Good looking out. We're most likely gonna have to keep doing this until they back off.
    Its all good. It only take 10 seconds for upload a new one.
    02-16-10 02:15 PM
    Has anyone encountered a case where after updating to .451, the sms log only displays the phone number, and not the person's name who has texted you?
    02-16-10 02:21 PM
    I am so happy to have back the same seperate email boxes that I had with the storm 1 .328 upgrade. I was starting to go nutz!

Keys aren't as snappy or "soft" as many have noted.
    Computer won't recognize the sim card drives when USB connected

Native browser is quicker
    Seperate email boxes!
    scrolling smoother

I guess you mean the SD card... but if you go into options-->memory and set mass storage mode to enable automatically upon plugging your phone in it should fix it. I had the same issue. I just forgot to re-enable it.
    02-16-10 02:22 PM
    Under heave usage my battery drains at 5% an hour it used to be 10%. So very happy with the battery life so far.
    02-16-10 02:23 PM
    Anybody notice in this build is the RIM Twitter Beta Application. I found mine in the downloads folder
    02-16-10 02:24 PM
    Anybody notice in this build is the RIM Twitter Beta Application. I found mine in the downloads folder
    I didn't notice because I already had the beta. Lol.
    02-16-10 02:25 PM
    Does anyone else here use Beejive IM? My connection has been going in and out from morning until now, even on Wifi. I'm not sure if it has to do with the upgrade interfering with something but this has never happened until I went to 451.
    02-16-10 02:46 PM
    Hmm didn't find it in mine. I don't want it anyway. I wasn't too impressed with the leak. Will try again when it becomes official.
    02-16-10 02:48 PM
    anyone notice that scrolling through the contacts is not smooth at all. ive actually noticed this with all the builds so far for the storm2. is anyone else seeing this?
    hi, yes i am noticing this as well. it sort of flashes or blinks while scrolling up.
    02-16-10 03:01 PM
    Scrolling is not always smooth, as others have said. I just noticed this.

Menu button sometimes double clicks and selects an option by accident. Really becoming a pain in my ***.

Lag in typing just started. Reboot and same issue.

I have not seen any big changes that make me want to stick with this build. I'm going back to 428 later tonight if things don't clear up.
    02-16-10 03:07 PM
    OS .451 is working just fine for me!!!!
    02-16-10 03:35 PM
    Does anyone else here use Beejive IM? My connection has been going in and out from morning until now, even on Wifi. I'm not sure if it has to do with the upgrade interfering with something but this has never happened until I went to 451.

My Beejive is working just fine
    02-16-10 04:07 PM
    Took battery off charger at 9am and I am down to 30% by 5pm with moderate to slightly heavy use. I don't know about you, but that is kind of crappy. Then again, .428 didn't have good battery either.
    02-16-10 04:13 PM
    anybody having issues with phone rebooting itself at random times after upgrade??
    has happened to me 4 times already.....
    02-16-10 04:15 PM
    02-16-10 04:23 PM
    Mines came with it to although I already had it as well.
    02-16-10 04:29 PM
    always done this since the very first OS on the storm 1 and i assume other BBs too

edit: it might be doing this a different way. I will have to wait to see a pic to see
    Mine is not doing this and I cannot find an option to set and make it do so. Could u point me in the right direction?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by nasmith7; 02-16-10 at 05:48 PM.
    02-16-10 04:36 PM
    Well after using this build last night and all day today here are my findings:

Overall speed and responsiveness seems similar or marginally improved over 428.
    I've found scrolling through my inbox as well as through messages to be smoother.
    Memory has increased by about 5MB (@116 currently with my apps and junk).

I did have an issue with lag while typing in both landscape and portrait mode. Thinking this was due to the "peek" feature I disabled it and this seems to have fixed it.

I can't comment on browser speed as I mainly use opera.

I initially had some wonky behavior with locking but a couple of reboots and some adjustment of patternlock has taken care of that.

Battery life appears marginally worse, although this may be due to me using the phone more than usual today or using the beta twitter app which runs in the background and is set to update every 5min (I'll retest tomorrow with twitter set to update hourly).

Edit: as is already mentioned in the OP, scrolling through pics with the media viewer is very much improved.

--
    Overall, despite some initial problems with weird locking and typing lag, this build seems to be worth the upgrade.

Now let's hope for a .49x build haha (hopefully with some improved battery life and a webkit browser leak).
    Last edited by lyquid; 02-16-10 at 04:41 PM.
    02-16-10 04:37 PM
    I might have to try this one then.
    02-16-10 04:37 PM
    So far, so good for me. Battery life appears to be improved and browsing is faster off of 3G (haven't tested wifi yet).
    02-16-10 04:43 PM
    yea, I'm testing the battery myself. havent gotten the most positive result either but I think its also the way my new theme is working as well. Dont forget to go back to options, mobile network, and change it back to 1xEV. Also check your backlight and make sure its still at 10% after the OS loads
    This update works great,...
    02-16-10 04:44 PM
    This update has made a good phone,..a GREAT phone. I have had the best time with it today. Very reactive and what I expected out of the box!
    02-16-10 04:46 PM
    downloading now
    02-16-10 04:47 PM

I've found scrolling through my inbox as well as through messages to be smoother.

I did have an issue with lag while typing in both landscape and portrait mode. Thinking this was due to the "peek" feature I disabled it and this seems to have fixed it.

I initially had some wonky behavior with locking but a couple of reboots and some adjustment of patternlock has taken care of that.

Battery life appears marginally worse, although this may be due to me using the phone more than usual today or using the beta twitter app which runs in the background and is set to update every 5min (I'll retest tomorrow with twitter set to update hourly).

Edit: as is already mentioned in the OP, scrolling through pics with the media viewer is very much improved.

--
    Overall, despite some initial problems with weird locking and typing lag, this build seems to be worth the upgrade.

Now let's hope for a .49x build haha (hopefully with some improved battery life and a webkit browser leak).
    whats the peek feature cause i've been experiencing lag as well.. in fact i find that the phone runs pretty good but i've noticed sometimes that it just seems to slow down to almost a crawl speed and it takes forever to get stuff done, especially if you have any BBM groups.. going from group to regular bbm messages seems to take a massive toll on the responsiveness of the phone..
    02-16-10 04:55 PM

--
    Worth spending the time to upgrade for what? Ability to scroll through pictures faster? Hard to rationalize spending 30-45 to reload and set up your device just for that.
    02-16-10 04:58 PM
484 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD