Copy and paste feature in my opinion has been improved 99% over the last leak .428 on my device. Much easier to use it doesn't jump around really at all for me.
    02-17-10 02:37 AM
    always done this since the very first OS on the storm 1 and i assume other BBs too

edit: it might be doing this a different way. I will have to wait to see a pic to see
    is there a setting that makes it do this? i have looked through all the options i can think of and cannot find a way to make mine group them.
    02-17-10 04:50 AM
    its not the same feature. he was actually talking about the gmail plugin. not an OS feature
    02-17-10 04:53 AM
    Pardon my ignorance is this an official release or a leak. Also if i install this would this affect my phones lock in any manner.

Thankins in anticipation.
    02-17-10 04:58 AM
    leak and no its still unlocked
    02-17-10 05:01 AM
    Ok, just installed .451 from .320
    Confirmed a few things that's been mentioned before:
    - app memory increased by about 8 - 10 mb
    - faster switching between apps (maybe just my imagination :P)
    - bottom 4 buttons are now A LOT easier to press...even on hard surface...which i sometimes couldnt even do before
    - cut and paste a lot more stable...not as sensitive.
    - 3G connection still crap but that's just my area :P
    - browser (using wifi) seem pretty good. no hang ups opening CB full site...altho site looks better in landscape mode.

not sure about battery, i'm going to leave wifi and gps on overnight...see how it goes.
    02-17-10 05:08 AM
    anybody having issues with phone rebooting itself at random times after upgrade??
    has happened to me 4 times already.....
    Happened to me on several occasions, also having issues when I pull from the holster the screen will not respond for several seconds. Really irritating.
    02-17-10 08:15 AM
    Better battery life, thank god. I'd say maybe 20% better, but its a little too early to say for sure.
    Overall more responsive OS. For example, I can flip through photos more quickly.
    No problems clicking the bottom buttons.
    Better overall screeen clicking. 428 was a little too mushy for me.
    I got about 15MB more memory at boot up.
    Camera works more quickly and gives better results.

Nothing yet (fingers crossed)
    02-17-10 08:40 AM
    Since upgrading I cannot open comments sent to me on Facebook. Is anyone having this issue? I'm going delete and reinstall in the meantime (v1.7.0.22). Everything else works! Even after connecting to BES.
    02-17-10 11:12 AM
    Since upgrading I cannot open comments sent to me on Facebook. Is anyone having this issue? I'm going delete and reinstall in the meantime (v1.7.0.22). Everything else works! Even after connecting to BES.
    Facebook comments working fine for me.
    02-17-10 11:22 AM
    Copy and paste feature in my opinion has been improved 99% over the last leak .428 on my device. Much easier to use it doesn't jump around really at all for me.
    I agree, I feel like the copy paste is easier to use and more steady on .451 than .428

I did, however, go straight to the .451/.497 hybrid from OOAK, so I dunno if it's the hybrid or the base .451
    02-17-10 11:32 AM
    It seems a better leak but still...
    I get double clicks when I amd typing certain times and it is really anoying sing it closes the application... I am a fast writer... I am trying to balance some factors like Normal-fast speed keys to see what happens...
    Everytime I reboot my phone I get the following error:
    "Uncaught exception:Application net_rim_bb_phone_app(65) is not responding; process terminated"
    I accept ... I really dont know which process is this one.. the phone seems to work ok.... Anybody knows what could be happening and how to prevent it? It appeard on .428 and it is still on .451 in my case...
    The only way for callers to be identified is if I have the number registered without the +(country code)... On the other hand sms messages are not identified since all phones generate the +(country code) when they send their messages....so that is another issue for me
    An issue solved in .451 id the speed dial problem.. It seems it�s working ok so far...
    02-17-10 11:35 AM
    I downloaded 451 but DM won't load it. says No updates available even after I select it for install. any Ideas. I just switched from Vista to Win7 if that has anything to do with it.
    02-17-10 11:56 AM
    Well, I haven't had this leak installed for very long but so far I'm not impressed...

SMS typing lag is occuring more often than it did with .428 and often times occurs right after a battery pull o_O
    The typing lag only seems to happen while typing an SMS and not a BBM...if this is even possible o_O

The transition time between different apps and menus does seem to go alot smoother but it was never really that bad to begin with.

After i wiped my screen off with a microfiber cloth last night (no cleaner or anything just a cloth to wipe off the fingerprints) my bottom 4 buttons became unclickable for about 30 seconds. First time this ever happened to me....

I am using the Sedio extended 1600 mAh battery and I really haven't noticed much of a difference in change. I will continue to monitor these and other points that others have posted about.
    02-17-10 12:22 PM
    Small workaround for my SMS menu issue.... Don't know if this will work for others but it might be worth a shot. It seems to work for me but it might be in my head.

If you "press" the reply line for a second before you "click" it seems to work.

Let me know if this doesn't make any sense.
    02-17-10 12:26 PM
    Small workaround for my SMS menu issue.... Don't know if this will work for others but it might be worth a shot. It seems to work for me but it might be in my head.

If you "press" the reply line for a second before you "click" it seems to work.

Let me know if this doesn't make any sense.
    So far I found that if you hit "show keyboard" for me it doesnt do the SMS glitch
    02-17-10 12:36 PM
    So far battery-life has been good to me. Its only been about 4 hrs since i took it off the charger and its been running on 2.8%/hour avg discharge rate. Lets see how it holds up throughout the day.
    02-17-10 12:41 PM
    Installed the .451 last night. Its Noon, I've been using my BB as normal (heavy use) since 7am and, Im at 82%. Whats that 3.8% an hour? Thats a far cry from .428, that was at like 8% an hour. Very pleased with the battery life. Seems as though the keyboard is a little diff too. My keyboard use is more accurate. WAY less spell checking with this OS. Browser is a lot faster.
    So far I dont see a need for a hybrid. I'm just glad I can make it through the day on one charge.
    02-17-10 01:15 PM
    Day one went very well, except somehow during the install I didn't get memopad and tasks installed; this wasn't discovered until after I left the house unfortunately. So, going into day two I've reinstalled (without shrinking) and noticed that Berryweather can't pinpoint location and Stormslider doesn't interact with QL. If today goes as well with everything else, those will be my only issues - 4 1/2 stars out of 5
    Pros: seems much smoother, typing does seem to be much improved, haven't noticed any glitches with core software.
    Cons: third party software may have some issues (surprise) - Berryweather can't get closer than 5.3 miles and Stormslider doesn't work if used from QL. Also, the apploader knew what apps, core and third party, that had been on my device even though I'd wiped with CrackUtil, uninstalled .428 software, and emptied temp folder in Win7.
    Not posting battery life at this point, will edit this post in a day or two after it settles in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 01:33 PM
    Anyone know if 451 would fix my " ! No circuit / Channel available " alert when I try and call out. Have T-Mobile and 9550 with 320 now. Have tried to post elsewhere to no avail. Thanks for any help.
    02-17-10 03:07 PM
    Noticed something cool - never saw it before but I guess it could have been in previous builds. I received a link from from BBM today and when I clicked it it offered me an option to open the link in the standard browser or Opera Mini 5 Beta. I tried links from emails, no such luck, but I never noticed Blackberry building in compatibility with Opera before.
    02-17-10 03:08 PM
    Noticed something cool - never saw it before but I guess it could have been in previous builds. I received a link from from BBM today and when I clicked it it offered me an option to open the link in the standard browser or Opera Mini 5 Beta. I tried links from emails, no such luck, but I never noticed Blackberry building in compatibility with Opera before.
    That's been one of Opera Mini 5 beta's new festures since it rolled out - had it on my old Pearl 8130

02-17-10 03:55 PM
    Anyone know if 451 would fix my " ! No circuit / Channel available " alert when I try and call out. Have T-Mobile and 9550 with 320 now. Have tried to post elsewhere to no avail. Thanks for any help.
    that was fixed in 438 i believe
    02-17-10 05:13 PM
    I was excited to see all the posts about the speed in the media player. I thought that perhaps RIM had behan to integrate opengl into the entire OS. Silly me. I loaded this up and went right to view pics. Nice and fast - true that. HOWD THEY DO THAT? DEGRADATION OF PICTURE QUALITY. Sample pics used to be so sharp. Now not only are the thumbs cruddy looking, the pic quality is horrible.

Anyone else?

02-17-10 05:33 PM
    I was excited to see all the posts about the speed in the media player. I thought that perhaps RIM had behan to integrate opengl into the entire OS. Silly me. I loaded this up and went right to view pics. Nice and fast - true that. HOWD THEY DO THAT? DEGRADATION OF PICTURE QUALITY. Sample pics used to be so sharp. Now not only are the thumbs cruddy looking, the pic quality is horrible.

Anyone else?

they dont look any different to me really
    02-17-10 05:53 PM
484 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD