what's up crackberry,

I currently have a bold with at&t and am patiently waiting for the 9700 to be released (still no official date). Anyway, i stopped by a verizon store today to play with the S2 and i am impressed. So, I put this to you, should I wait on the 9700 or get the S2? The only advantage of the 9700 would be that it would be easier to type when driving since i would have a physical keyboard. any and all opinions welcome, but I would like to decide tonight on what to do.
    11-04-09 01:17 PM
    Storm2 = Better screen no 3G
    9700 = Physical Keypad and 3G on ATT
    11-04-09 01:21 PM
    I sold my Tour to get the Storm 2 since I can type faster with the SureType than I could with the QWERTY keyboard. I miss it every now and again but I'm very happy with my decision.

PS You really shouldn't texts while you are driving, but to each his own.
    11-04-09 01:22 PM
    I had the same choice to decide.... I decided to go with the storm 2.
    I picked the storm 2 because I had the bold and used the internet frequently. I wanted a new bb, and the bold 2 has a slightly smaller screen and is not really different from the bold 1 at all, so I switched over to Verizon and picked up the storm 2. Typing is harder but you adapt quickly. I love having the larger screen to view web pages, and emails.
    11-04-09 01:22 PM
    If you are with ATT then I say just go with the 9700. You dont want to be paying for a phone and service that you cant fully utilize since you wouldn't be getting 3G as Sith said. If thats honestly not that important to you then I can only comment on Storm2 vs 9000 and the Storm2 is by far faster, cleaner, and more "usable" from a browsing and screen viewing perspective
    11-04-09 01:23 PM
    Scout also made a good point. If your concern is which would be better for texting while operating a vehicle, then you may be asking the wrong questions in general
    11-04-09 01:25 PM
    If you are doing alot of typing while driving you should be debating about what reinforced steel cage you should be buying not what device.
    11-04-09 01:29 PM
    The only advantage of the 9700 would be that it would be easier to type when driving since
    Thanks for putting all of us at risk.
    11-04-09 01:31 PM
    I would go with the storm 2 much better screen and verizon has a better network. The storm 2 is a great device hands down!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I guess thats what im wondering, does the OP plan on switching to VZW or staying with ATT and using the S2?

I just made the switch from ATT to VZW and let me tell you that it was honestly a great decision to make
    11-04-09 01:37 PM
    I apologize about my driving while texting comment, so I promise to stop doing it as of right now...but give me some opinions on the storm2, thats what i needs from loyal and honest crackberry users.
    11-04-09 01:38 PM
    Storm2 = Better screen no 3G
    9700 = Physical Keypad and 3G on ATT
    huh? Since when is the Storm not 3G

What you talkin bout Sith?

When did I miss the memo that the Storm is not 3G?

Unless you were thinking he was planning to unlock it?
    11-04-09 01:41 PM

Well if he brings the S2 over to ATT then no 3G, i think thats what Sith was implying
    11-04-09 01:43 PM

If i get the S2, i will be switching over to verizon because i need my 3g
    11-04-09 01:44 PM
    I would probably ask around to see how Verizon is in your area compared to ATT. In the CT area I got crappy 3G with ATT but I have rock solid signal through verizon. Also, the 9700 just seems to be a glorified 9000 I am not sure you would really feel like you had a "different" phone if you know what i mean. If verizon is pretty good in your area I say consider making the change, albiet I loved my Bold, my S2 made me love blackberries even more
    11-04-09 01:53 PM
    In my area, at&t and verizon are both solid as far as 3g coverage
    11-04-09 01:59 PM
    I myself am with T-Mobile with a 8320 waiting on our 9700 but just spoke with a Verizon rep and I'm quite sure that by early December I will be porting over just for the Storm 2. Glad to see a lot of users are happy with the phone. plus you all know I will greatly appreciate the extra screen I will have for web and skin flicks lol....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 02:02 PM
    No contest...left att 4 days ago and not one dropped call so far.....Wifi flies on storm 2 and web on 3g is only a hair slower than att....
    11-04-09 02:02 PM
    Storm2 is a rock solid device, much better than the Storm1. Hardware improvements include a better screen click technology, more process memory (better Civic?), better buttons, and much sleeker design. Software, seems to work better (yes I tried 328 on my S1), faster and more responsive. And of course it is THE first CDMA BB (released anyways) that has wifi!!!!!
    11-04-09 02:13 PM
    Storm2 is a rock solid device, much better than the Storm1. Hardware improvements include a better screen click technology, more process memory (better Civic?), better buttons, and much sleeker design. Software, seems to work better (yes I tried 328 on my S1), faster and more responsive. And of course it is THE first CDMA BB (released anyways) that has wifi!!!!!
    PK nailed it..
    11-04-09 02:18 PM
    Hey all, yeah I had just gotten the bb Tour, and I am so glad I switched to the Storm 2. I love this phone, and when I first got it I had my doubts since I've never had a touch screen phone and all the bad stories I heard about the S1. But after 2 days I can type faster with suretype than I did with my QWERTY Tour. I havent looked back at my Tour since. I love the features on this phone, I love how it feels in the hand or while on a call, the software is lightning fast, its so responsive. I would go with Verizon and the S2. The wifi is finally on a CDMA bb, I no longer have to bring my laptop just to use the wifi feature when flying. I hated the fact that the Tour didnt have wifi. I would definitely take the S2 dive.
    11-04-09 03:38 PM
    so i got a storm 2 with a temp phone number...its a great device but not sure if i like it. I really like a physical keyboard, but I love the new 5.0 os which the 9700 will have. I'm going to play with it for a few days before i make my final decision. Thanks for all of your comments.
    11-04-09 07:26 PM
    what's up crackberry,

I currently have a bold with at&t and am patiently waiting for the 9700 to be released (still no official date). Anyway, i stopped by a verizon store today to play with the S2 and i am impressed. So, I put this to you, should I wait on the 9700 or get the S2? The only advantage of the 9700 would be that it would be easier to type when driving since i would have a physical keyboard. any and all opinions welcome, but I would like to decide tonight on what to do.
    I was with ATT for a long time, since Cingular.. Had the Bold 1, then the Curve 8900... I was waiting for the Bold 2 to release, and I couldn't wait.. I played around with the Storm 2 and ended up switching over to Verizon to pick one up. It's the best Blackberry I've ever had! I love this phone! Also, though I have no serious complaints about ATT as I've had them forever and I live in the New York Metropolitan area, in one of the apparently few ATT 3G areas around the country, I did sometimes more than seldom, but less than frequently get calls dropped in the middle of conversations, and when trying to dial out, I would get the congestion message.. I haven't had a single dropped call or unable to call out message with Verizon. The coverage is more steady and robust, and the other thing is the speed. I was concerned with which was faster ATT 3G using the GSM or Verizon using LTE.. I did hours and hours of researching all across the internet and found sources that said the 3G on GSM was faster, and vice versa.. There are all the arguments and propaganda back and forth, "well, the speed tests can vary depending on your location and other factors.. but generally..", blah, blah, blah.. I was more confused after hours and hours of researching than when I first started trying to just learn what the differences between GSM and CDMA were, and all the other technical crap... Well, I decided to just go through with it, and field test the network with the awesome looking Storm 2, and the worst case scenario would be I would go back within 30 days... Well, regardless of what all these sources say, and anybody elses alleged experiences... The internet going over my Blackberry on the Verizon Network, is WAY WAY WAYYYYY faster than it was on ATT!! I'm sold on Verizon, and I love the Storm 2... If you choose that one, you will be very happy with it!
    11-05-09 01:05 AM
    im in the exact same boat as you..i currently have att and have been with them forever..love gsm..love the fact i can switch phones anytime i want buying unlocked phones and just stickin in the sim card.. as far as the bold goes, ive had the bold since it came out and love the qwerty key and the speed of the phone..i dont have any complaints about the phone..what i do have compaints about is the network..i do get some dropped calls and unable to dial out and get the error tone sometimes...the signal jumps from 3g to edge to gprs and back to 3g alot at my house.

but i do have a connection at att and get a 25% off monthly bill and 50% off accessories. cant beat that compared to my 15% off monthly bill on verizon.

When the storm 2 came out i was very interested in it since it was a touchscreen and a updated storm..i wanted to try a completely different phone which the storm is..so like others i kept my att and got the storm 2 with a temp number...i have all my calls forwarded to the new number and have my texts forwarded to my emails..all i can say is im fallin in love with the storm 2..it fits perfectly in my hands and i can type way faster one handed with suretype on portrait mode. i dont condone texting while driving and it should never be done.,but sometimes i have to reply to a text real quick.well i can type ALOT faster on the storm 2 than my bold one handed driving or not. i hardly use the landscape mode to type. i love the screen and just the touchscreen functions overall..

so im in the same dilema..should i switch or not..i still have until nov 28 to decide but so far im leaning towards the storm...worst case scenerio il keep both with diff numbers..i dont know...i really dont know what to do!
    11-05-09 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD