11 57.89%
  • no

4 21.05%
  • too slow

4 21.05%
  • Its ok

6 31.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I have a storm on Bell right now dose any one know how the upgrade to a storm 2 would go? got the storm is March 3 year contract its too slow. or get the Bold 9700 when Bell an Telus come out with there new gsm network
    Last edited by Randy b; 10-20-09 at 12:00 AM.
    10-19-09 11:49 PM
    Its really all up to you.
    10-19-09 11:52 PM
    I have the bold 9000 and i've had the storm 9500, and I'm going to get the storm2, and if it's horrible (which I doubt) I get a 15 day grace period, in which I can return it. But I really doubt it'll be horrible. my only problem with the storm 1 was the low amount of memory, which has been changed, and the ability to type faster with it's multi-buttonesque feature now rectified! yay!
    10-20-09 12:04 AM
    Don't have one
    10-20-09 12:05 AM
    I have the bold 9000 and i've had the storm 9500, and I'm going to get the storm2, and if it's horrible (which I doubt) I get a 15 day grace period, in which I can return it. But I really doubt it'll be horrible. my only problem with the storm 1 was the low amount of memory, which has been changed, and the ability to type faster with it's multi-buttonesque feature now rectified! yay!
    memory is still too low whats u r pin
    10-20-09 12:11 AM
    Its really all up to you.
    hey how do u add the Follow Me On Twitter
    10-20-09 12:13 AM
    Storm 2 is the way to go
    10-20-09 12:17 AM
    Storm 2 is the way to go
    I will see
    10-20-09 12:32 AM
    Lol I voted for all 4 answers
    10-20-09 12:49 AM
    To touch or not to touch...

That will decide y0ur destiny.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 01:35 AM
    i just dont understand why people would buy a touchscreen phone thats not an iphone. There is no competition out there its so painfully evident. I would 100% buy the new bold or tour if I wanted a slab keyboard phone, no questions asked, on Verizon's awesome network. However, then comparing to the Storm (s) the typing speed on my iphone is INCREDIBLE, the browser is the best in the business, the OS is the slickest and easy to use, the camera and video camera are awesome and work flawlessly, the app store is an entirely different argument, and you have the option to Jailbreak, which makes it the most customizable platform currently available. Everyone is going to have to renew contracts with Big Red for the Storm 2 anyways, and it doesnt make since why people wouldnt switch over to the (Evil?) Apple device.. Just my thoughts on the matter..
    10-20-09 08:42 AM
    Not sure the 9700 vs Storm 2 (9520/9550) is a fair comparison since one is a touch screen and one is full keyboard. Also for many of us (at least here in the states) this debate would also include changing carriers which many of us won't do. A better comparison (again thou carrier might decide this) would be the 9700 vs the Essex (not sure on model number). Or the Storm 2 vs the Iphone 3Gs, OR Android. IMHO
    10-20-09 08:50 AM

I'm on T-Mobile right now which the Storm2 won't work on even tho it's unlocked but, like the Storm2 & all that screen realestate. I like 9700 also because it's light & the full keyboard shortcuts are real nice. I just rather keep only one device tho.
    Last edited by Touchpro247; 10-25-09 at 12:09 AM.
    10-24-09 11:57 PM
    Well, it doesn't look like you made a choice Touchpro247. You have both.

Any preference?
    10-25-09 12:02 AM
    storm 2, a no brainer...
    10-25-09 12:07 AM
    i just dont understand why people would buy a touchscreen phone thats not an iphone. There is no competition out there its so painfully evident. I would 100% buy the new bold or tour if I wanted a slab keyboard phone, no questions asked, on Verizon's awesome network. However, then comparing to the Storm (s) the typing speed on my iphone is INCREDIBLE, the browser is the best in the business, the OS is the slickest and easy to use, the camera and video camera are awesome and work flawlessly, the app store is an entirely different argument, and you have the option to Jailbreak, which makes it the most customizable platform currently available. Everyone is going to have to renew contracts with Big Red for the Storm 2 anyways, and it doesnt make since why people wouldnt switch over to the (Evil?) Apple device.. Just my thoughts on the matter..
    People on Crackberry are interested in Blackberrys, not iphones. Sorry you can't understand something so simple.
    10-25-09 12:16 AM
    Well, it doesn't look like you made a choice Touchpro247. You have both.

Any preference?
    So far the 9700 has it IMO but, that's just me the 9550 is real... I just prefer smaller & lighter devices...

Plus the 9700's usability is so great...
    10-25-09 12:23 AM
    ive never had a bold just 8330 and storm and seeing how storm1 is i'd probably go with the bold
    10-25-09 12:31 AM
    I've had the bold and the storm, I broke my bold last week It's in the shop getting repaired, so right now I'm debating the this same problem and I'm not sure which one to pick. I really REALLY like the larger screen of the Storm2, but how's the typing experience? That's my biggest problem with phones. The typing experience. With the storm1 I couldn't get too much speed on it, so that's why I'm looking towards the storm2. The Bold 9700 made me sad to see that it lost it's giant screen ... That's a downgrade for me ...

I was thinking about the N900 (which weighs at 190 grams) so I don't think weight is a problem for me. But I still can't decide between which BB to pick!!!! This stinks! The S2 or the B9700 hahaha. Maybe TouchPro can enlighten us on some pros and cons of each :P they're very similar phones on the inside (gps, wifi, bluetooth, memory) and different (processor speeds, & battery life).
    10-25-09 03:49 AM
    i personally would love to have the 9700 just because i have the storm currently and i wanna change and inono if the S2 is it.
    10-25-09 03:53 AM
    i personally would love to have the 9700 just because i have the storm currently and i wanna change and inono if the S2 is it.
    OK WHY Do you want to change ? What's the leading factor for you to change?
    10-25-09 03:54 AM
    I am having the same dilemma right now...the storm2 looks good, and I would have to switch carriers(Verizon) I am fine with that because AT&T has not been good to me since I've moved. (I don't even have a signal in half of my home!!) AT&T is probably the worst in customer service as well. That being why I purchased my Bold 9000 unlocked... I love the look of the 9700, and may get it if I choose to stay on AT&T... Anyone know if my 9000 would work on Verizon? I need some help on the thought process, but ultimately know that it is up to me to decide on which is the device for me...

10-25-09 04:48 AM
    Your 9000 won't work on Verizon, as it's a CDMA network and no Bold is a CDMA device.

My real concern on the Storm2 is how it's slower processor will handle multitasking and if it will have any type of lag while maintaining various conversations, emails, browsing the web and listening to music all at once. I know that the CPU will have to handle all the spelling algorithms. haha. We'll see.
    10-25-09 04:55 AM
    Your 9000 won't work on Verizon, as it's a CDMA network and no Bold is a CDMA device.

My real concern on the Storm2 is how it's slower processor will handle multitasking and if it will have any type of lag while maintaining various conversations, emails, browsing the web and listening to music all at once. I know that the CPU will have to handle all the spelling algorithms. haha. We'll see.
    Thanks for the bad news about my 9000 haha. Anyway, I hear Verizon is expensive too. I still don't know what to do... Never had a touch screen, but will definitely stay with BlackBerry.

10-25-09 06:27 AM
    Like many people I have been going back and forth on which one to get. I guess I am in the minority of people who actually like AT&T. Customer service has been great and never drop a call. On the other hand I would love a full touchscreen. I still keep coming back to the 9700 though for my choice. I keep thinking I want to change things up and get the touchscreen, but I think I will regret not getting the 9700 if I got the Storm2. Another thing that helps is that I can get simultaneous data and voice with the Bold 9700/AT&T. Crucial also posted a few weeks ago that there will soon be things coming to GSM that will be better than the Storm2. Definitely a tough decision but I think I'm going with the 9700.
    10-25-09 06:34 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD