Ever since I loaded .713 on my phone I have been having trouble with my security camera app, my theme, and now I have the Opera issues. I tried to downgrade to .607 but I am having the same issues on that OS. I did not get any of these issues on .607 before I loaded .713.... I also did not wipe the phone yet... I guess I need to wipe to clear these issues?? Does the BB desktop software have a way to do this or do I need a third party program to wipe my phone?
    06-23-10 12:10 PM
    Update now. Seems BBM is jacked too. If the signal is weak, the message stalls and will not go through. Re typing is a real pain!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 12:55 PM
    You might try BlackBerry Master Control Program, or CrackUtil - both have the ability to wipe the apps and the file system. BBSAK does a data and settings wipe but leaves the apps alone.
    Ever since I loaded .713 on my phone I have been having trouble with my security camera app, my theme, and now I have the Opera issues. I tried to downgrade to .607 but I am having the same issues on that OS. I did not get any of these issues on .607 before I loaded .713.... I also did not wipe the phone yet... I guess I need to wipe to clear these issues?? Does the BB desktop software have a way to do this or do I need a third party program to wipe my phone?
    06-23-10 01:29 PM
    Wow. Just noticed that "wireless update" under advanced options is now gone... Interesting.

06-23-10 01:57 PM
    I updated to .713 and have found one little glitch so far, and it might even be something I've done somehow.

Why do I have two BB App Worlds in my Add-On Application list? They both say installed June 23, 2010 at 10:09 AM. One says 745,984 bytes and 2 modules. The other says 705,116 bytes and 1 module.

Should I delete one of the App Worlds? And if so, which one?

Thanks in advance!
    06-23-10 02:12 PM
    Has anyone had issue with Bluetooth operations? I'd love a suggestion on the following issue.

I have 2 bluetooth devices. The first is a Plantronics Headset (works fine with .713, just like before) the second is a bluetooth module in my pioneer avic-d3 called a BT-200. Issues since loading .713:

1. When connecting, the radio now moves to BT interface automatically. Use to happen only on an incoming call.
    2. Radio has a dial / disconnect button, those no longer 2-way. I hit the buttons and the phone does not make a new call or hang up an existing call.

I tried unpairing / repairing / deleting, etc.. did not work. Nothing changed as far as I can tell on any of the auto connect type options.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Can I downgrade just the net_bb_bluetooth cod file to an earlier version? Should I downgrade back to .607? If that's the recommendation, do I do that via a RESTORE a full OS reload?

I appreciate the advice. Thank you.
    06-23-10 04:25 PM
    WorldDialer BRICKED my BB!

I've been using WorldDialer to dial through my Google Voice number. The app was designed to use prepaid calling cards for cheap long distance, but it's worked like a champ for inserting the GV string when calling out.

Since I installed .713, I've done several wipe & reinstalls due to reboots hanging on the splash screen, aka Verizon Screen of Death.

I finally started on a clean OS install and reinstalled apps one at a time, with a battery pull after each. WorldDialer is definitely the cause of the VSOD, and it rebooted just fine after deleting the WorldDialer COD with BBSAK.
    06-23-10 06:09 PM
    ===== QUOTE getsome122 ====

I am on the fence on if I will update to .713 or not. I have had no issues with .607 except for losing some contacts when I updated to it.

Every upgrade I become a procrastinator after reading peoples issues on here.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

===== /QUOTE ====

I'd suggest you stick with .607. I have not noticed a single (even slight) improvement in anything on the phone with .713. I've had no trouble from it, but nothing good either. If you insist on being current and think of upgrading your OS as fun, then do it. Otherwise, wait for whatever comes next.
    So far only things I have noticed is it once again duplicated a bunch of contacts. Don't think I lost any this time.

And it took forever to receive a picture over BBm. Hoping that was just due to poor signal on the senders part.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-23-10 09:00 PM
    Phone is pretty zippy

Robotic voice issue here. Wow, that REALLY sucks. Please, someone fix this.
    Battery life is worse for me.
    06-23-10 10:37 PM
    Auto correct bug is driving me crazy. Searched the thread but must have missed if there is a fix for it, anyone got one for me to try?

Anyone?
    06-24-10 07:15 AM
    Anyone?
    What problem are you experiencing with auto correct?
    06-24-10 07:33 AM
    I turn it off and it keeps turning itself back on.
    06-24-10 07:34 AM
    That happened to me when I upgraded to 607. It murdered my battery life. It is very easy to reinstall App World. I would remove them both and reinstall. That fixed it for me.
    Just removed them both, and reinstalled App World. Seems to be fine now. I haven't ever had that happen before when doing an OS upgrade, interesting. Thanks for the advice.
    06-24-10 07:36 AM
    I turn it off and it keeps turning itself back on.
    You might be the only having that type of issue using this OS. If I were to wipe the OS and reinstall it again. Minus well install a hybrid using alexander akin latest hybrid.

06-24-10 07:43 AM
    This os has been perfect for me for 3 days now. There was an initial issue with cell network not allowing my browser or apps to access the internet but a quick disable/enable fixed that issue for me.

The signal seems more accurate and switches when I would expect it too (low coverage areas etc) and the keyboard is super fast.

I run a load of apps, have not tried any of my open gl games yet so those could be an issue. So far no issues with any app I am running, berryweather, podtrapper, poynt, google maps, sirius app, opera (still has tilt bug, but thats operas problem) facebook, rim twitter, crackberry superstore.

no issues, sick os.
    06-24-10 07:57 AM
    OK, stop me if this has already been stated (I'm not rooting through every page in this thread)...

My speakerphone is not working at all... I can't play music through the speaker and the phone will not ring, just vibrate. I can, however, hear perfectly fine through the earpiece. This did not happen immediately after .713 was loaded, but it did a few days later.
    06-24-10 09:48 AM
    OK, stop me if this has already been stated (I'm not rooting through every page in this thread)...

My speakerphone is not working at all... I can't play music through the speaker and the phone will not ring, just vibrate. I can, however, hear perfectly fine through the earpiece. This did not happen immediately after .713 was loaded, but it did a few days later.
    Be sure to check your Ringtone/Alert settings and not setup to silent.

06-24-10 09:50 AM

pull out the battery. count to 30. reinsert. hope that helps (it usually does).
    06-24-10 10:04 AM
    Another update... I re-installed Bing and its working fine now. My "wireless update" has returned. Browser speed still a Huge issue. I've made sure that the settings are correct. Man, I'm ready for another update already...

06-24-10 10:59 AM
    Another update... I re-installed Bing and its working fine now. My "wireless update" has returned. Browser speed still a Huge issue. I've made sure that the settings are correct. Man, I'm ready for another update already...

same here JamWar,this build is something else i tell you,my battery life is killing me,and i done a wipe and reinstall,idk what else to do...
    06-24-10 11:07 AM
    Phone is pretty zippy

Robotic voice issue here. Wow, that REALLY sucks. Please, someone fix this.
    Battery life is worse for me.

Yea, I have the robot voice thing going on as well... There is so much wrong with this OS, its hard to keep good in mind when bringing it up.

06-24-10 11:08 AM
    My Bluetooth Headphones work much better on .713 but still not perfect. the range seems very very short, my pocket is too far from my head...

On the last VZW release it was terrible, so much so that I stopped using them.
    06-24-10 11:33 AM
    can someone instruct me on how to do a swipe and reload of the os, had problems with .713, went back to .607 yeasterday
    Thanks
    This thread on another site has great, detailed instructions.

BlackberryOS - Your Blackberry RIM Software and RIM Applications Source - HELP GUIDE: Upgrade/Downgrade, Backing up, BRICKED STORM!! Your COMPLETE GUIDE
    06-24-10 02:34 PM
    UPDATE: I contacted S4BB, the developer of WorldDialer and several other apps. They replied that they know about this "issue" and plan to correct it in a future release.

WTF? They know their app causes complete failure of a device running an official OS release from a major US carrier, but they don't post a warning on the Mobihand download page or any other site?

They must be incompetent, stupid, or downright evil. I'm not sure which.

WorldDialer BRICKED my BB!

I've been using WorldDialer to dial through my Google Voice number. The app was designed to use prepaid calling cards for cheap long distance, but it's worked like a champ for inserting the GV string when calling out.

Since I installed .713, I've done several wipe & reinstalls due to reboots hanging on the splash screen, aka Verizon Screen of Death.

I finally started on a clean OS install and reinstalled apps one at a time, with a battery pull after each. WorldDialer is definitely the cause of the VSOD, and it rebooted just fine after deleting the WorldDialer COD with BBSAK.
    06-24-10 02:38 PM
    hrmm on a incoming call if I hit the virtual green answer key nothing happens I have to push the hard keys
    06-24-10 03:04 PM
597 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD