I have installed some third party applications from app world and then uninstalled them on a storm 2 9550. The applications have been uninstalled but some of their installer icons are still present. I am running version 5.0.0.713(Bundle 1206, Platform 4.2.0.323) A couple of the applications specifically are: NFL Mobile, MySpace, and Bing.

I have looked for these in tools > applications > third party, add-on, and core

I have, from applications menu, hit BB menu > modules and they are not listed here

USB mass storage mode, unable to locate these files

Desktop manager > application loader (not listed)

I have not tried removing ALL applications via Desktop Manager because I would like to avoid this route if possible.

(I know I can hide these icons but there should most certainly be a way to delete them.) Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    07-07-10 08:52 AM
    I have installed some third party applications from app world and then uninstalled them on a storm 2 9550. The applications have been uninstalled but some of their installer icons are still present. I am running version 5.0.0.713(Bundle 1206, Platform 4.2.0.323) A couple of the applications specifically are: NFL Mobile, MySpace, and Bing.

I have looked for these in tools > applications > third party, add-on, and core

I have, from applications menu, hit BB menu > modules and they are not listed here

USB mass storage mode, unable to locate these files

Desktop manager > application loader (not listed)

I have not tried removing ALL applications via Desktop Manager because I would like to avoid this route if possible.

(I know I can hide these icons but there should most certainly be a way to delete them.) Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    You can't remove these, they are part of vendor OS release. They are links to install the apps, not the apps themselves. Just hide them and ignore.
    07-07-10 10:14 AM
    even if you do get them some how removed , as soon as you do a battery pull they will be right back
    07-07-10 11:15 AM
    ...and there you have it.
    07-07-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD