Can anyone verify support for divx and/or xvid files?
    06-13-10 09:21 PM
    is everyone doing a clean install? or just installing over the old OS
    I never wipe and install. Always just over the old, like an upgrade. Deleted some apps and themes, rebooting now. Will update in a few.

AVI format vids don't play the video, only audio - Same as .607
    On my 3rd reboot/batt pull. Reboot time seems longer
    MP4,M4V,WMV vids play fine In the process of removing AVI's and replacing them with others.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 06-13-10 at 10:05 PM.
    06-13-10 09:32 PM
    ok well as soon as my girlfriend stops texting me i'm going to install this lol sheesh
    06-13-10 09:36 PM
    I always wipe before my install...
    06-13-10 09:37 PM
    [COLOR="Blue"]
    - BBM Group Chat Keyboard bug is gone
    are you certain about that? Everyone else says its not working. Can you confirm it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 09:40 PM
    I never wipe and install. Always just over the old, like an upgrade. Deleted some apps and themes, rebooting now. Will update in a few.
    I'm with this guy. I've never had a problem, but I can understand why some people might feel more comfortable wiping before an install. I had some posts removed so I'll post my findings.

Facebook runs way faster for me now.
    No keyboard lag, even in the really long SMS threads that tend to have keyboard lag.
    06-13-10 09:42 PM
    Well i notice my theme settings were no transfer over and have to set all that up again. will report more later
    Not cool. Only issue I had was RIM's Twitter app is now incompatible with my S2, and I can't even re-download it - the browser gives me page load failure. After two hours of hunting down .alx files, device wipe, and OS reload, this is resolved.
    i got it to work now. two things i want to say 1. being that it took a long time to boot at the end and 2. the multi click which was annoying to everyone is no more. it works like a charm for now. i will post more on it when i play with her a little lol
    mine is stuck almost to end of booting? anyone else with that problem or is it just me?? it runs quite fast at the beginning then sticks
    First and second bootups did this too; I went out and mowed the lawn, had dinner, came back and it was done so I have no idea how long it took.
    On the plus side, subsequent reboots take 4 minutes.

Disregard the discharge rate here, it was fully charged when it was done installing and it's done 5 reboots after settings applied and whatnot.
    Last edited by genomos; 06-15-10 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Updated findings.
    06-13-10 09:43 PM
    OpenGL issue is present. It lags longer than 5 seconds when playing games like PBA Bowling.

Word completion re-enables itself when you go to the phone screen and then back out under portrait mode.

Text selection has been VERY much improved.
    No issues with OpenGL with PBA Bowling here, course I never have any of the problems people have here, must have really good luck with my Berries
    06-13-10 09:50 PM
    anyone notice if the bluetooth is better with the OS?
    06-13-10 09:51 PM
    Further testing

My GPS works fine, Google Maps, BerryWeather, etc.

Someone else posted about 10MB memory gain, and I can confirm that as well.
    BBM works beautifully for me now. I hated chatting before. It's so much better now.

More as I get it out in the field tomorrow and test it away from everything (I work in the desert and that will give me signal and battery info.)
    06-13-10 09:58 PM
    anyone notice if the bluetooth is better with the OS?
    I was on OOAK's 517/604 hybrid using Rocketfish stereo headphones, they worked fine then, they work fine now. Never used them on 607 (or anything else with that POS release)
    06-13-10 09:59 PM
    are you certain about that? Everyone else says its not working. Can you confirm it again.

I have 3 different BBM groups. All 3 group chats the keyboard pops up fine even when I swipe down closed it and come back to it.

I was having an issue on 607 where I had to use the workaround to get the keyboard back up.

Working great now though. I did a complete wipe of the phone before upgrading and then used the not keep any app data while upgrading option. So I had to reinstall all my apps and redo all my settings.

Wanted to make sure no bugs would follow me..

And so far it hasnt
    06-13-10 10:00 PM
    Um yeah, if Open GL games are important to you, steer clear of this one. I keep trying, but it's like the Penzoil commercial..."Stop, go, Penzoil!". LOL (or maybe not). I can deal with it for awhile and find other things to do, but some of you might have a fit.

Oh yeah, I wiped first.

Last edited by ChuckH0308; 06-13-10 at 10:06 PM.
    06-13-10 10:04 PM
    Meterberry doesn't seem to be working for me
    getting Uncaught exception:javalang.NullPointerException

ok, meterberry working again, delete and reinstall worked. Thank you to those who replied!
    Last edited by rholford; 06-13-10 at 10:52 PM. Reason: problem solved
    06-13-10 10:08 PM
    It is very common for meteryberry not to work after updating OS. Just uninstall and reinstall.
    06-13-10 10:10 PM
    Meterberry working fine. You may want to delete and reinstall MB.

06-13-10 10:10 PM
    are you using reset mode no.3, for the meterberry?

06-13-10 10:11 PM
    No one has PBA bowling Tank reon or Need for Speed? C'mon load one up and give us some feed back.
    Need for Speed and Tank Recon work just fine..
    06-13-10 10:14 PM
    well of course we all gonna see ram increase after wiping and loading a new OS since most apps leave residue behind after uninstalled.

YES DIVX/AVI PLAYBACK WORKS SMOOTHLY.

DONT FORGET TO SET MOBILE NETWORK TO 1XEV AND UPDATE PRL
    06-13-10 10:16 PM
    You don't have to uninstall........just reboot. Happens everytime I load a new hybrid

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-13-10 10:17 PM
    well of course we all gonna see ram increase after wiping and loading a new OS since most apps leave residue behind after uninstalled.

YES DIVX/AVI PLAYBACK WORKS SMOOTHLY.

DONT FORGET TO SET MOBILE NETWORK TO 1XEV AND UPDATE PRL
    Thanks for reminding me to switch. Haven't installed new OS in forever XD. Oh, and what do you mean by update PRL?
    06-13-10 10:21 PM
    ok so i had an app error 523 anyone know what that is
    06-13-10 10:25 PM
    Um yeah, if Open GL games are important to you, steer clear of this one. I keep trying, but it's like the Penzoil commercial..."Stop, go, Penzoil!". LOL (or maybe not). I can deal with it for awhile and find other things to do, but some of you might have a fit.

Oh yeah, I wiped first.

Played Wolverine, Wolfenstein, Star Trek, MiniGolf 99, river runner, WSOP Holdem, Aces Texas Holdem, Sonic the HedgeHog I think these are all Open GL games. They seemed fine to me, some even seemed to play better than before.
    BB Maps, Google MAPS, Trapster, Poynt, everything that uses GPS is working beautifully
    Last edited by dkingsf; 06-13-10 at 10:40 PM.
    06-13-10 10:27 PM
    thanks for reminding me to switch. Haven't installed new os in forever xd. Oh, and what do you mean by update prl?
    dial *228 and choose option #2
    06-13-10 10:30 PM
    Thanks for reminding me to switch. Haven't installed new OS in forever XD. Oh, and what do you mean by update PRL?
    Dial *228 option 2 to update your PRL.

06-13-10 10:30 PM
597 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD