View Poll Results: What type of keyboard would you like to have whenever the Storm 2 is released?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Touch without click like the Iphone

54 21.51%
  • Landscape Slider like Tmobile G1

25 9.96%
  • Portrait Slider like Palm Pre

8 3.19%
  • Love my Surepress; Lets keep it clickin!

164 65.34%
05-14-09 02:26 PM
81 1234
tools
    Haha I have had it since 8am on November 21st. But yeah, you're right...not long enough.

You sound stupid.
    you need to get another phone, my friend. sounds like the storm just isn't for you. go get a pearl or curve or something. anything with a keyboard. it just isn't working out.

your storm just BBM'd me and wants me to tell you, "its not you, its me"...sorry bro.
    05-13-09 02:01 PM
    i am getting to really like the surepress, i tried using opera mini the other day, and its worthless without the click. its so akward, hitting the wrong stuff, fat fingering, etc...the click is where its at!
    Exactly. I type on the iPhone/ipod Touch and I start mashing keys all over the place. I don't even have fat fingers really, sometimes if I'm just moving my finger over the screen to go from one key to another, it presses another key due to the heat sensing crap.
    05-13-09 02:03 PM
    how about an option for new/improved keyboard that does not yet exist??
    05-13-09 02:04 PM
    I'd like to see the surepress mechanism and design improved, maybe instead of just 1 button underneath a few buttons ALL that trigger the press. So still one press, but making it easier to press and get a click on the extremities. And I'm sure the engineers can come up with other tweaks to improve the click on Storm 2.
    05-13-09 02:05 PM
    Really, tell me how typing on your storm is so bad, I can type quickly and efficiently. I find it MUCH better over an iphone/ipod touch due to the ******** heat sensing keyboard of the iphone/touch.

If you don't like SureType that's one thing (But most people seem to agree that Suretype is fantastic once you get used to it), but to say it sucks(in terms of functionality) is another bucket of worms.

And really, if you can't make suretype work, either swap to the full keyboard in portrait or just quickly flip the phone to landscape and finish whatever word SureType doesn't like you doing.
    Wait wait, I just realized I typed SureTYPE and not SurePRESS. My bad. I do not like SurePress. SureType is totally great. I just do not like the SurePress for typing. For everything else it is fine, better than the iPhone. If only RIM could enable it to be turned off for typing.

Sorry for the confusion
    www.dontclick.it

here is what i feel like using opera mini on my storm, but WAY worse...
    Yes good thinking. Get rid of that pos. I should read the reviews on the storm. But got to get the newest and greatest. Lol that is def not the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    All you do is flock the Storm forums tryna recruit other ppl to hate the Storm like you "CLAIM" you do. I guess misery truly does love company.

Your Curve that you "love so much" must not be but so interesting if all you can do is think about the Storm that you let go of everyday. Just go and get another Storm and stop livin in denial. You really make urself look like a fool.
    05-13-09 02:06 PM
    you need to get another phone, my friend. sounds like the storm just isn't for you. go get a pearl or curve or something. anything with a keyboard. it just isn't working out.

your storm just BBM'd me and wants me to tell you, "its not you, its me"...sorry bro.
    I can probably type faster on my Storm than most of the people in this thread, I just don't like it. I would rather have a physical keyboard...hence my buying the Tour when it comes out.

Try reading my other posts in the thread first.
    05-13-09 02:07 PM
    I can probably type faster on my Storm than most of the people in this thread, I just don't like it. I would rather have a physical keyboard...hence my buying the Tour when it comes out.

i don't know how to read
    05-13-09 02:08 PM
    www.dontclick.it

here is what i feel like using opera mini on my storm, but WAY worse...
    Haha. I totally agree Patches. lol. I got rid of Opera about 2 months ago...couldnt stand no being able to click! Cool website...gonna email that one to the wifey. lol.
    05-13-09 02:10 PM
    i don't know how to read
    That's ok. You're not alone.
    05-13-09 02:10 PM
    Wait wait, I just realized I typed SureTYPE and not SurePRESS. My bad. I do not like SurePress. SureType is totally great. I just do not like the SurePress for typing. For everything else it is fine, better than the iPhone. If only RIM could enable it to be turned off for typing.

Sorry for the confusion
    Ah okay. Makes sense then Some love the click, some hate it. I like the tactile feedback personally.

The Tour look fantastic but I couldn't stand the loss of screen real estate
    05-13-09 02:11 PM

Well while you still have the Storm, download Fast Type and try topping my high of 67 WPM. lol.
    05-13-09 02:12 PM
    I'd like to see the surepress mechanism and design improved, maybe instead of just 1 button underneath a few buttons ALL that trigger the press. So still one press, but making it easier to press and get a click on the extremities. And I'm sure the engineers can come up with other tweaks to improve the click on Storm 2.
    That would be a great idea. Maybe have one in each corner and one in the middle. That would be much better than my bussiness card/ circle sticker fix. My click is great now that I did it but I did pay a pretty penny for this phone so I dont feel like I should be jerry rigging it to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ahern090; 05-13-09 at 02:17 PM.
    05-13-09 02:15 PM
    Ah okay. Makes sense then Some love the click, some hate it. I like the tactile feedback personally.

The Tour look fantastic but I couldn't stand the loss of screen real estate
    That's what I have been struggling with...how much am I going to miss the big screen??

Well while you still have the Storm, download Fast Type and try topping my high of 67 WPM. lol.
    Haha I have always thought of downloading that app
    05-13-09 02:15 PM

so i went back and learned how to read really quick, and i still think my post applies. you don't like the storm click screen, you'd rather have the tactile keys. that was generally my point. you not liking the storm = the storm isn't for you. they're the same thing.

i are can reading!
    05-13-09 02:16 PM
    so i went back and learned how to read really quick, and i still think my post applies. you don't like the storm click screen, you'd rather have the tactile keys. that was generally my point. you not liking the storm = the storm isn't for you. they're the same thing.

i are can reading!
    Haha congratulations! Yeah, I just meant that I DO plan on getting the Tour...it looks...so...beautiful.
    05-13-09 02:18 PM
    Haha congratulations! Yeah, I just meant that I DO plan on getting the Tour...it looks...so...beautiful.
    i honestly really like the touch screen. maybe i just like the screen. i haven't used a phone with such high res, and still do all the stuff i want to do! maybe if they had a device with this big of a screen AND a keyboard, like a giant BB netbook...lmfao!
    05-13-09 02:20 PM
    Reason why i bought it was cuz it clicked in the screen, thats the only thing thats smart about this phone
    05-13-09 02:20 PM
    Reason why i bought it was cuz it clicked in the screen, thats the only thing thats smart about this phone
    woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. Thats probably the furthest i've heard from the truth since I've been a member of Crackberry! Dont let your emotions lead you to making such an incorrect statement. lol.
    05-13-09 02:23 PM
    I AM considering getting a tour for my annual upgrade, and using both, OR I might save it for the Storm 2, or get the Storm 2 at my 20 month mark (NE2 time) July 2010.
    05-13-09 02:30 PM
    I AM considering getting a tour for my annual upgrade, and using both, OR I might save it for the Storm 2, or get the Storm 2 at my 20 month mark (NE2 time) July 2010.
    Seems like you've got a big decision to make!
    05-13-09 02:36 PM
    If the Storm 2 sticks to what made the Storm 1 successful (in other words: NOT ADDING A HARDWARE KEYBOARD!), I'm gonna remain a Storm user and upgrade to the Storm 2 whenever its released.

If RIM slips up, i'll keep enjoying my Storm 1 until I'm in a bad enough mood where I need some new technology to cheer me up. In that event i'll go and get the latest and greatest Verizon berry on the market. lol.
    05-13-09 02:40 PM
    The problem with Storm is not its keyboard. Buggy software, no default screen-lock app, and no WiFI are the real problems. I hope Storm2 will stick to current SurePress.
    05-13-09 02:50 PM
    The problem with Storm is not its keyboard. Buggy software, no default screen-lock app, and no WiFI are the real problems. I hope Storm2 will stick to current SurePress.
    1. .75 has been fine for me since day 1

2. the 2.99 app "Storm Rotation Wizard" made my day and works great!

3. I have no need for Wifi; my browser speed isnt THAT unbearable

All in all, none of those three things are huge issues for me. But if I were to list them in order of how important they are, it would be in the order that I have listed. Lookin forward to a new OS, but not losing my mind over .75.
    05-13-09 03:07 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD