is anyone else having problems with BBM? I used to get notification that a message was received very quickly. Now i'm getting a response back from the person before it states the person even received the message. i am running the most recent version of BBM. its very strange. It could be BBM instead of this build. Anyone know?
    02-22-10 01:31 PM
    i usually wipe my S2 and do not restore. I sync with Outlook and re-install my apps from scratch. It's more work, but i feel its a cleaner install. my battery life is good 2.2% / hour.
    02-22-10 01:33 PM
    i usually wipe my S2 and do not restore. I sync with Outlook and re-install my apps from scratch. It's more work, but i feel its a cleaner install. my battery life is good 2.2% / hour.
    those are the keys right there if you are having ANY issues
    02-22-10 01:40 PM
    BBM issues are normal for me now, we need a new release or and older version.
    02-22-10 02:07 PM
    those are the keys right there if you are having ANY issues
    +1 on that, definitely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 03:07 PM
    I've been running this since the day it dropped, but thought I'd wait a few days before posting any findings to see how it ran with my apps. I don't think the browser is any faster, nor do I think that any update we get will improve its speed until a the new webkit (whatever that means) browser is released. That's why I use and love the Opera 5.2 browser. It takes a few days to get used to it (as all new things do), but afterwards, it works great...at least for me. All my apps work fine, but I find no noticeable difference between .451 and my previous .428. That's pretty much what the bulk of this findings thread reveals. I see no sound reason for anyone applying this update outside of my own reason...to stay updated on the latest OS. Having said that, there may be some special bugs that this OS corrects that are not a part of the things I do with my phone. In regards to battery life, my phone runs the same amount of time that it always has, dating back to my S1 in Nov 2008. I unplug at 7AM and when I plug it back up around 11 PM I have somewhere between 40% and 60% battery power left. It doesn't matter how many calls I make or how much browsing I do, my phone is always in this range. I would suspect that those having battery issues are, as always, related to the specific user and the specific apps they have installed. The only thing special I do in regards to battery power is keep my network settings on 1XEV. I always leave GPS and WiFi on, keep my screen at 70% brightness, email and web browse throughout the day, and listen to audio books for 4 to 8 hours each day on my headset.

I have no complaints/issues regarding this OS, but if I wasn't interested in staying up to date, I see no reason to upgrade from .428.
    02-22-10 03:44 PM
    Never used outlook. But my battery life is really bad so I guess I'll just go back to .320. How often are official releases? I love the pop up keys and I'm gonna miss em
    02-22-10 03:50 PM
    I upgrades to .451, my first OS upgrade. I did not do a wipe. I simply followed the directions on the first page (to the tee) and have no problem at all. Battery life is great, typing much better, no contacts messup. Maybe I am lucky, but I did not have any problem. Hope it continues. DM backed me up, including 3rd party apps, then reloaded them at the end of the install. Love it, thanks
    02-22-10 03:58 PM
    My battery life has stablized again. I'm back to 2% per hour with a little usage and 5% with moderate usage. I'm happy with that. I took it off the charger today at 7AM and with a little usage, e-mails and texts, a little internet browsing, I'm at 80% at 3:30 PM. I am happy with that.
    02-22-10 04:31 PM
    Sadly i had to go back to .320 after a week on this OS only because the already terrible signal at home got worse with the new radio. It sucks too because i absolutely loved the rest of the changes. Hopefully something better is on the horizon
    02-22-10 04:46 PM
    Never used outlook. But my battery life is really bad so I guess I'll just go back to .320. How often are official releases? I love the pop up keys and I'm gonna miss em
    Why don't you try .428? You'll get the pop up keys and I've had zero problems with it. I don't even see the need to go to .451

02-22-10 05:40 PM
    Sorry if this has already been said, but is QuickLaunch working ok with this build?
    02-22-10 06:15 PM
    Sorry if this has already been said, but is QuickLaunch working ok with this build?
    works fine
    02-22-10 06:19 PM
    Sadly i had to go back to .320 after a week on this OS only because the already terrible signal at home got worse with the new radio. It sucks too because i absolutely loved the rest of the changes. Hopefully something better is on the horizon
    If I remember correctly, Verizon had 2 official releases for the S1 in a 12 month period. Just go with the leak. .428 was a solid OS and might give you better reception. Right now, if it doesn't have Droid in the name, Verizon is paying much attention to it.
    02-22-10 06:30 PM
    Why don't you try .428? You'll get the pop up keys and I've had zero problems with it. I don't even see the need to go to .451

Got any links that aren't dead??
    02-22-10 06:52 PM
    Has anyone else had their GPS work better? With .320 Google Maps would find me within 10 meters now it is down to 6. Just observations.
    02-22-10 07:02 PM
    Has anyone else had their GPS work better? With .320 Google Maps would find me within 10 meters now it is down to 6. Just observations.
    Haven't tried google maps until this leak, and haven't used it since it was a fail on my 8130. I notice it's incredibly accurate, mine says within 4 meters but looks like it's within 4 feet lol

02-22-10 07:12 PM
    Got any links that aren't dead??
    I can't vouch for it but found this thread doing a search:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wa...g-link-419931/
    02-22-10 08:01 PM
    My phone has randomly reset like 3 times now since upgrading to .451. Anyone else having this issue?

02-22-10 09:32 PM
    I can't vouch for it but found this thread doing a search:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wa...g-link-419931/
    Thanks! the link actually worked. cant wait to try it out
    02-22-10 11:49 PM
    I did discover one thing I don't like... When I have the phone on the charger at work and I enable patternlock, I can't hit the default lock to dim the screen.

02-23-10 01:41 AM
    I just got my Verizon Storm2 unlocked. I am now in the Philippines and seems to be encountering some difficulty using it for phone calls. I find myself having to switch from 3g to 2g or vice versa otherwise the calls will last for only a good 20 seconds and it will get disconnected. has anyone encountered this? Can somebody help me out here?

Cheers.
    02-23-10 01:44 AM
    They need to put a better processor in these phones. Even with the added ram in the Storm 2 its still slow as ****. I get hour glasses constantly for loading simple stuff like web pages. Also there doesn't seem to be any web page cache. If I hit the back button it has to reload the page from scratch as if its never seen it before. The browser on the storm is pretty horrific but I think everyone knows that already. I've tried the opera ones but they don't seem
    I'd like to see a bigger screen, completely new browser, and faster processor in a future Storm. Even as I write this I get lag from the processor trying to catch up. it seems like they wasted almost a half inch of the top of the phone with shiny black plastic. This could have been screen.
    02-23-10 03:47 AM
    I just got my Verizon Storm2 unlocked. I am now in the Philippines and seems to be encountering some difficulty using it for phone calls. I find myself having to switch from 3g to 2g or vice versa otherwise the calls will last for only a good 20 seconds and it will get disconnected. has anyone encountered this? Can somebody help me out here?

Cheers.
    What OS are you using?
    02-23-10 05:38 AM
    The volume and call quality this build were very poor for me. It seemed as if the volume was cut in half of what it had been. I also had a number of people tell me I was so scratchy they couldn't understand me.
    02-23-10 05:55 AM
484 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD