Okay, I think most of you know how I feel about all of these phones.

Some observations since I bought the Droid.

Storm 1 was always in my heart from the get go. Storm 2 had the hype and the Droid had the hype and great reviews right off the bat( my opinion based on what I have read).

The Storm 1, after having buying it on day one, in my opinion, is the better of the two blackberrys. Yeah, we can talk about the memory, mini card and processor. Nevertheless, I think Storm 1 is for me, a better choice. The Storm 2 locking of the screen became an annoyance and I quickly went from loving it to actually hating it.

The Droid, what can I say? I think that typing is better and easier on both Storms regardless of what keyboard I use on the Droid. Because I don't text a lot and e-mail alot, it's not a deal breaker for me.

At the end of the day, the Storm packs a pretty good punch, but the Droid just has too much ammo. Just the browsing experience alone is enough to keep me away from blackberry. For me, it's that good.

With the Storm 2, being at Starbucks with wifi, I gained nothing in speed and was limited to mobile websites for the most part. It made surfing quite boring. With the Droid, I actually feel like I have a mini laptop! With wifi, it makes it even better.
    As you can see, browsing is very high on my list. For 30 bucks, I want more then just great e-mail. The Droid and I assume the Eris are just to good when it comes to browsing, and both are the closest to a mini computer thus far, outside the Iphone.
    In my experience with the Iphone when I had it, I actually think the browsing is better on the Droid.
    11-10-09 05:21 PM
    Hear that? That's the sound of nobody caring. Come back in about 6 months and we'll talk browsers. Until then opera 5 works great.
    11-10-09 05:30 PM

Storm 1 was always in my heart from the get go. Storm 2 had the hype and the Droid had the hype and great reviews right off the bat( my opinion based on what I have read).

The Storm 1, after having buying it on day one, in my opinion, is the better of the two blackberrys. Yeah, we can talk about the memory, mini card and processor. Nevertheless, I think Storm 1 is for me, a better choice. The Storm 2 locking of the screen became an annoyance and I quickly went from loving it to actually hating it.

The Droid, what can I say? I think that typing is better and easier on both Storms regardless of what keyboard I use on the Droid. Because I don't text a lot and e-mail alot, it's not a deal breaker for me.

At the end of the day, the Storm packs a pretty good punch, but the Droid just has too much ammo. Just the browsing experience alone is enough to keep me away from blackberry. For me, it's that good.

With the Storm 2, being at Starbucks with wifi, I gained nothing in speed and was limited to mobile websites for the most part. It made surfing quite boring. With the Droid, I actually feel like I have a mini laptop! With wifi, it makes it even better.
    As you can see, browsing is very high on my list. For 30 bucks, I want more then just great e-mail. The Droid and I assume the Eris are just to good when it comes to browsing, and both are the closest to a mini computer thus far, outside the Iphone.
    In my experience with the Iphone when I had it, I actually think the browsing is better on the Droid.
    I completely agree (except for the typing part, I actually prefer not having to press). You will hear various reasons as to why you are dead wrong (email, security, blah, blah blah). What's funny about that is most (I said most!) of these people posting aren't nearly as important as they claim to be. "I need my email instantly, not 1 minute later!" or "Blackberry is so secure!", knowing that in a corporate setting, yes there are added security features, but most of these people are carrying around personal BB's, meaning that they are no more secure than any other phone. Prepare for the onslaught.
    11-10-09 05:36 PM
    Hear that? That's the sound of nobody caring. Come back in about 6 months and we'll talk browsers. Until then opera 5 works great.
    Yes, but where will the Droid browser be in 6 months?
    11-10-09 05:37 PM

If I didn't already have the iPhone, I might have been interested in the Droid. For me, I have the best of both worlds, having both the iPhone and the Storm 2. They both have their pluses. Since getting the Storm 2, I haven't used my iPhone until today. I definitely know what you mean when you compare browsers, there really isn't any comparison between the two. It was like a breath of fresh air using Safari again. From what I have read and seen, it looks like it's that way when comparing the Storm and Droid browsers as well so I know where you're coming from. Why can't they just make one darn phone that has it all for us?
    11-10-09 05:46 PM
    I have to agree that the browser on the Droid is light years ahead of the Storm2. ****, using Skyfire on my Q was better than the mobile web browsing on the Storm2. Browsing on my girlfriend's new Droid is like looking at a laptop screen. I HATE the browsing on the Storm2, but the rest of the phone is enough to keep me from changing to the Droid. I have about 30 days to make up my mind (I can return the Storm2 within 30 days of purchase which was late last week), but I think I'll probably end up keeping it and just hoping for a better browser. I wish Blackberry would allow Skyfire...
    11-10-09 05:50 PM
    Most corporate users have a BB because their employer requires them to have it. They hate the damned thing and almost all of them carry something else for personal use because the BB is complete garbage for anything other than email.
    11-10-09 05:55 PM
    If browsing is all you need a phone for, then the droid is the best choice righ tno because it has the best browser RIGHT NOW. However, in a few months, we will be getting a much better and faster webkit browser. I personally NEVER get mobile sites except when I want to (CB pretty much). I get full pages just like on my pc..
    11-10-09 05:56 PM
    In six months, I don't think Blackberry will be there yet. Ya never know. I hope it does.

Please, enough of this Opera nonsense. Opera does not make the Storm any better or worse.

So yeah, the next few months will be interesting.....thank god for upgrades! LOL
    11-10-09 06:09 PM
    Enjoy your Droid.
    11-10-09 06:12 PM
    I have to agree that the browser on the Droid is light years ahead of the Storm2. ****, using Skyfire on my Q was better than the mobile web browsing on the Storm2. Browsing on my girlfriend's new Droid is like looking at a laptop screen. I HATE the browsing on the Storm2, but the rest of the phone is enough to keep me from changing to the Droid. I have about 30 days to make up my mind (I can return the Storm2 within 30 days of purchase which was late last week), but I think I'll probably end up keeping it and just hoping for a better browser. I wish Blackberry would allow Skyfire...
    i guess bolt or opera doesnt do it for ya ? i never use my blackberry browser bolt is really fast for me and responds great on my storm2
    11-10-09 06:13 PM
    are you kidding me? you need to actually use the storm 2 to see the improvements are VAST over prototype 1. Heck, according to front page storm 1 cant comprehend open GL.
    11-10-09 06:14 PM
    If browsing is all you need a phone for, then the droid is the best choice righ tno because it has the best browser RIGHT NOW. However, in a few months, we will be getting a much better and faster webkit browser. I personally NEVER get mobile sites except when I want to (CB pretty much). I get full pages just like on my pc..
    So that's all the Droid is, a nice browser? Wrong, the Droid does EVERYTHING faster.
    Also, do you think that Google is just sitting on their @sses? If the "Blackberry browsing experience" has improved in a few months (which I doubt), Did all of the other OS's just quit? Please remember that RIM is playing "catch up", and these other OS's are in front for a reason. You all brag about RIM getting features that other phones already have.
    11-10-09 06:19 PM
    So that's all the Droid is, a nice browser? Wrong, the Droid does EVERYTHING faster.
    Also, do you think that Google is just sitting on their @sses? If the "Blackberry browsing experience" has improved in a few months (which I doubt), Did all of the other OS's just quit? Please remember that RIM is playing "catch up", and these other OS's are in front for a reason. You all brag about RIM getting features that other phones already have.
    Um dude, lay off the (D)roids. The poster never said that "all the Droid is is a nice browser." If you'd read the post, which I know you have a tendency not to do, you'd see that they were pointing out that your precious Droid DOES have a nice browser.

Why is it SO impossible for you to understand that not everyone wants what YOU want in a device? Some of us actually have different needs from you. I know, tough to fathom, but it's called reality.

Enjoy your Droid.

EOM
    11-10-09 06:22 PM
    Why don't you go into the Droid forums.

You don't like the Storm 2. You think the OS is garbage. We get it. You can leave.
    11-10-09 06:25 PM
    Um dude, lay off the (D)roids. The poster never said that "all the Droid is is a nice browser."
    Then what in the **** does, and I quote "If browsing is all you need a phone for, then the droid is the best choice right now because it has the best browser RIGHT NOW." mean exactly? Shut up!
    11-10-09 06:29 PM
    Can't send any other files then pics on Droid. Dealbreaker.
    11-10-09 06:37 PM
    Don't let him get to ya, all he does is TROLL around the forums bashing anyone that doesn't agree with his OPINIONS and calls names. Wow, what maturity levels you have, what makes it so funny and pathetic all in one, is that he does it behind a keyboard. If his avatar pic is any indication of his real nature then all I can say is "it figures".
    11-10-09 06:39 PM
    Rim isn't playing catch up, they're playing leap frog.

In 6 months droid will have licensed flash 10 while the blackberry will be fully integrated in the adobe system.

Huge difference, you'll see.

P.S. Opera is way faster than the native browser and barely behind the droid browser. I can live with that for 6 months.
    11-10-09 06:43 PM
    Ignore button works wonders
    11-10-09 06:45 PM
    Hey Bearkat, lighten up kiddo. It is just a phone.
    11-10-09 06:46 PM
    GMTA! Did that about 10 minutes ago... about 2 weeks too late
    11-10-09 06:46 PM
    AGREED, but doesn't that sorta contradict the whole point of having "forum rules"
    11-10-09 06:48 PM
    Rim isn't playing catch up, they're playing leap frog.

In 6 months droid will have licensed flash 10 while the blackberry will be fully integrated in the adobe system.

Huge difference, you'll see.

P.S. Opera is way faster than the native browser and barely behind the droid browser. I can live with that for 6 months.
    Wrong, wrong, & wrong.
    11-10-09 06:50 PM
    Why don't you go into the Droid forums.

You don't like the Storm 2. You think the OS is garbage. We get it. You can leave.
    You're wasting your time, he trolls around the BB forums and he knows and admits it.
    11-10-09 06:50 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD