1 person says visual voicemail will not work, and another says it works fine... SO anyone that actually uses visual voicemail able to comment?
    02-16-10 12:45 AM
    1 person says visual voicemail will not work, and another says it works fine... SO anyone that actually uses visual voicemail able to comment?
    just got done listening to a voicemail thru visual voicemail, so for me, it is working.
    02-16-10 01:29 AM
    Running fine so far...
    Native browser running quicker than before.
    I think I might have to re-invite all my BB Messenger contacts.
    02-16-10 01:36 AM
    ===== QUOTE thehOtbOy ====

i found an ugly glitch . it might just be the theme that i am using .
    i am using appleberry 2.0 & for some reason when i exit a folder/app & go back to the landscape app screen it is black w| a wallpaper on the center only . anyone else experiencing this ?

Posted from my BlackBerry using http://www.BerryBlab.com

===== /QUOTE ====

THis bug exists in .428 also. Not new.
    i never experienced this bug in .428 & i was running multiple themes including the one that i am running now

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-16-10 01:47 AM
    The browser was lightning quick when I went to download facebook app. The phone overall seems a little snappier. Like said above, the keyboard seems softer.
    +1 although i am using WiFi, its never been this fast before!

Other wise:
    connection manager crashed during software update (at second last stage - reinitializing before restore..?)
    I lost all my third party apps after install, manually reintsalling. considering no third party apps i had something like 112Mb on boot

Screen seems much more soft and responsive, has not bugged out yet (which is VERY unusual for my device)
    02-16-10 02:13 AM
    Nothing big so far in this leak but browser does seem quicker while screen response seems better.
    02-16-10 03:14 AM
    Battery life is at 5% discharge rate after 8 hours of use. (1600 mAh Seidio battery) Early days yet, but I like this trend!
    02-16-10 03:40 AM
    I had tried .428 but went back to .320 due an ugly SMS problem and the fact that XVID/DIVx support was lost on the video player. The .451 fixed the SMS issue but still no XVID/DivX support :-(

So far the bottom 4 buttons are responding much better than .320...thats a great relief. I also had a freeze/restarting issue on the .320 while I was on my bluetooth car kit....it would freeze and then restart every 3 minutes. I haven't tested that yet on .451....will know in a few hours.

Is there a way around the XVID/DivX problem...is that never going to come back?
    02-16-10 03:56 AM
    Holy moses! - If anyone else was having trouble with not having a hotspot browser and wifi not working - well it works now. Just checked it (by accident really). I think this is mostly for those who are with an unlocked 9550.
    02-16-10 04:53 AM
    Can someone please tell me if the SMS menu pop up glitch is still there?
    I would click to reply to a message and this menu would pop up half of the time. Wasn't a big deal at first but later became highly irritating.

Are the pictures still grainy? (Would have to open the menu and select Fit to Screen to clear up the image)
    Oh wow, I just nocticed that...thanks.
    02-16-10 05:09 AM
    I'm already running the .451 hybrid, is there any difference between this leak and the hybrid? Aside from the long boot up I am happy with the hybrid!!
    02-16-10 05:26 AM
    yes...you actually have the correct radio to go with the java files
    02-16-10 05:28 AM
    Holy moses! - If anyone else was having trouble with not having a hotspot browser and wifi not working - well it works now. Just checked it (by accident really). I think this is mostly for those who are with an unlocked 9550.
    Um that's not the bug that folks are taking about when the mention the hotspot browser bug. It goes like this. You leave the browser set to hotspot browser and when you have no WiFi you get an error not the page. What I can tell you is that it looks like they have 1/2 of it fixed. It will now work if you just use the browser and type in the address but if you click on a link in an email which has to launch the browser then the bug is still there.
    02-16-10 05:58 AM
    Um that's not the bug that folks are taking about when the mention the hotspot browser bug. It goes like this. You leave the browser set to hotspot browser and when you have no WiFi you get an error not the page. What I can tell you is that it looks like they have 1/2 of it fixed. It will now work if you just use the browser and type in the address but if you click on a link in an email which has to launch the browser then the bug is still there.
    I had a different issue to this with every previous os (official, beta or hybrid) - my hotspot browser disappeared and wifi would not connect unless i manually entertained the IP config details (and that stuff) - but even then wifi would not work.

So for my problem - it's fixed lol.
    02-16-10 06:01 AM
    Battery life seems slightly improved as does available memory. I got an extra Meg of memory from .428. Other than that, I see almost no difference. Of course that really shouldnt be suprising as .428 had no issues for me what so ever. So barring some new features, it was going to be tough to see any serious improvement.
    02-16-10 06:39 AM
    so far I have noticed a softer screen, more click on the bottom buttons, more app memory after installing OS (maybe 15+ mb more), a snappier OS overall.

my battery drain is questionable, but then again, I just got this new "realism" theme which can be the culprit. It jumps from 100% to 90% in less than an hour with little usage. Will continue to investigate this issue...
    02-16-10 06:40 AM
    Here are my findings so far:

More app memory...was a significant increase

Battery life seems to be about the same for now...although it wasn't bad for me running .428

I am still experiencing the SMS bug
    02-16-10 06:56 AM
    i didnt have time to load this last night and will tonight, but it doesnt even seem like its a big step up from 428. granted the memory bump but its not like that even is an issue with the storm 2 anyway. And many report it seems quicker but again that it not really something you can quantify

So any real good reason for those not wanting to update why they should. I want to add more stuff in the OP besides "its faster"
    02-16-10 07:07 AM
    i didnt have time to load this last night and will tonight, but it doesnt even seem like its a big step up from 428. granted the memory bump but its not like that even is an issue with the storm 2 anyway. And many report it seems quicker but again that it not really something you can quantify

So any real good reason for those not wanting to update why they should. I want to add more stuff in the OP besides "its faster"
    the snappier OS thing could also be because of the OS being fresh and new to the device with a clean set of reboots to go with it. Once you start picking up access files and downloads and uploads over time, it might prove to end up being the same speed or as you say, hard to quantify...
    02-16-10 07:16 AM
    On my end I have the worst luck with this OS.

-boot up takes more than 6min.
    -worst battery life while on sleep mode. I lost 50% battery life within 5hrs window with set into saving battery & nothing running in the background.
    Last edited by Roweazie; 02-16-10 at 07:34 AM.
    02-16-10 07:22 AM
    Can someone please tell me if the SMS menu pop up glitch is still there?
    I would click to reply to a message and this menu would pop up half of the time. Wasn't a big deal at first but later became highly irritating.
    i just tested mine now and i can confirm the menu popup bug in this release as well as others having confirmed it. like you said, it doesn't happen everytime you go to reply to a message. i clicked 10 different messages in a row and it only happened three times, and not in succession.. it was spaced out when the menu would popup.
    02-16-10 07:28 AM
    On my end I have the worst luck with this OS.

-boot up takes more than 6min.
    -worst battery life while on sleep mode. I lost 50% battery life within 5hrs window with set into saving battery & nothing running in the background.
    yea, I'm testing the battery myself. havent gotten the most positive result either but I think its also the way my new theme is working as well. Dont forget to go back to options, mobile network, and change it back to 1xEV. Also check your backlight and make sure its still at 10% after the OS loads
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-16-10 at 07:45 AM.
    02-16-10 07:42 AM
    Got a boost in memory and my boot times are a bit quicker.
    Dont know if this is new or not, but in my messages when there is a contact or phone number listed - if I just touch the screen (and not press it) and hold it there for about 2 sec, it searches for all the times I have called/received a call from that #
    the "Search" feature has been there... it also works in emails for the name/subject. BBMessenger, SMS, etc... very handy

i found an ugly glitch . it might just be the theme that i am using .
    i am using appleberry 2.0 & for some reason when i exit a folder/app & go back to the landscape app screen it is black w| a wallpaper on the center only . anyone else experiencing this ?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I have had that happen in .428 as well.. a quick rotate to landscape then back fixes it... but its annoying.
    02-16-10 07:49 AM
    Maybe I've missed something, but so far I've seen nothing that makes this worth spending the time to upgrade from .428.

We have the usual "it's faster" being stated (keyboard response, browser), but as many times as each OS has been "faster" this should now be performing tasks even before we touch the screen

We also have the customary "more memory", but I think much of that is due to some of the databases becoming reset or reorganized (such as RMS) which frees up memory. With Storm2 it's not that big a deal to get another few MB of memory, there's already plenty.

The media viewer improvement might be nice, but not worth the 30-60 minutes to spend installing a new OS just for that.

After two months it doesn't seem like there's much change to the OS. I've been happy with .428 and don't see any real reason to spend 30-45 minutes to upgrade. Thanks to those who did and provided their observations.
    02-16-10 07:57 AM
    I did the update last night, from the original OS, and I think all my MMS messages are gone. Not that I refer back to them very often but there was some funny ones in there.
    Any ideas if they are "hiding" somewhere?
    02-16-10 08:03 AM
484 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD