So far doesn't the storm 2 seem like the original storm without the click & maybe a newer os?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 11:05 PM
    I agree it does look the same
    05-24-09 02:46 AM
    I dont think so at all. I think the first storm looks so much better. My opinion though. The whole selling point of the storm was the click screen. and now they take that off. It probly would be more user friendly but I learned to enjoy my first gen storm so much. Personaly I dont like the bottom buttons on the storm 2, just looks like they dont go there.
    05-24-09 06:34 AM
    I dont think so at all. I think the first storm looks so much better. My opinion though. The whole selling point of the storm was the click screen. and now they take that off. It probly would be more user friendly but I learned to enjoy my first gen storm so much. Personaly I dont like the bottom buttons on the storm 2, just looks like they dont go there.
    I did not buy my Storms(3 for the family) for the clicking. The good part is if you don't like anything about the "Storm 2" you can always just not buy it.
    05-24-09 08:22 AM
    I did not buy my Storms(3 for the family) for the clicking. The good part is if you don't like anything about the "Storm 2" you can always just not buy it.
    And your right, im not going to buy it. Next phone I dont want a touch screen. I understand that you didnt buy the storm because it clicked I was just saying that was RIM's selling point though. You watch the storm commercial and all you hear is the click. Something no one ever seen before. Something new. Something only the storm had and now for the storm 2 they take it away.
    05-24-09 09:33 AM
    So far I'm not a fan of the differences that have been announced. I like the physical buttons at the bottom for the core functions on top of the rest being touchscreen. And I definitely like SurePress and wouldn't be quick to lose that. I said maybe because I would still consider it even with those changes if it has WiFi and significantly better processor and memory. Maybe.
    05-24-09 03:28 PM
    yea i agree with everybody, i actually like the click on the bb storm 1 that i have. And i hate the way the 4 buttons on the bb storm 2 look, it also has the same cam same size screen and it's just thinner nother BIG, but guess we all will have to see.

larry brown (uknow85) on Twitter
    05-24-09 03:35 PM
    as long as the Storm 1 still gets the updates i dont really mind.
    05-24-09 04:09 PM
    i need to know wat os will it be operating on!!!!!!!
    05-24-09 05:01 PM
    My problem with the storm 1 isn't the HW its the crappy SW. All they needed to do was speed up the phone add wifi and fix the SW and the storm would have been fine. However just updating the HW so you need new SW doesn't leave me too encouraged that it will work any better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 06:54 PM
    as long as the Storm 1 still gets the updates i dont really mind.
    You will see OS updates for at least a few years for the Storm, so dont worry.
    05-24-09 07:12 PM
    i need to know wat os will it be operating on!!!!!!!
    The OS you see in the video posted all over is 4.7, but id peg it to release with either a very high 4.7 build, or 5.0.0.125 at the lowest for OS 5.
    05-24-09 07:13 PM
    Didn't RIM hire a person who helped design the OS on the iphone? I know I read that somewhere.

They need to use him.
    05-24-09 07:24 PM
    Didn't RIM hire a person who helped design the OS on the iphone? I know I read that somewhere.

They need to use him.
    Yup, He was at Apple first, then Microsoft stole him, now RIM stole him from Microsoft.
    05-24-09 07:31 PM
    Yup, He was at Apple first, then Microsoft stole him, now RIM stole him from Microsoft.
    yea i read that too, now i must admit, while i love my storm, i cant see me getting the storm 2, i just cant use touchscreen phones, but the surepress got me around this, iv played with htc`s, samsungs, the lot, and i just cant hack them, so storm 2 is a no from me (at the moment at least)
    also, not that i mean to be critical, but a phone that the answer key is upside down isnt gonna impress (late night on the production line anyone!!) also id agree, i prefer the hard keys, and also the rubberised key look on the side? i know thats rims `new direction` if anythings to be taken from the 8520, but the current chrome keys look so much nicer if ya ask me, we`ll see though, as i work for a carrier, sure i`ll be playing with one as soon as (or hopefully before) it hits the shops
    05-24-09 07:45 PM
    The only thing storm 1 needs is wi-fi...the only thing storms 2 can sell me on is wifi and 3x the battery life ...although 3g + opera is good enough...I think ill by the next best thing when my contract is up in june 2010.
    05-24-09 07:58 PM
    ^^^^ hopefully it can stream mp4s
    05-24-09 08:00 PM
    I think the Storm 2 should have an option (some kind of locking mechanism in the back by the battery to either lock the *click in place) whether or not you want to use the click. The idea would be lock it if you just want the touch screen without the *click or unlock to click. I think that would satisfy both sets of people who either love it or absolutely hate it. I would like that option personally, having more options on phones makes them more fun to play with or do business.
    05-24-09 08:35 PM
    I pretty much like my Storm. Everythign is pretty good but making it a bit faster would be better as always.
    With the storm 2 I'm not so happy with how they got rid of SurePress...for me it was the only reason for getting the BlackBerry, it was a new thing that no other phone had. I can't say much for now about the Storm 2's screen as no one has had their hands on it to touch and report on with us.

I'm sure there will be something different. The phone seems to much alike to the original so I'm pretty sure it must have soemthing that could surprise us all, right?
    05-24-09 08:37 PM
    I'm happy with mine too, its just sometimes when i am actually typing fast it doesn't allow me to go faster because of the click. So I thought it would be nice to have it so if you want just the touch screen aspect of it to allow you to be able to use it. I'm sure if they really wanted to, they could release an app or firmware that allow you too still use the click and tap multi-characters one after the other without affecting it. As for SurePress, I like it too, again I'll sound like a broken record here, but they should leave it as an option, just like in our phones.

They should improve the web browsing to be faster and smoother (to beat iphone users-sick of hearing them brag). And over all performance while still keeping good battery consumptions down. Also like what I am hearing about the possibility of a 5 MP cam with the WiFi. If the could do all that, iphone 3G would be really dethroned in all categories apposed to a few things. My Storm is the first BB i have ever owned, I have used them at work before and always found them very useful and fun to use.
    Last edited by 24karat; 05-24-09 at 09:32 PM.
    05-24-09 09:29 PM
    Does anyone know if this thing is going to have beefed up internals from the Storm 1 or what? Cause I can't see Wifi and OS 5.0 being enough for anyone to by a Storm 2. Any ideas?
    05-26-09 04:45 PM
    daveastra...do you work for Verizon? Their were rumours that Verizon had already started training their personnel how to use the new S2...was that a bunch of garbage?

I was going to buy the Storm in July when my NE2 was up, but now I will wait...I like the original Storm, but I think the newer one is "sleeker" looking. I like the built in menu keys...there were problems with the S1's falling off. Everybody complained about the gap in the screen and dirt getting in and light leaking out, so now RIM, apparently, addressed those issues. The RIM official that annouced the S2 was in developement indicated there would still be some "feedback" from the touch screen, otherwise they wouldn't have called the new technology "TruePress," with PRESS being the optimium word here. They added WiFi which everybody complained about, so it seems this new version may be something special.
    05-26-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD