Overall...not too happy with .713, I'm hoping a hybrid fixes some of the issues.

Battery life much worse than my last hybrid.
    Yesterday after:
    9 calls - 80 minutes total
    33 text messages back and forth
    24 emails back and forth
    About 1 hour of web surfing
    and 5.5 hours of total time since last full charge
    I was sitting at 30% left.
    I don't think anything else was running in the background.
    Bluetooth and WiFi are always on. (Need it)
    The phone was in holster during non-use.
    Vibrate was used for notification.

I still have periods of lag
    , sometimes several seconds of non-response from the keyboard.
    The soft key for answering the phone sometimes takes a couple of tries.
    06-22-10 11:17 AM
    went back to .607 today after numerous problems with .713 it screwed up the patternlock app and also the quicklaunch today.......di try ther first .713 update then the one from verizon.............back to .607 i go!!!
    06-22-10 11:33 AM
    If anyone could be so kind to help me out. I did the download this a.m and I am having issues with one of my email accounts from my school. It shoes up in m y email set up. I sent a test email to it. It blinks as an alert, but there is no red star anywhere for me to locate it and no email icon at the top. It just blinks. It is just sort of lost. I think maybe because it is tied to my gmail as well as being it's own as well? How do I find it and get it on my screen somewhere? My other two are there and came through ok with the upgrade.
    Thanks!!!
    06-22-10 12:03 PM
    If anyone could be so kind to help me out. I did the download this a.m and I am having issues with one of my email accounts from my school. It shoes up in m y email set up. I sent a test email to it. It blinks as an alert, but there is no red star anywhere for me to locate it and no email icon at the top. It just blinks. It is just sort of lost. I think maybe because it is tied to my gmail as well as being it's own as well? How do I find it and get it on my screen somewhere? My other two are there and came through ok with the upgrade.
    Thanks!!!
    Try looking in your Applications folder (and other folders as well). Sometimes, after an OS upgrade, one or more of your email accounts can get magically moved from the home screen to a folder.
    06-22-10 01:41 PM
    Been using for a few days now...

Overall better -
    Battery life increased
    Keyboard better...etc...same as everyone.

The one thing that still annoys me is that BBM groups still doesn't work. I used the included BBM, BBM .56, and now the beta - I still don't get a keyboard in BBM groups.
    06-22-10 01:52 PM
    Seemed to run a little faster and freeze up less often, however I had to go back to the .607 OS. After downloading .713 my theme did not work correctly, and a couple of my apps I use all the time would not function correctly anymore.

I'll wait for a hybrid or the next release and try again.
    06-22-10 02:35 PM
    Some things I've noticed are:

- Most of the time improved battery life on my S2. My wife complains that her battery life has decreased a little.

- Surepress and swiping is much more responsive and smoother majority of the time.

- Camera seems to take pictures quicker than with 607 & 320.

- VCast Song ID app seems to work faster than on 607 & 320.

- Majority of the time, browser seems to be a tad bit faster. However, on occasion, it does seem to be slower than 607 & 320.

- Occasionally, my phone seems to get bogged down and is unresponsive.

- My wife's S2 has rebooted on it's own twice since upgrading to 713. She also complained that her phone locked up, last night, & she had to do a battery pull to get it to work properly, again.

- Neither my wife or I have experienced any of those robotic like calls that everyone seems to be talking about.
    06-22-10 03:04 PM
    went back to .607 today after numerous problems with .713 it screwed up the patternlock app and also the quicklaunch today.......di try ther first .713 update then the one from verizon.............back to .607 i go!!!
    I use both of those apps regularly and have had no problems with them whatsoever since upgrading to .713.
    06-22-10 08:12 PM
    Mine and my wife's phones both have not had any problems with Quicklaunch, too.

I've also noticed improved download speeds when downloading e-mail attachments.
    06-22-10 08:27 PM
    Incidentally, is there any way to override the 2.9MB attachment download limit? It seems weird I can open/access files that are over this size on my Blackberry but if I try to download them from the email to save on the phone, it tells me this is impossible because it's over the file size limit. What gives?

Edit: This isn't a .713 specific question, heh. Just always wondered about this.
    06-22-10 08:33 PM
    I am on the fence on if I will update to .713 or not. I have had no issues with .607 except for losing some contacts when I updated to it.

Every upgrade I become a procrastinator after reading peoples issues on here.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-22-10 08:38 PM
    I am on the fence on if I will update to .713 or not. I have had no issues with .607 except for losing some contacts when I updated to it.

Eh. I'm wiping and going with a hybrid this weekend. This OS gets worse as the day goes on. Battery life is suckage over .517 too, at least for me after a full day of use.
    06-22-10 10:17 PM
    SOOOOO whos gunna be my hero and post a fix to this DAMN "robotic call sound" issue...it is truly annoying and i really dont fill like doing a wipe and downgrading...maybe i can install and older radio .cod and that might fix it???
    06-22-10 11:31 PM
    Not sure where to start. My one huge issue us with the network... Its Mad slow, not sure what to do accept restore to .607. Other issues are with �ber twitter, won't run off WiFi. Bing (app) is gone. It had a Bug when I tried to configure it so I deleted it. There is much more wrong... Was there anything done right??? I have yet to see the benefit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 11:49 PM
    I searched the thread and found only one reference to a TMO user and that post said he/she was waiting to upgrade to this release.

Are there any TMO users who are running .713? I'm on .517 and not suffering from the data issues reported by other TMO users.

Does Berrybuzz 3.0.66 run on this release?
    06-23-10 05:06 AM
    So far so good. Got everything set up and seems to be working faster than before. Will see if it continues.

06-23-10 05:07 AM
    I've been using 713 for about a week now and here's my 2 cents.

BB's and the OS's have lots of room for improvements; I'm not sure the developers really understand how the darn things work either.

3rd party apps don't always work as well as we might like, but maybe they work the way they were supposed to?

Eventually we get used to the quirks and then they release a new OS and we start all over again.

Did I miss anything?

PS - And some of you (large post counts) take this too seriously. Just because you live on-line day and night doesn't mean the rest of us sort thru every stinking post. It's an internet forum, relax and let the people share questions, ideas, experiences and frustrations.
    06-23-10 05:43 AM
    A day after the OTA update... Now I'm seeing improved browser speed. Not sure what was wrong the first day. Smooth running now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 06:10 AM

I'd suggest you stick with .607. I have not noticed a single (even slight) improvement in anything on the phone with .713. I've had no trouble from it, but nothing good either. If you insist on being current and think of upgrading your OS as fun, then do it. Otherwise, wait for whatever comes next.
    06-23-10 08:03 AM
    I am going back to .607 with a WillyBoy Hybrid. Sometimes I have a hang of a time getting my phone into landscape, the keyboard can get a little laggy and overall the phone doesn't seem as fast as it was before. Sometimes the browser takes forever to open. I had none of those issues with .607 and WillyBoys 2.3 Hybrid.
    06-23-10 08:12 AM
    I am going back to .607 with a WillyBoy Hybrid. Sometimes I have a hang of a time getting my phone into landscape, the keyboard can get a little laggy and overall the phone doesn't seem as fast as it was before. Sometimes the browser takes forever to open. I had none of those issues with .607 and WillyBoys 2.3 Hybrid.
    Try wiping and reloading if you haven't already bro. Alot of people are seeing their issues disappear after doing so... Just a thought
    06-23-10 08:18 AM
    I had patternlock issues as well. I was also having them now and then before the OS upgrade but basically the phone would freeze completely and I would have to do a batt pull to unlock it. I deleted the app and besides that issue I am very happy with the upgrade.
    06-23-10 08:23 AM
    can someone instruct me on how to do a swipe and reload of the os, had problems with .713, went back to .607 yeasterday
    Thanks
    06-23-10 10:04 AM
    Auto correct bug is driving me crazy. Searched the thread but must have missed if there is a fix for it, anyone got one for me to try?
    06-23-10 10:08 AM
    can someone instruct me on how to do a swipe and reload of the os, had problems with .713, went back to .607 yeasterday
    Thanks
    I've never wiped before, but found this thread. It doesn't have instructions, but it might get you going in the right directions (BBSAK, etc.).
    06-23-10 10:12 AM
597 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD