So, I finally upgraded from the Storm to the Storm 2. I am one of the weird ones out there that liked the Storm. Never had any issues with mine, except for the amount of application memory.

So, because of the application memory I finally did the upgrade. So, I have an issue with the new Storm 2. And I am hoping someone on here has either also seen this, or knows a solution for me.

From time to time the alert window that pops up on the screen doesn't show up. The alarm goes off, but I don't get a window to snooze or dismiss the alarm. After about 15 seconds the snooze button will show up, but that it is. Then sometimes, the window comes up, but the whole background of the screen turns white.

I took it to Verizon yesterday, and they told me to pull the battery at least once a day. Now it will clear up the issue for a while when you pull out the battery. But, come on, we should be beyond the time when I have to constantly pull out the battery to re-boot the phone.

Thanks, for your assistance.
    05-03-10 08:31 PM
    I don't have a solution for you except to reload ur os but I will say that I have not "had" to do a reboot or battery pull since release day. So that's bogus advice.
    05-03-10 09:54 PM
    yeah i havent pulled mine battery in days what os are you running and yeah aybe a reload is the way to go ive never had that problem
    05-03-10 10:12 PM
    i had the same issue... and a reload should fix it.
    05-04-10 08:09 AM
    i'm having this same issue with my alarm not sounding as well... how did you reload your OS? i've tried reloading via the loader.exe file, wiping all info from the phone. this morning i performed a wipe and reload via BBSAK and the issue is still there. i don't know what else to do i've only had this problem since loading 5.0.0.607 on the phone.
    05-09-10 12:43 PM
    I have something like this problem from time to time and I think some of my calendar items got screwed up along the way. I have some birthdays that now extend over two days instead of being an all day event on one day. These entries seem to cause a freezing of my phone sometimes and don't come up until I do a battery pull. I didn't enter them in from 4 am one day to 4 am the next (or something like that) but I have to go back and edit. He series to make them a one day, all day event). Did this happen to any of your entries?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD