I went into a Verizon corporate store to get my wife her purple curve and had the opportunity to check out the new bold and play with the storm 2. All I can say is wow!!!! I always had the mindset that I need the physical keyboard to type fast. I was using the suretype keyboard in portrait mode and I typed at speeds I could never imagine using my Tour or Curve.My early upgrade is coming up at the end of July and had the mindset it was Bold or Bust. Would I be silly going with the Storm 2 with OS 6 right around the corner?
    06-13-10 08:51 AM
    I went into a Verizon corporate store to get my wife her purple curve and had the opportunity to check out the new bold and play with the storm 2. All I can say is wow!!!! I always had the mindset that I need the physical keyboard to type fast. I was using the suretype keyboard in portrait mode and I typed at speeds I could never imagine using my Tour or Curve.My early upgrade is coming up at the end of July and had the mindset it was Bold or Bust. Would I be silly going with the Storm 2 with OS 6 right around the corner?
    Nope. S2 will run OS6 fine. But IMO, OS6 will have a few nice items, but don't think it will live up to the hype.
    06-13-10 09:05 AM
    Since switching from the Curve 8330 to the S2 I have had no issues typing on it. The virtual keyboard works fine in both portrait and landscape. My only issue is the copy/paste function. It has a mind of it's own!

Since your upgrade is coming soon you may want to hold out until the Fall when the S3 is supposedly going to be released.
    06-13-10 09:20 AM
    Yeah, this is a difficult decision time in the Storm life-cycle. The S2 is EXCELLENT regardless of hat the never satisfied crowd says. They just want a new toy and are never sure what and nothing ever satisfies them.... You can get the S2 now and enjoy the heck out if it until you need/want to switch to the S3 if it's all it's cracked up to be. You won't need to switch right away because the S2 will do fine on OS6 and you can get the S3 when the prices drop as they always do shortly after launch... I've had Storms since S1 came out with the lamer than lame OS and upgraded the OS until S2 came out. I've never been sorry I bought a Storm of either variety and would suggest you get the S2 now and enjoy it!
    06-13-10 09:31 AM
    agreed... copy/paste is very bad on the Storm 2. But I have it, and I have a 9650 bold on my secondary line and by far, I type faster on my storm 2 in suretype than I can on the bold despite the comfortable keyboard.

I think the deciding factor will be memory. If you think you'll need 512 then sacrifice the speed and go with the bold. If you think 256 is ok and you won't be "an app hog" then go with the storm 2

At the end of the day, I have a feeling that all newer devices on the market with 256mb+ will get OS6, especially the Storm 2. OS6 just seems to have a huge emphasis on touch
    06-13-10 09:31 AM
    I think the deciding factor will be memory. If you think you'll need 512 then sacrifice the speed and go with the bold. If you think 256 is ok and you won't be "an app hog" then go with the storm 2

At the end of the day, I have a feeling that all newer devices on the market with 256mb+ will get OS6, especially the Storm 2. OS6 just seems to have a huge emphasis on touch
    I agree, but I think what I will end up doing is using Shrink-a-OS to trim some of the bloat when OS 6 is released so I will have enough memory. This is what I did with my Curve 8330 when OS 5 was released.
    06-13-10 09:40 AM
    I was shocked with my ability to type on the Storm. I have tried Iphone and several other touch screens and found myself fumbling all over the place. I have an all new respect for the Storm and may end up with one in the near future.
    06-13-10 09:45 AM
    landscape is about as functional as other touch screens on the market. But the suretype is amazing! There is no phone or blackberry on the market that can keep up with me when it comes to texting.

Although when a mistake is made, it was a duzy! Usually a completely different wont verses just 1 letter being off lol. Pretty funny, but I still love my portraint suretype regardless!
    06-13-10 09:58 AM
    The other thing is that you have 30 days to play with it (including typing on it) and then return it if you change your mind. This will be more than enough time to make your decision.
    06-13-10 09:59 AM
    I don't think you can go wrong either way. With OS6 coming out this summer (hopefully), I think that it'll run just as well on the Storm 2 compared to the Bold 9650. So, I think that the real factor you have to consider is touchscreen vs. QWERTY.
    06-13-10 03:39 PM
    BlackBerry 6 is coming out for all new and future devices, plus the Storm2, the Bold 9700, and a handful of other devices. I wouldn't worry about OS6 just yet, go ahead and jump on the 9550 bandwagon. It won't disappoint.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-13-10 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD