anyone notice that scrolling through the contacts is not smooth at all. ive actually noticed this with all the builds so far for the storm2. is anyone else seeing this?
    yes, ive notice that with all the hybrids and 428.
    02-16-10 11:00 AM
    i cant check for dead links right now at work but i will when i get home
    02-16-10 11:15 AM
    i cant check for dead links right now at work but i will when i get home
    I just had to reup the rs link...the snitches are out and lurking.
    02-16-10 11:19 AM
    well i noticed something new about this build. when you have emails from the same person it groups them together and tells you how many items/emails there are. gonna post a picture in a second
    02-16-10 11:47 AM
    anyone notice that scrolling through the contacts is not smooth at all. ive actually noticed this with all the builds so far for the storm2. is anyone else seeing this?
    Mine seem to scroll just fine, no issues here
    02-16-10 11:51 AM
    34 minutes of phone call i lost 21% Battery life.
    Yea, i would rather used 428 os w/OOAK's 436 hybrid. at least with this setup my battery life last longer. i would rather have longer battery life than memory.
    02-16-10 11:52 AM
    As for the browser being faster...I don't think mine is:

Native BB Broswer took 14 seconds to load CB Mobile over full bars 3G

Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 took 6 seconds to load the same page with the same coverage.

I'll stick with OM5 until the new webkit browser.
    02-16-10 12:00 PM
    well i noticed something new about this build. when you have emails from the same person it groups them together and tells you how many items/emails there are. gonna post a picture in a second
    always done this since the very first OS on the storm 1 and i assume other BBs too

edit: it might be doing this a different way. I will have to wait to see a pic to see
    02-16-10 12:05 PM
    Would love to see pics of this...
    02-16-10 12:09 PM
    I really like the improvement in the voice prompts for bluetooth, keeps getting better and seems to listen better. Also the voice is not so robotic like it used to be...

Also I think the glow on the keyboard seems to be smaller...
    02-16-10 12:15 PM
    its the one thats highlighted and ive never noticed it on any blackberry that i have ever owned and ive owned quite a few
    02-16-10 12:17 PM
    So far I've noticed the battery life is really bad with this build. I'm experiencing 6.7% average drain with light use. I never saw more than 5% with SeanRen's v5 hybrid under even heavy usage with phone calls and browsing.

Think I'll go back to Sean's v5 hybrid but use the .451 radio as a base instead of the .428.

(Sorry for not using red text, Matt. I'm on my phone and don't know how to do colored text using the OM5 interface.)
    02-16-10 12:24 PM
    So I was putting the phone through its paces this morning and the batterylife is just horrid. On seanren's v4 i was getting about 5.6% discharge and with this I'm getting about 11%. My phone also started to bog down after heavy texting but that could of been to poor reception. Will test more when I go back up to campus and hopefully things improve. If not I'll be loading OOAK's .497 hybrid with this base OS and test further. But that's for another thread. Also experiencing major landscape typing lag. But that was also present in .428 and all hybrids (except tank's but I didn't get to try his)

Did a battery pull to hopefully correct the discharge rate and I'm back home and its on the charger before i go to my next class

On the bright side:
    fast native browser
    quick startup
    better feeling screen
    Last edited by andino; 02-16-10 at 12:37 PM.
    02-16-10 12:34 PM
    So far I've noticed the battery life is really bad with this build. I'm experiencing 6.7% average drain with light use. I never saw more than 5% with SeanRen's v5 hybrid under even heavy usage with phone calls and browsing.

Think I'll go back to Sean's v5 hybrid but use the .451 radio as a base instead of the .428.

(Sorry for not using red text, Matt. I'm on my phone and don't know how to do colored text using the OM5 interface.)
    its ok

i would wait a few days though. battery is always a little off for a few days. Honestly i would never switch withoug giving it a full week to test unless you are just getting errors or something
    02-16-10 12:43 PM
    its the one thats highlighted and ive never noticed it on any blackberry that i have ever owned and ive owned quite a few
    Is that a gmail account? Mine has been doing that since I installed the gmail plugin I believe.

I'm also having the SMS glitch still. I get the menu pop-up about 50% of the time on a reply.
    02-16-10 12:44 PM
    I've never seen that before... that is pretty cool!
    02-16-10 01:08 PM
    I first started noticing this with the 428. Might have been there before that build, but I know its not new. Nice feature tho.
    02-16-10 01:15 PM
    Is that in your Messages folder? Mine only does that when I'm in the gmail plug-in folder.
    02-16-10 01:38 PM
    I first started noticing this with the 428. Might have been there before that build, but I know its not new. Nice feature tho.
    ok so I have 428 and havent noticed that... hmm thats odd
    02-16-10 01:46 PM
    ok so I have 428 and havent noticed that... hmm thats odd
    I don't know what to say, but it def. was there before. I have been noticing this for a long time since running on 428. I only upgraded to 451 last night.
    02-16-10 01:53 PM
    I think I remember something about some new things going on with the enhanced gmail plugin. Can't be sure because I always delete it off my device...can't stand how it doesn't skin with themes.
    02-16-10 01:55 PM
    I am so happy to have back the same seperate email boxes that I had with the storm 1 .328 upgrade. I was starting to go nutz!

Keys aren't as snappy or "soft" as many have noted.
    Computer won't recognize the sim card drives when USB connected

Native browser is quicker
    Seperate email boxes!
    scrolling smoother
    02-16-10 01:59 PM
    I am so happy to have back the same seperate email boxes that I had with the storm 1 .328 upgrade. I was starting to go nutz!

Keys aren't as snappy or "soft" as many have noted.
    Computer won't recognize the sim card drives when USB connected
    Native browser is quicker
    Seperate email boxes!
    scrolling smoother
    there has always been seperate email boxes.....
    02-16-10 02:03 PM
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Somebody is snitching on the links.

heres another good link Click Here
    02-16-10 02:03 PM
    heres another good link Click Here
    Good looking out. We're most likely gonna have to keep doing this until they back off.
    02-16-10 02:13 PM
484 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD