Ever since i installed .451 i cant click any links when i do a bing search, it says requesting on the bottom for a couple mins then it times out. everything else is fine.

i still get the menu everytime i click the text bar in sms

bottom buttons are still pretty unresponsive (luckily i got my otterbox defender right after i installed the firmware and that fixed it w00t)

typing in sms in landscape is still extremely! laggy sometimes

No pros that i can think of. just seems exactly the same compared to .428 to me.
    03-06-10 07:31 PM
    Does anyone have a active link where I can download 451 I just got my replacement storm today, and I had 451 on my old Storm2.
    03-10-10 06:06 PM
    Does anyone have a active link where I can download 451 I just got my replacement storm today, and I had 451 on my old Storm2.
    please tell me you are joking...
    03-10-10 06:09 PM
    no why? Im serious
    03-10-10 06:12 PM
    Did you remove .451 after you installed it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 06:13 PM
    I had a storm2 before, I dropped it and the phone broke, it wont even turn on. So I went to Verizon and they ordered me a new replacement phone, which I got today.

***********Disregard I found an active link, thanks all***************
    03-10-10 06:15 PM
    I had a storm2 before, I dropped it and the phone broke, it wont even turn on. So I went to Verizon and they ordered me a new replacement phone, which I got today.
    That's all well and good; did you remove the OS from your computer after you installed it on your old phone. If no then plug your new phone in and carry on lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 06:18 PM
    Mark_Venture View Post
    Anyone having problems with recognition when voice dialing via BT?

i.e. I press headset button, get the "say a command"... speak "Call John Smith Mobile" and it asks "did you say..." and presents me with choices that are not even close to John Smith Mobile....

If I manually dial or pick from contacts to call, the call quality via bluetooth is fine, and the headset works fine with my 8900...
    Since no one answered, I'll answer myself...

Flashing back to .428, I have no BT Voice dialing problems. The phone recognizes what I say every time.

I will say that I didn't try voice dialing without the BT headset, so I don't know if it was only BT related, or something with the voice dial app.
    Just a follow up as I got a replacement device due to bad screen.

Because of the above Voice Dial issue, I decided to load .428 instead. I had the same issue. Voice dialing via Bluetooth OR the phone's built in mic, wasn't even close to being accurate.

I wiped and ResetToFactory using JL, uninstalled the .428 from my PC, then loaded up .451. No Problem. Voice Dialing works.

One thing I can think of... when loading before, I had used Shrink-A-OS to remove some things (like the older BBM, the games, help, VZW apps, etc). This time, I did NOT. So I wonder if something I selected to remove had an impact??
    03-12-10 07:19 AM
    My phone has randomly reset like 3 times now since upgrading to .451. Anyone else having this issue?
    YES I am having this issue, sometimes more than once an HOUR.
    Storm 9500, OS5.0.0.451, Carrier Vodafone. Was on OS4.7 prior to a phone crash, then re-installed via Desktop Manager - 5.0.0.451 was automatically downloaded and installed.
    4.7 didn't do this in my case, but there were so many irritating things that appeared "fixed" in 5. Then the random reset business started.
    Colleagues with Curves and Bolds and my wife with her 8310 don't experience this at all.
    I dont believe this is a hardware issue...
    Last edited by [email protected]; 04-21-10 at 12:43 AM.
    04-20-10 12:34 PM
484 ... 181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD