For me, the battery life is SIGNIFICANTLY improved. With meterberry as the guage, I used to drain an average of about 6%/hr. So far today, nine hours after pulling it off of the charger, I still have 84% battery and usage of 1.6%/hr. That is with a few phone calls, BeJive, AP News, Wifi, Gmail, Google Maps, and WeatherBug Elite all running.

If this keeps up, I will be a happy guy!
    As a follow up to this post... where the battery drain for most activities is greatly improved, making a phone call itself seems to drain the battery at an extraordinary rate. I don't have quantifiable numbers to go with this, but it was very noticeable as compared to .428.
    02-19-10 02:18 PM
    this release seems to be killing my battery....badly.
    As a follow up to this post... where the battery drain for most activities is greatly improved, making a phone call itself seems to drain the battery at an extraordinary rate. I don't have quantifiable numbers to go with this, but it was very noticeable as compared to .428.
    I'm not seeing this at all. Unplugged at 0700 and I'm at 80% 14 hours later with use of the phone, email and media player. I think it's related to some app that isn't playing well on this OS, as some people are having issues and others are not.
    02-19-10 02:22 PM
    I'm not seeing this at all. Unplugged at 0700 and I'm at 80% 14 hours later with use of the phone, email and media player. I think it's related to some app that isn't playing well on this OS, as some people are having issues and others are not.
    Just reporting what I am seeing. In my case, the apps that are running are not changing throughout the day. Same apps running. Wifi on the whole time. ETC.

The only difference that will take me from a really slow battery drain (a good thing) to a very fast battery drain is making a phone call... either using BT or not using BT. YMMV.
    02-19-10 02:32 PM
    I've noticed that going from portrait to landscape and vise versa is much more faster and responsive.

Anyone else notice this?
    02-19-10 02:48 PM
    Also, What is the "EM" at the top right of the screen when keyboard is displayed?
    02-19-10 03:14 PM
    I just started having problems with bluetooth and answering phone calls. Instead of answering a call it hangs up and then freezes for about 15 seconds and I have to call someone back. Really annoying. Back to .320 for me.
    02-19-10 03:31 PM
    I noticed the severe battery drain while on a call also. It seems as though I am losing 1% of my battery per minute of phone usage. Everything about this OS is awesome besides that. I really hope it becomes more stable.
    02-19-10 04:09 PM
    Joepilot and trucksmoveamerica, this is so weird, my S2 started to experience the same thing (first day the red button stopped working/froze, and then it just started to multi-click on press/hold) less than 24 hours after I installed Seanren78's V6 (hybrid), but even downgrading to the stock .320 and giving it a day didn't help, so I figured it was a hardware issue (nothing helped) so I contacted Verizon and got a replacement warranty unit (shipped overnight).
    It was barely usable (the entire area around the red button was multi-clicking like crazy).
    On the replacement I installed .451 and it is 2 ways already and no problems with the red button. I still think it was a hardware issue (induced by bad code?), but now that I see you two reported the same (but strangely with .451 and not Seanren78 V6) I'm starting to wonder...

Well, I hope my shiny new replacement phone won't experience it again. Tired of replacing all my registration codes every time :-(

Weird..............

I downloaded .451 several days ago and it's been fantastic. However, out of the blue I just started having trouble with the lower right red end call button. It's doing two things, one is intermittent and the other is now constant. It's intermittently freezing and cannot be pressed down while on a call, and it's now constantly doing the multiple clicking thing when pressed or held down. So strange that it's just now happening.

It's not that big of deal though and all the pros highly outweigh these two cons.

One more positive that I've noticed that I haven't seen anyone else mention is, when the backspace key is held down the curser moves much quicker thus text is deleted MUCH faster.

Have a great day everyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 09:03 PM
    EDIT: After the 4th Battery Pull Lockscreen lag is gone!
    When is the right time to do a battery pull? As soon as the OS fully loads or what? Wanna get this right.
    02-19-10 09:43 PM
    When is the right time to do a battery pull? As soon as the OS fully loads or what? Wanna get this right.
    I wait until it hits homescreen and I've gone through all the alerts, then pull. Hasn't given me any problems yet.

02-19-10 09:58 PM
    i do a restart after entering all the apps codes and such and rearranged my icons. Thats it basically. There is no really reason to do any of it really unless needed and running slow
    02-19-10 10:01 PM
    I noticed that when I upgraded all my Contacts were all messed up. There would be blocks of people with all the same name, but different numbers (numbers from previous contacts). Their names were basically overwritten with other name making rendering them useless.

Anyways, other than that, everything seems to be smooth.

I now know what everyone else meant about the screen being "easier" to click... feels really nice! This update also made my bottom buttons more responsive all the time too!
    02-19-10 10:16 PM
    Joepilot and trucksmoveamerica, this is so weird, my S2 started to experience the same thing (first day the red button stopped working/froze, and then it just started to multi-click on press/hold) less than 24 hours after I installed Seanren78's V6 (hybrid)...
    I was having the same issue with seanren's v6 so I just installed this one. Hopefully this resolves the End button issue because that was whack. So far so good though.

Update: My End key is still sticking since using the seanren v6 even though I upgraded to this one. I really need a resolve for this because this is crazy.
    Last edited by triniti; 02-20-10 at 03:03 AM.
    02-20-10 01:20 AM
    I always wonder why so many people complain about battery drains and leaked OS's being bad etc. Every OS and HYbrid I loaded has caused me no trouble... I think its user error
    02-20-10 03:34 AM
    Joepilot and trucksmoveamerica, this is so weird, my S2 started to experience the same thing (first day the red button stopped working/froze, and then it just started to multi-click on press/hold) less than 24 hours after I installed Seanren78's V6 (hybrid), but even downgrading to the stock .320 and giving it a day didn't help, so I figured it was a hardware issue (nothing helped) so I contacted Verizon and got a replacement warranty unit (shipped overnight).
    It was barely usable (the entire area around the red button was multi-clicking like crazy).
    I had the exact same problem with the end key, however I was still running on .428.

I too assumed Hardware problem, since a Javaloader Wipe and RestToFactory didn't cure it.

Replacement got here and I loaded it up with .428 and all my apps just before people posted about .451 leak was coming. I haven't taken the time to upgrade it to .451 yet. Maybe I'll get time this afternoon...
    02-20-10 06:39 AM
    Things were working fine at first but for whatever reason I can't get SMS or MMS messages now. I receive everything else tho. Went about uninstalling all prev OS's and reloading with Apploader. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.
    02-20-10 07:35 AM
    I just installed .451 but I have no email. There are no email inboxes and no email icons. I dont have an option for email setup in the setup folder and when I go through the setup wizard it asks me to setup a BES account, but I am BIS. Sent service books from PC browser but got nothing on my phone. Can someone help???
    02-20-10 09:44 AM
    I just installed .451 but I have no email. There are no email inboxes and no email icons. I dont have an option for email setup in the setup folder and when I go through the setup wizard it asks me to setup a BES account, but I am BIS. Sent service books from PC browser but got nothing on my phone. Can someone help???
    If your phone is plugged in, unplug it.

Remove the battery for a few seconds, re-insert it.

After boot up, wait about 20-30 seconds. If the icons don't come down, then go Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table... you'll see a list of things, highlight any one of them, hit the menu button, and select register now.
    02-20-10 09:57 AM
    Ive had .451 in for a little over 24 hours now. I ran .320 for like a week (since I have had the Device) I though my 8530 was bad on the battery life but woah. Not a huge deal but I do need a spare battery or find one of the many micro cords I have about...

Ok I have noticed that pictures are more responsive, they took forever in 320 but I thought thats just the way things were, that was the whole reason I tried 451.

Other than pictures I have noticed no difference at all I browse a lot and it really doesn't seem snappier, I wish it were.

I was also hoping a theme I have that gets laggy would be improved but alas it is still laggy.
    02-20-10 10:46 AM
    If your phone is plugged in, unplug it.

Remove the battery for a few seconds, re-insert it.

After boot up, wait about 20-30 seconds. If the icons don't come down, then go Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table... you'll see a list of things, highlight any one of them, hit the menu button, and select register now.
    Hey Mark. Thanks for the reply. I did what you said then did a battery pull and I still have no icons. I got the Your Blackberry has been registered message (in my messages app) but I have no email icons. I checked to see if they were hidden but that didn't work either. I still have no email setup icon in my setup folder either. This is the 2nd install of .451 I've done. The first install did the same thing, so I did a full wipe and reinstalled but that didn't help. Any other ideas?
    02-20-10 10:53 AM
    I'm having 2 issues with this OS first sometimes my ringtones don't play and it just vibrates I have to call my voicemail to get this to stop. 2nd I can't change the screen brightness it doesn't let me unless I do a battery pull
    02-20-10 11:14 AM
    Went from 428 and have noticed my memory drops up to 2m where in 428 it never dropped .ore than .4. Not a deal breaker by any means, but odd.

02-20-10 05:10 PM
    I have had this build since it dropped. It has been good until tonight. I noticed a huge battery loss today I usually get an entire day and have 50 percent at the end of the day. Today at 6 I was sitting on 10 percent. It was my first mid day charge. I charged it to fill and at seven was at 100 percent. It's 8 and I'm down to 80 percent with almost no usage. Weird. Anyone noticing a sudden battery loss?

02-20-10 08:45 PM
    I was sitting at 91%, made a 5 minute phone call and now I am at 76%. I might have to go back to .320. I will give it through the weekend to see if it improves.

02-20-10 09:19 PM
    I downloaded this and put it on my s2 completely for the purpose of attempting to fix my bad bottom keys (end/send key) and the multiple clicks or no click at all (sticking).

At first, right after upgrading to it, I had a ton of multiple clicks still, especially on that red end call button. I put it on to charge and just left it alone. Upon using it again this morning, I noticed that the buttons were much much improved....and as of right now, I just clicked my end call button several times in a row and it works great, I only thought it potentially funny-clicked once.

We will see how long it lasts - I hope it solved my bad bottom button problem completely!
    02-20-10 09:33 PM
484 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD