Thanks for reminding me to switch. Haven't installed new OS in forever XD. Oh, and what do you mean by update PRL?
    hit green send button...then dial *228...hit the 2 button and wait for cell tower file to update
    06-13-10 10:31 PM
    well of course we all gonna see ram increase after wiping and loading a new OS since most apps leave residue behind after uninstalled.

YES DIVX/AVI PLAYBACK WORKS SMOOTHLY.

DONT FORGET TO SET MOBILE NETWORK TO 1XEV AND UPDATE PRL
    Curious, my AVI's would play audio only, no video. And I was unable to advance the movie, it kept kicking back to the beginning. MP4, MWV, M4V all play fine.
    06-13-10 10:38 PM
    ok had an app 523 error but im updated. everything seems to be going good. touch screen does seem to be faster. thats all I know right this second
    06-13-10 10:47 PM
    the facebook app does seem to do better which is sketchy
    06-13-10 10:55 PM
    Only had 2 problems
    None of my theme/apps settings were restored. That's problem with the upgrade not the OS

AVI vids do not play for me. Others have said they do. Had the problem with 607 and have been using OOAK's 517/604 hybrid because of that issue. But I've been reformatting them because I knew sooner or later....

Think I'll just stick with this for now and replace the avi's with mp4's
    06-13-10 10:57 PM
    the facebook app does seem to do better which is sketchy
    Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with it thus far. It seems to load a bit faster. I keep hearing that 1.8 is available for select Beta Zone members, but I haven't received an invite for it yet. While it's mostly a maintenance update from what I've read, I hear it has more customization for refresh rate and such.

Meterberry doesn't seem to be working for me
    getting Uncaught exception:javalang.NullPointerException

ok, meterberry working again, delete and reinstall worked. Thank you to those who replied!
    I had this issue as well. I did a reset and then had to re-enter my license code.
    06-13-10 11:03 PM
    Curious, my AVI's would play audio only, no video. And I was unable to advance the movie, it kept kicking back to the beginning. MP4, MWV, M4V all play fine.
    Did you wipe before installing .713?

Mostly a clean install will take care of these issues.
    06-13-10 11:05 PM
    not sure how to do blue and red on here

what works
    social scope
    stitcher
    bbscanner
    ebay app
    bolt browser
    twitter for blackberry
    trillian works but now i cant connect to fb chat
    06-13-10 11:22 PM
    Does anyone know how to make it quit asking whether or not you want the blackberry to automatically select CDMA or GSM based on network availability? (other than selecting global in network options) I just find this annoying after I've answered the same question 10 times... Its not just this OS but its still annoying.
    06-13-10 11:33 PM
    Does anyone know how to make it quit asking whether or not you want the blackberry to automatically select CDMA or GSM based on network availability? (other than selecting global in network options) I just find this annoying after I've answered the same question 10 times... Its not just this OS but its still annoying.
    When it asks again next time, answer "Yes" and go into your settings and change it back to 1XEV. It won't ask again.
    06-14-10 12:01 AM
    select yes instead of no
    06-14-10 12:02 AM
    When it asks again next time, answer "Yes" and go into your settings and change it back to 1XEV. It won't ask again.
    It always asks me whenever I load an OS/hybrid, no matter the version. First thing I see after bootup is Poynt asking to change it's permissions, then Poynt graphics, then the popup for global with the yes/no, and right as that happens QuickLaunch wants to save its permissions. I have to save all that and then go to Mobile Options and set it to 1XEV, and it'll stay set until I wipe and reload again.
    Worth noting: this might not happen if I were to let apploader do the wipe, but I like a clean install.
    06-14-10 12:31 AM
    Got This error constantly all throughout my install. it finished installing, and seems to be fine, but i'm currently doing a few batt pulls before i get er tested....

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

06-14-10 12:42 AM
    Update for those having Open GL issues. Try reinstalling your games from the download links of wherever you got them. I haven't tried Bowling or NFS yet, but I reinstalled Tank Recon 3D that way and it seems to be OK now. When I tried reinstalling before it was the .cod from my app backup. I have no idea why there would be a difference, but it seems there is. Let me know if that works!
    06-14-10 12:53 AM
    Here's a couple things I've run into, and consequently I'm going to wipe and reinstall using a previous backup:
    Native browser will not load Crackberry for some reason; other pages load fine.
    Opera Mini works so-so: It was filling fields with the first thing I typed after install, and the first thing I typed after deleting cookies and history to take care of that after the 1st time. Also won't follow some links, and reloads the current page instead. Some links won't even activate.
    Ultimate Lock takes almost 15 seconds to unlock if the sound is activated (works perfectly if not), both versions and using the swipe or pressing the lock key (with UL set to unlock by lock key).
    BerryWeather insists on displaying advisories that I have unchecked. Never had a major problem with this app before, other than current location failing to load unless I'm on the road.
    Twitter app is missing and apparently not available for download from the link I was using before.

And the good stuff:
    Native browser - much quicker, when it feels like loading something.
    Nine battery pulls and I'm only at 67% with heavy usage (100% @ 7:30p)

Otherwise I haven't had anything out of the norm, but it's also a little early - these are the immediate things I've noticed. Seems to work great so far, taking into account the above issues.
    06-14-10 12:56 AM
    Update for those having Open GL issues. Try reinstalling your games from the download links of wherever you got them. I haven't tried Bowling or NFS yet, but I reinstalled Tank Recon 3D that way and it seems to be OK now. When I tried reinstalling before it was the .cod from my app backup. I have no idea why there would be a difference, but it seems there is. Let me know if that works!
    On that note, maybe I'll skip using a backup and go that route. >.<
    06-14-10 12:59 AM
    Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with it thus far. It seems to load a bit faster. I keep hearing that 1.8 is available for select Beta Zone members, but I haven't received an invite for it yet. While it's mostly a maintenance update from what I've read, I hear it has more customization for refresh rate and such.
    I had this issue as well. I did a reset and then had to re-enter my license code.
    You are the first one I've seen from T-mobile to post. I think we are some of the rare ones that aren't affected by the T-mobile/RIM/Verizon blitz. I really want to instill this OS, but am reluctant to do so in case it messes up my phone.

(I'm not leery about the upgrade process - I've had lots of experience with that with my Storm1 and Storm2 this past year )

Any other Tmo users that have upgraded and come out okay?
    06-14-10 01:03 AM
    Didn't see in the thread, but does anyone use the RSA SecurID?

Is it still broken in this release?

tia
    06-14-10 01:05 AM
    I have no OpenGL issues on PBA Bowling lite, Tank Recon 3D, or Need For Speed....
    Keyboard lag is reduced even more. Other than that, nothing much different from .607 :/

Extra RAM present here too!
    06-14-10 01:33 AM
    help. i have no clue whats going on. i can go to broswer and click any bookmark and go to that site. but if i go to the top to type in a website even if its a bookmarked one i get this mgs ( this is a wi-fi service. please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and try again) any help would be helpful. the browser works fine in wi-fi
    06-14-10 03:00 AM
    i have verizon I have been running it for about 6 hours now I have had 3 random reboots while texting other then that as mentioned already
    -typing seems smoother
    -default browser faster
    -boot faster
    -opera mini still blah on keyboard
    06-14-10 03:14 AM
    Well i notice my theme settings were no transfer over and have to set all that up again. will report more later
    That's odd, mine transferred.
    06-14-10 05:38 AM
    Well i notice my theme settings were no transfer over and have to set all that up again. will report more later
    That's odd, mine transferred.
    Matt's not the only one with an issue; mine transferred fine the 1st time around, but because of some issues afterwards I re-installed (which is why i'm still up) and on the 2nd pass most of the settings transferred. Had to move a few things around, which I thought was odd but eh well.
    06-14-10 05:43 AM
    Second install seems to have fixed most of the problems I discoverd thus far, so far so good.
    06-14-10 05:57 AM
    Did you wipe before installing .713?

Mostly a clean install will take care of these issues.
    Nope, never do a wipe before an upgrade. This issue was the same on .607, wouldn't play video for avi files, only audio. I was on OOAK's 517/604 hybrid to keep my avi's, but will just convert these to mp4.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 06-14-10 at 07:16 AM.
    06-14-10 06:47 AM
597 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD