Hi Everyone,

My apologies if i am posting this in a wrong place. I don't own a blackberry but i am planning to buy a Storm 2. The problem is, i am with AT&T, so i thought i will get it from ebay or get it unlocked. But i have read that an unlocked storm 2 is not compatible with AT&T and you cannot access all the features of the phone with it.
    Does anyone here own an unlocked storm 2 who could give insight into it?
    Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    05-25-10 09:23 PM
    You will not be able to get 3G on a Storm2 on AT&T. The best you will get is EDGE. Therefore, simultaneously voice/data will not be possible unless you use Wi-Fi for the data.

All other features will work if you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS).
    05-25-10 09:42 PM
    Thanks for the reply. So, there is no way for getting 3G? I mean any fix that works? Isn't EDGE painfully slow? :|
    Guess i will have to look at some other smart phone then. :s
    05-25-10 09:45 PM
    Thanks for the reply. So, there is no way for getting 3G? I mean any fix that works? Isn't EDGE painfully slow? :|
    Guess i will have to look at some other smart phone then. :s
    No fix, the storm 2 only has the 2100mhz gsm 3g bands, which only work overseas.
    05-25-10 10:12 PM
    I'd suggest the 9700 for AT&T. Just don't buy a T-Mobile branded device. T-Mobile and AT&T use different 3G bands, so you won't get 3G on AT&T with a T-Mobile 9700.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-25-10 11:30 PM
    Thanks, mate. I will look into the 9700 then.
    05-26-10 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD