I just bought a storm 2. I would feel so stupid for buying this phone if it does not support flash. That means i cant even watch youtube videos????
    11-25-10 09:25 PM
    No BlackBerry supports flash at this point.

However YouTube does not require flash. Just go to m.youtube.com.
    11-25-10 09:30 PM
    Lak is right, and next time don't feel stupid, do some research!
    These forums are filled with all the info you need on device and platform support!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 09:37 PM
    I just bought a storm 2. I would feel so stupid for buying this phone if it does not support flash. That means i cant even watch youtube videos????
    1. you can watch youtube

2. It doesn't support Flash

3. exchange it for a Android if you MUST have Flash

4. I can't help you with your poor self-image.
    11-25-10 10:11 PM
    Flash support is just rolling out in the smartphone world. The "all mighty" iphone doesnt have it either
    11-25-10 11:32 PM
    Flash support is just rolling out in the smartphone world. The "all mighty" iphone doesnt have it either
    but the almighty android does

and you can try this link for the app for the storm

http://stormota.com/JAD/youtube.jad
    11-25-10 11:41 PM
    So what am i actually not able to do on the storm 2 since it does not have flash?
    Last edited by WhiteBerry92; 11-26-10 at 10:01 AM.
    11-26-10 09:54 AM
    So what am i actually not able to do on the storm 2 since it does not have flash?
    Everything else in terms of functionality will work. Just the websites that require flash you will see a statement showing something along the lines of needing adobe flash player.
    11-26-10 10:26 AM
    you can have some problems on flash based websites would be the big thing. You dont have to worry about games/apps that you would download since they wont rely on it though.
    11-26-10 10:28 AM
    Well there is a mountain of things that you CAN'T do with a Blackberry. Why don't we start with what you WANT to do with it.

Do you want instant access to your email? Done.

Do you want freedom to customize your UI? Done.

Do you want infinite customization of alerts, ringtones, and notifications? Done.

Do you want a phone with WiFi? Done.

Do you need a secure device? Done.

Do you want a phone that can also work as your day planner, txting machine, video player, video camera, still camera, audio recorder, Power point slide show viewer, Excel spreadsheet viewer, Word Doc viewer, music player, and portable storage device? Done.

Do you want to be able to download files directly to your phone without having to hook it up to iTun......... I mean........... Um............ a computer? Done.

Do you want access to the awesomeness that is Blackberry Messenger? BOOYAAHH..... Done.

Do you want a phone with a less than stellar native browser but access to a
    number of 3rd party browsers that are quite capable? Done.

Do you want a phone that has loads of fart apps and epic gaming graphics? ........ Sorry.

Do you want a phone with lazers?............... Sorry.

Do you want a phone that has a built in proton accelerator for the purposes of capturing and containing ectoplasmic entities?................ Sorry.

(you see where I am going with this.....)

This is only an abbreviated list of things that the Storm 2 can do.

It is also a VERY abbreviated list of things the Storm 2 CANNOT do.
    11-26-10 10:37 AM
    I doubt the storm ui is highly customizable. Android has spoiled me in this regard, as well as many others. But, it all comes down to what the OP really wants. I wonder how he/she got talked into purchasing one. Unless, it was through another channel, but much cheaper.
    11-26-10 11:17 AM
    I doubt the storm ui is highly customizable....
    Really? In what regard? I can skin/theme my S2 to look and operate like the droid, Sense UI, iPhone, or a windows UI. Font sizes, wallpapers, icon placement, hotkey function...... all are customizable. Animated wallpapers or transitions or simple static ones. Hidden toolbars and popup menus or a simple iphone-like app list. I won't pretend that it is on the same level as the new line of Android phones coming out or even the new BB 6 OS. But customization is one of the key features of the BB OS.

What you see below is only a portion of what you can do with it. What model BB did you have that was unable to be customized?
    Last edited by adambigge; 11-26-10 at 01:51 PM.
    11-26-10 01:48 PM
    Really? In what regard? I can skin/theme my S2 to look and operate like the droid, Sense UI, iPhone, or a windows UI. Font sizes, wallpapers, icon placement, hotkey function...... all are customizable. Animated wallpapers or transitions or simple static ones. Hidden toolbars and popup menus or a simple iphone-like app list.

What you see below is only a portion of what you can do with it. What model BB did you have that was unable to be customized?
    I'm glad someone chimed in with the same thoughts I had re the comment he made about the Storm not being customizable. What a joke.
    11-26-10 01:50 PM
    Really? In what regard? I can skin/theme my S2 to look and operate like the droid, Sense UI, iPhone, or a windows UI. Font sizes, wallpapers, icon placement, hotkey function...... all are customizable. Animated wallpapers or transitions or simple static ones. Hidden toolbars and popup menus or a simple iphone-like app list. I won't pretend that it is on the same level as the new line of Android phones coming out or even the new BB 6 OS. But customization is one of the key features of the BB OS.

actually you can make it LOOK like other OSs. The problem is it will not PERFORM like those OS's.
    lssanjose likes this.
    11-26-10 02:09 PM
    Well, it was already admitted it's NOT on the same level as Android, which is true. But to make the phone out as highly customizable, I had to call out. Yeah, you can customize a storm 2, but it's not AS customizable. Maybe, more than iPhone. You'll find my last BB in my signature. I've used that phone for a good while, too. But, with the added touch of Android's customization, in conjunction with ADW Launcher, or LauncherPro, it just sets the standard for customization for any phone out, right now. Granted, I haven't looked into the iPhone front as deeply as I should.
    11-26-10 02:09 PM
    Matt, have you messed with other theming options, and then, found yourself going back to Sense?

Matt does bring up a good point about behavior within themes. The thing I like about LauncherPro is the idea I can have three sets of docks, and each icon can have customizable launching methods for tap, and then, swipe. I didn't think I could make use of seven home screens, but with the widgets I run, it does help a lot.
    11-26-10 02:13 PM
    i will pretty much only use sense. Launcher pro didnt do it for me, i admit i didnt give it too much of a chance but i know what to expect going in, and it didnt wow me enough to keep
    11-26-10 02:19 PM
    Like was posted. I never said it was as customizable as a new Android phone. And any OS is only going to act like itself. We don't have the ability to rewrite the basic operating functions of our phone's OS. So I thought it would be obvious that it is only imitating the other operating systems. But with the different pop ups, menus, etc.... it IS highly customizable. More customizable than a phone that has a newer OS and newer hardware? No. Of course not. But customizable nonetheless...
    lssanjose likes this.
    11-26-10 02:22 PM
    Understood, Adam. Either way, we gotta keep on topic. I still want to know if the storm2 the OP purchased was second-hand or he got duped by a rep, somehow. I mean, nothing bad about the storm 2, aside from quirks I personally experienced. It's sadly on a short lifeline, and support for it has been lacking because of lackluster leaks, and releases of late.

If a device will keep getting new OSes, at least get it right, I say.
    11-26-10 02:28 PM
    ^^^ i just bought the storm 2 so get me through the wait time until the S3 comes out. I bought the storm 2 for $200. I dont plan on extending my contract with tmobile. Im just going to unlock the phone and use it for txting/wifi/ and such. Once s3 comes out ill end my service with tmobile and switch to verizon. If tmobile gives me a really good deal when i try to cancel service maybe ill purchase the s3 without contract.
    11-27-10 12:12 PM
    Gotcha, and it makes sense.
    11-27-10 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD