When I plug my Storm into a USB port, the phone's hdd wont' register with my computer. I have mass storage mode turned on. Am I missing another step? Thanks!
    08-18-09 03:40 PM
    Do you have Desktop Manager installed on your computer? If not, download the latest and install it, which will also instwll the required device drivers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 03:45 PM
    Yup, I do. I had a Storm a few weeks back and I got a new one due to a screen issue. The older one I had worked just fine. This one simply refuses to be recognized. Not even Desktop Manager won't see it, when it was seeing it about 10 minutes ago. DOH
    08-18-09 03:51 PM
    Yup, I do. I had a Storm a few weeks back and I got a new one due to a screen issue. The older one I had worked just fine. This one simply refuses to be recognized. Not even Desktop Manager won't see it, when it was seeing it about 10 minutes ago. DOH
    I have this EXACT same issue. Just got a replacement and now my PC wont recognize it. The DM see's it, but it wont let me load media via the Roxio software or just dragging and dropping. Thinking about uninstalling the DM and wiping the device to see if that works, but I HATE wiping and starting over.
    08-18-09 04:42 PM
    Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    08-18-09 04:47 PM
    Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    I love you.
    08-18-09 04:49 PM
    I love you.

I know.
    08-18-09 05:02 PM

I know.
    I take that back, still didn't work.
    08-18-09 06:19 PM
    This is what it looks like when I unzip it.
    08-18-09 06:25 PM
    This is what I get when I down load the file. bb storage activation new rar.When I click on it, it says find and nothing can be found

Piano Man
    08-18-09 07:19 PM
    This is what I get when I down load the file. bb storage activation new rar.When I click on it, it says find and nothing can be found

Piano Man
    Yep same here, we doing something wrong?
    08-18-09 08:55 PM
    Anybody???
    08-19-09 07:48 AM
    When you unzip it don't forget to remove the files to another folder and place on desktop before running. It will show an error if you don't remove them from the winzip program file window after unzipping the rar file

08-19-09 08:43 AM
    Yep same here, we doing something wrong?
    You are using a program like winzip to unzip the rar file correct? Right click the file and unzip

08-19-09 08:48 AM
    It sounds like you haven't even upacked the file yet.

Go here: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

Download the 32 or 64 bit flavor (depending on what PC OS you're running) and fully install the trial version and reboot PC.

Then double click on .rar WinRAR should open up.
    Click 'Extract To' (icon up top) and navigate to your desktop. Hit okay. This will create a standard folder on your desktop with the files unpacked.

Then, go up and follow my instructions from my original post.
    08-19-09 09:19 AM
    It sounds like you haven't even upacked the file yet.

Go here: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

Download the 32 or 64 bit flavor (depending on what PC OS you're running) and fully install the trial version and reboot PC.

Then double click on .rar WinRAR should open up.
    Click 'Extract To' (icon up top) and navigate to your desktop. Hit okay. This will create a standard folder on your desktop with the files unpacked.

Then, go up and follow my instructions from my original post.
    Exactly! Perfectly said mike...........the others should have no problems now

08-19-09 10:00 AM
    Thank you Mike! I followed your instructions and my problem is fixed
    08-19-09 01:20 PM
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).[/QUOTE]

So genius! Thanks man!
    07-07-10 09:05 PM
    I'm posting this fix to FB!
    07-07-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD