So I got my Storm 2 9550 from Telus about a month and a half ago brand new and was really excited to use a Storm that had finally been perfected, so I thought.

My initial reaction to the phone was that I loved how it performed other then the sms pop up bug, the bottom buttons sticking, and most importantly the battery life. I had to charge this thing twice a day just from regular usage with some texting, couple of calls and a little bit of facebook/browsing. I actually carried an extra battery incase i couldn't get to a charger.
    Then a new OS dropped. I thought this would surely solve all my problems - it didn't. My battery life got noticeably worse if you can believe it and my sms bug was still there. The OS did improve the feel of the screen and the responsiveness of the phone but it was not drastic enough to be able to sacrifice what little battery life I had.
    Then .517 dropped and I was praying my battery problems had been answered.. But they weren't. The battery life did improve from this OS, as well as the overall performance and speed of the phone, but the battery life compared to other smart phones I had used (iPhone 3G, Curve 8900, Bold 9700) was pathetic.

With all that being said, I love the Storm 2 and the idea of the clicking touch screen, but if RIM wants to compete in the touchscreen market they have some drastic improvements to make for the Storm 3. As a result of the bugs and battery life problems I was forced to pick up a iPhone 3GS and let me tell you, the battery life on the iPhone is much much better then the Storm 2.

I know you storm fanatics are going to rip on me for this post, but I just wanted to see if anyone else is having a similar experience.
    04-11-10 11:15 AM
    You didn't say what OS u are using. being on Telus, I'm not going to assume that you are using what us Verizon users have, which is 607. so what is your OS version? battery life on 607 has been great (as in "superb" for my phone and my wife's, as well as others here who have reported similar comments. there's always a few that are sure a new OS is the underlying cause of any battery issues they may be having. if that were true, everyone should be having battery issues)
    04-11-10 11:31 AM
    Some people are having the same experience, but then some people, like me, are having a perfect experience. The phone isn't for everyone (and that can be said for every phone). Also, it seems like the problems you are experiencing arent widespread. Some people feel like they have perfect phones.

That said, enjoy your iphone. I hear good things about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 11:31 AM
    I'm on Telus also. I've been through a bunch of the OS out there and found they greatly improved my battery life. The best I had was on >517 where I was getting a full20-24 hours. Not as good lately with .607 (down to about 12-16 hours). I bought the second battery too and still carrry it but havent had to use it.

As for compared to other phones. My daughter can't get through the work day on one charge on her iphone (with Telus also). Battery life is awful on it.
    04-11-10 07:48 PM
    Make sure you have GPS switched off.
    GPS will kill your battery in a hurry.

I've got a 9550 on Rogers, 0S.607. I've never had to recharge in the middle of the day.

- Jake
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 04-11-10 at 09:37 PM.
    04-11-10 09:34 PM
    perfect experience here....Sooooo much better screen size and can type as fast as my old 9700. VZW rocks with new OS .607 and the voice quality is flawless...no hissing background noise like from ATT.

I am sure the S3 will be even better
    04-11-10 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD