Come on man, read some posts in this tread and make your decision.
    I know right...
    02-18-10 02:45 AM
    I just want better battery life and the damn decimal point when I have my phone in landscape mode using numbers. Other than that, I don't think I'll be installing this leak.
    02-18-10 06:16 AM
    I installed the .451 software and opened BB Manager then connected my phone and no new updates were found. I have used this process before without issue. I have also tried to manually go to application loader with the same result. I have also restarted my PC. I am using DM 5.01 Any ideas??
    02-18-10 07:43 AM
    Over all would everyone running this say it gives better call quality than .320 and .428?
    02-18-10 08:09 AM
    Over all would everyone running this say it gives better call quality than .320 and .428?
    too soon to tell but I did notice that it holds a better signal and stays on 3G longer than on 428....mind you this is just within the past 24 hours....
    02-18-10 08:39 AM
    I installed the .451 software and opened BB Manager then connected my phone and no new updates were found. I have used this process before without issue. I have also tried to manually go to application loader with the same result. I have also restarted my PC. I am using DM 5.01 Any ideas??
    You need to read the first post in this thread and follow the links to the one which tells you how to load the OS...have you deleted the vendor.xml file? Also, dont use BB Manager....go into Users>Common Files>Research in Motion> Apploader and then click on the loader.exe file after connecting your BB...make sure that BB DM is not running....
    02-18-10 08:41 AM
    On top of the things I have mentioned before:

I also have noticed the screen still dims when I have it disabled.

And when typing and receiving a message at the same time the sound will continually be the default ring. Not current ring. Problem since .320

My goodness they are both annoying. And should have been fixed by now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Roose00; 02-18-10 at 10:33 AM.
    02-18-10 10:07 AM
    anyone notice when charging, it will show the lightning bolt as if it was charging and my clock will come up! but a few mins later after screen dims to black it will light up as if it was plugged in again! The clock will show up again, and battery still not full, the past 2 nights its been doing this since loading .451 maybe a wipe and reload?
    02-18-10 11:12 AM
    Come on man, read some posts in this tread and make your decision.
    There are 18 pages of replies. I've read through and no one has given a definitive answer on anything. Everyone is saying "I think". I just want to know things that were actually changed not maybe the browser is faster..
    02-18-10 01:45 PM
    There are 18 pages of replies. I've read through and no one has given a definitive answer on anything. Everyone is saying "I think". I just want to know things that were actually changed not maybe the browser is faster..
    After everything else, it's a personal thing. Why not go for it and see how it works for you? If it works better, marvelous. Post your pros and cons and enjoy. If not and you have major problems compared to what you're running now, downgrade and again post pros and cons. Either way you're running an unofficial release so what's the harm in trying this one out?

02-18-10 02:01 PM
    I had the same problem. What you will have to do is uninstall DM 5.01 and install 5.0. For some reason the .451 software doesn't work with DM 5.01. Hope this helps.
    02-18-10 02:27 PM
    Someone said camera speed was faster and I'm sold. I hate how long it takes for a picture to snap. You lose the moment and people move so it gets blurry. Little off topic..
    02-18-10 02:45 PM
    can someone please comment on the following:

city ID
    VZ Nav
    VVVM

TIA!
    I have those apps and they work fine. Nav is on version 5 and works great.

02-18-10 02:54 PM
    Hey all. I know this is not on topic so I apoligize early.

I cannot get this update to load on my phone. I've had this problem with the new computer I have that it willl not load any updates. I have to keep falling back on my old PC with XP on it. The new laptop has Windows7. I have tried updates for 3 different phones with this new laptop with no success.

If anyone can give me a clue on what to do different would be great. I have removed the vender file, turned off internet, and tried both with the Loader file and with DM. Tried updates on a 8330, 8900 and my 9550.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Roo4x4; 02-18-10 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Forgot notification LOL
    02-18-10 03:44 PM
    Hey all. I know this is not on topic so I apoligize early.

I cannot get this update to load on my phone. I've had this problem with the new computer I have that it willl not load any updates. I have to keep falling back on my old PC with XP on it. The new laptop has Windows7. I have tried updates for 3 different phones with this new laptop with no success.

If anyone can give me a clue on what to do different would be great. I have removed the vender file, turned off internet, and tried both with the Loader file and with DM. Tried updates on a 8330, 8900 and my 9550.

Thanks in advance
    have you tried this yet

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/wind...dinian-195757/
    02-18-10 03:54 PM
    i found an ugly glitch . it might just be the theme that i am using .
    i am using appleberry 2.0 & for some reason when i exit a folder/app & go back to the landscape app screen it is black w| a wallpaper on the center only . anyone else experiencing this ?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

428 did this also. Custom theme I made for my storm2. When exiting the app/folder sometimes it would minimize or cut off the background to be like 100 x 60 pixels instead of the full screen. Not new to this OS though...Still exists, and disappointing too because the only way to get it back on my phone was a battery pull...
    02-18-10 04:02 PM
    Originally Posted by arcanexvi :
    XVID decoding still broken. Fun new error message though. "The video portion of the media being played uses an unsupported format."

someone else back this up and i will add it to the list
    I got the message too! But the device is working fine.. just click the message and move on..

Anyone else notice when typing in lanscape mode that the caps buttons at the bottom are 2x big? Or maybe its just me...

Im liking so far
    02-18-10 04:28 PM
    JUST NOTICED!!

You know that bug that didnt allow the icon on WeatherBug to update on the homescreen? I think its fixed!! I'll check back to say if its done it again..
    02-18-10 04:34 PM
    so I read through about half the pages and didn't see this mentioned. Since I updated to .451 I have noticed that when using opera mini as the screen starts to dim if i tap it anywhere to keep it on it will send the browser back to the previously loaded page. I tried reloading the browser and a battery pull but it still does it. Only after doing this did I realize the phone also does it on menu screen except it is not only when the screen is dimming. Its really annoying clicking on a menu and instead of taking me where I want to go it goes to the previous page. (Ie going to options, security options, click to go to firewall and it takes me back to the main options screen) Anyone else having a similar problem?
    02-18-10 04:43 PM
    anyone having any problems with quick launch on .451? After I add a new app to the list I have to do a battery pull to get quick launch to work.
    02-18-10 04:44 PM
    JUST NOTICED!!

You know that bug that didnt allow the icon on WeatherBug to update on the homescreen? I think its fixed!! I'll check back to say if its done it again..
    yes this was fixed in the leak after .320, wasnt it .428? i dont remember haha
    02-18-10 06:03 PM
    I had the same problem. What you will have to do is uninstall DM 5.01 and install 5.0. For some reason the .451 software doesn't work with DM 5.01. Hope this helps.
    Are you kidding me? Can anyone else verify that .451 does not work with DM 5.01? I'm not talking about using DM for the upgrade (if you don't use loader.exe for upgrades...your ********). What about for syncing with Outlook and doing backups? I have no interest in moving backwards in DM.
    02-18-10 06:18 PM
    Are you kidding me? Can anyone else verify that .451 does not work with DM 5.01? I'm not talking about using DM for the upgrade (if you don't use loader.exe for upgrades...your ********). What about for syncing with Outlook and doing backups? I have no interest in moving backwards in DM.
    user error, i just did a sync and backup with DM and outlook
    02-18-10 07:12 PM
    Been running 4.51 since it leaked and just now got the dreaded "invalid ringtone, please make another selection" error. I noticed that i was not getting any audio alerts for my messages so I went into the profile settings to check and that is when I got this message. I never ever got this message on any Blackberry ever before and there doesn't seem to be a fix, save for a battery pull which isn't 100%. Hopefully not something that will be recurring, but figured I would post it.
    02-18-10 07:49 PM
    Been running 4.51 since it leaked and just now got the dreaded "invalid ringtone, please make another selection" error. I noticed that i was not getting any audio alerts for my messages so I went into the profile settings to check and that is when I got this message. I never ever got this message on any Blackberry ever before and there doesn't seem to be a fix, save for a battery pull which isn't 100%. Hopefully not something that will be recurring, but figured I would post it.
    I got that once as well, but it was when I had .320 on and had just gotten the phone - a wipe and reinstall of .320 took care of it. Haven't heard from it again even after .428 and the ensuing hyrids that followed that leak.

02-18-10 07:56 PM
484 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD