dropping the EDGE connection, not just your phone call.

Good luck and I hope someone puts a fix up soon.....they usually do.
    True that true that.

11-25-09 09:16 AM
    Storm2 is a dual band phone and works on GSM networks too. So why should an unlocked CDMA/GSM enabled handset have such issues as voice loss/drop calls and GPRS/Edge connectivity.
    11-30-09 07:19 AM
    i had the same issue for a day. try putting in your mobile network options as global instead of UMTS or iVex..
    11-30-09 04:39 PM
    i had the same issue for a day. try putting in your mobile network options as global instead of UMTS or iVex..
    Did that sove your problem or the issue came back?
    12-06-09 10:16 PM
    Not sure if there's been an update to this issue but I have this problem too. I just picked up an unlocked phone connected to GSM network (Rogers). I would drop calls after 20 seconds. I did a battery pull and worked for a couple of calls, and that's it.

not sure if it has anything to do with it but I recently fixed the "Activation Required" message on my phone by using the Telus-provided MSL code and changing the phone number in the menu. Not sure if I had the problem before I did it though but I don't think it was present then.

Any suggestions, ideas?
    04-08-10 11:46 PM
    OK... in case anyone else encounters the issue of dropped calls, you can try calling your network provider and ask them to refresh\reset the network connectivity to your SIM\phone number. You will need to remove the battery before they start the reset. Afterwards, the phone will reconnect to a fresh connection to your service provider. You should also receive an 'Email Account' confirmation email as if you just connected your email for the 1st time. (for each email account). This will tell you the guy on the other end actually did reset your connection.
    You may also receive an Update to SIM Failure error on your phone but that's ok. This is just another confirmation that they reset your connection.

Then you're set...

(If it works)
    Not sure what will happen if you perform another HARD RESET on your phone but I would try avoiding it if possible to ensure your connectivity remains consistent.
    04-09-10 10:13 AM
    I know this will sound crazy, but I never dropped a call until I installed AppWorld. Then I dropped every call for the rest of the day, until I deleted it (always suspecting that the last thing done is the most likely cause of new problems), and I've not dropped a call since.
    04-09-10 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD