So I have stoptilt now and I just came across orientation lock, now I would just like some opinions on which one would be better, mabye if one has memory leaks and one doesnt anything that could be useful in determining which one to delete.

And the price doesnt matter because stoptilt I got for free (beta tester) and orientation lock is also free.

Thanks
    05-15-09 06:03 PM
    Well considering I wrote OrientationLock a couple of hours ago you might want to wait awhile. It really hasn't gone through any thorough testing

If stopTilt works for you, keep using it. I haven't used it so I can't comment on which is better. I would think you would get more from a paid app in terms of support etc then you will from a free app

If possible try them both out and see which one you like better. You could always download the storm simulator and try it there first.
    05-15-09 06:24 PM
    Cool. Nice efforts & contributions on getting a free accelerometer lock app out! Appreciated.

Does it save lock preferences on shutdown? Does it lock 3rd party apps or just specific, or some? Is there a separate menu or is it integrated?

Thumbs up!
    05-15-09 06:39 PM
    Cool. Nice efforts & contributions on getting a free accelerometer lock app out! Appreciated.

Does it save lock preferences on shutdown? Does it lock 3rd party apps or just specific, or some? Is there a separate menu or is it integrated?

Thumbs up!
    Nope, settings are lost upon reboot. Not sure, but I am guess that if a 3rd party app did its own settings, they would over ride mine. Its integrated into the system menu "Lock Orientation"/"Unlock Orientation"
    05-15-09 07:04 PM
    Well considering I wrote OrientationLock a couple of hours ago you might want to wait awhile. It really hasn't gone through any thorough testing

If stopTilt works for you, keep using it. I haven't used it so I can't comment on which is better. I would think you would get more from a paid app in terms of support etc then you will from a free app

If possible try them both out and see which one you like better. You could always download the storm simulator and try it there first.
    I'm waiting
    05-15-09 07:57 PM
    Going with stomtilt bc I already paid for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 09:13 PM
    Alright so whos got some opinions ?
    05-16-09 09:27 AM
    I've only had Orientation Lock, nothing else. Definitely a good little free app. I would love it to save preferences between boots, but maybe that will come later. What do you think, TD? Is that likely to happen or no?

05-16-09 09:34 AM
    I salute thadude3 for offering orientation lock for free.

I'm sure most think RIM should have baked this feature into the OS. Same with vibrate/ring.
    05-16-09 09:43 AM
    admirable of you thedude3 to be open and honest about ur app...i am using it..and i think its great....I admire people who can do stuff like that...and to offer it to others...well hats off to you..and thanks!!
    05-16-09 11:49 AM
    I've only had Orientation Lock, nothing else. Definitely a good little free app. I would love it to save preferences between boots, but maybe that will come later. What do you think, TD? Is that likely to happen or no?

Saving the preferences between boots isn't the hard part.

executing the code when you launch the various app's would be. I don't think there is a way to hook into RIM's apps when the launch to execute my code. That could be a security risk..

that's why you have to hit the menu option to lock and unlock. And in the case of an app exiting the lock/unlock is lost.
    05-16-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD