My Storm 2 started double and triple clicking in the lower left corner (by the green send key and the "?!123" key on the keyboard. The problem actually isn't that severe and as long as I'm careful, I can manage to use those keys without problem. It might be more difficult the full keyboard but for now, I am managing. The phone started out by having trouble clicking on that side and I thought it was just my Otterbox case pressing too hard but now the screen is experiencing the common problem other 9550 screen have been experiencing. My question is, once this problem "starts" can it get any worse?
    06-16-10 03:35 PM
    Is your S2 brand new? Mine did that in the beginning, but after "breaking in" the keyboard it no longer does. Also newer OS updates may have helped as well.
    06-16-10 03:58 PM
    I've had it for two months now, and I'm running the latest Verizon Multilanguage OS, which according to the phone is 5.0.0.607
    I lowered the sensativity on the touch screen and it's a bit better, still double and triple clicks though and I had the input system "crash" and restart once. I pulled the battery and havn't had any input system errors since, so maybe I'll give it a couple of days.
    I've backed the phone up, and I think I'll do a full wipe to see if it's still there. The idiots at the local Verizon store will want me to do it anyways before taking it into thier store.
    06-16-10 04:00 PM
    My Storm 2 started double and triple clicking in the lower left corner (by the green send key and the "?!123" key on the keyboard. The problem actually isn't that severe and as long as I'm careful, I can manage to use those keys without problem. It might be more difficult the full keyboard but for now, I am managing. The phone started out by having trouble clicking on that side and I thought it was just my Otterbox case pressing too hard but now the screen is experiencing the common problem other 9550 screen have been experiencing. My question is, once this problem "starts" can it get any worse?
    I'm sorry I can't directly answer your concern about the clicking, but let me relate a short story:

I got a replacement S2 shortly after the first S2 I bought early this year, and the moment that I got it home, I had awful trouble with the red end key clicking as much as 5+ times each time I touched it. It "chattered", rather than simply clicked. I thought, "oh, no, I'm going to need to return this second phone immediately", but within a day or so, all that weirdness with the key stopped. I hope yours doesn't get to the point that u can't use the phone, but if it does, Verizon will give you a refurb if you contact them. Good luck.
    06-16-10 04:06 PM
    I'm sorry I can't directly answer your concern about the clicking, but let me relate a short story:

I got a replacement S2 shortly after the first S2 I bought early this year, and the moment that I got it home, I had awful trouble with the red end key clicking as much as 5+ times each time I touched it. It "chattered", rather than simply clicked. I thought, "oh, no, I'm going to need to return this second phone immediately", but within a day or so, all that weirdness with the key stopped. I hope yours doesn't get to the point that u can't use the phone, but if it does, Verizon will give you a refurb if you contact them. Good luck.

Thanks Dave. 2756 and counting...lol
    06-16-10 04:14 PM

By all means, I'm not an expert, but I just ran into a similar situation yesterday immediately after installing .713. The lower right hand corner/end button was super sensitive and would triple click almost all the time. I went back to .607 and the problem stopped.

So, @fjl307, maybe it would be a good idea to back up your data, wipe it, and start clean again.

I hope everything works out for you!
    06-16-10 04:16 PM
    By all means, I'm not an expert, but I just ran into a similar situation yesterday immediately after installing .713. The lower right hand corner/end button was super sensitive and would triple click almost all the time. I went back to .607 and the problem stopped.

So, @fjl307, maybe it would be a good idea to back up your data, wipe it, and start clean again.

I hope everything works out for you!
    I'm in the process of doing that. My 9550 is running a bit slow anyways so it's time for a software wipe and an evaluation of that I need application and message-wise and don't need. I noticed in BB Desktop I have duplicates of the App World and a few other applications, as if they didn't overwrite the older versions during a updates or something. But anyways, I'll let everybody know how the software wipe goes. If that ends up working, it might be worth sticky'ing a thread discussing the issue. If it ends up working for many, it will be at least a cost and time saver to a Verizon store or waiting for a box plus it'll keep the cost down for Verizon and RIM. Thanks everybody.
    06-16-10 04:34 PM
    1. What OS are you running?

2. The only time that I have that issue is after 2-3 weeks with no reboot, a battery pull fixed it every time.
    06-16-10 06:45 PM
    1. What OS are you running?

2. The only time that I have that issue is after 2-3 weeks with no reboot, a battery pull fixed it every time.
    1. It's stated in a previous post (os version)

and I pull my battery at least once a day.

Results are back and for now, a complete wipe of the handheld has fixed the click issue. Maybe wiping the device somehow calibrates the SurePress or something. But regardless, if if happens to you, try wiping the device first to see if that resolves the clicking issue.
    Last edited by fjl307; 06-16-10 at 10:09 PM.
    06-16-10 09:41 PM

Results are back and for now, a complete wipe of the handheld has fixed the click issue. Maybe wiping the device somehow calibrates the SurePress or something. But regardless, if if happens to you, try wiping the device first to see if that resolves the clicking issue.
    Well that's good to hear; but be sure to post if it becomes a problem again. Maybe i'll try my luck at .713 again in light of your good fortune!
    06-16-10 10:55 PM
    Sorry to hear of the problem, I had hoped (sorta) that this issue was behind us. That being said, I took note of your comment that you "do a battery pull at least once a day." ONCE A DAY? WITH A STORM 2? Is there some reason you have to do that? If so, this might be pointing to far larger problems. The S2 really does not require battery pulls. The only time I do one is when I'm swapping out my battery for a freshly charged one. I don't have memory drops or freezes or any of the problems that the S1 had. You may need to do either a wipe/reinstall of your OS; take a look at the apps your running and see if any of those might be the culprit or, send it back in. Bummer!
    06-16-10 11:04 PM
    Mine did that too one day. Just started machine gun clicking in the upper left corner. Battery pulls wouldn't fix it and I didn't have time to do a wipe and reload before work. It fixed itself that day somehow and haven't had any issues since and that was a few months ago.

I would just keep an eye on it and if it persists and battery pulls or reloading the OS doesn't fix it, then a warranty return might be needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 11:05 PM
    i havent seen this problem, the only problem i suffer from while in a call i click the screen and end up viewing the phone book info for the person i am talking to, kinda weird but one time after a long call i noticed when i was done i was on a screen to send the person a text ,,
    06-17-10 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD