I do believe there will be a fix for this pop notification. I have noticed the same thing on my contacts page.

What can be done is to hide this, but there will always be a second delay before you will be able to do anything since the system has to reconfirm the lock in order for the settings to remain in place.

But I do agree, that the popup is a little annoying.
    05-18-09 09:47 PM
    same here, glad i bought this app instead of the other program
    05-18-09 11:50 PM
    I do believe there will be a fix for this pop notification. I have noticed the same thing on my contacts page.

What can be done is to hide this, but there will always be a second delay before you will be able to do anything since the system has to reconfirm the lock in order for the settings to remain in place.

But I do agree, that the popup is a little annoying.
    How do you hide notifications globally? You know how to do this?

I wrote ani asking about turning off the notifications. I think it's possible, but I think they are afraid that if they disable the notifications, that people won't be able to figure out why the phone isn't rotating later on. I tried to reassure ani that this would not be a problem and that most people, after the initial notification, would not need another one.

Hopefully they will be able to do this... I use the compose screen to do just about everything (write emails, compose sms, and to call people). Every time I make a phone call using the compose screen (compose>green phone hard button to call contact), after the call, if I bring up the compose screen again, it gives me the notification. I do not, however, get the notification message after sending an sms with the compose screen. Either way, I love this app, but being re-notified over and over is a bit annoying. I think a lot of the people who use this app know what they are doing and thus do not need a reminder.
    05-18-09 11:51 PM
    How do you hide notifications globally? You know how to do this?

I wrote ani asking about turning off the notifications. I think it's possible, but I think they are afraid that if they disable the notifications, that people won't be able to figure out why the phone isn't rotating later on. I tried to reassure ani that this would not be a problem and that most people, after the initial notification, would not need another one.

Hopefully they will be able to do this... I use the compose screen to do just about everything (write emails, compose sms, and to call people). Every time I make a phone call using the compose screen (compose>green phone hard button to call contact), after the call, if I bring up the compose screen again, it gives me the notification. I do not, however, get the notification message after sending an sms with the compose screen. Either way, I love this app, but being re-notified over and over is a bit annoying. I think a lot of the people who use this app know what they are doing and thus do not need a reminder.
    No one will forget. Notifications should be forever turned off. If anyone is that...uh..for lack of better words..DUMB, then they can go ahead and look DUMBer and post to ask why, and we shall remind them that they have stoptilt on.
    05-19-09 12:19 AM
    Dear All,
    Please upgrade your StopTilt to the latest version 2.0.8. In this version we have removed the popup notification that said 'Portrait mode locked' or 'Landscape mode locked'. While this is good for a first time user, they do not want to see the notification everytime they open an app. So now on, StopTilt will do the magic silently

Apart from the feature enhancement above, there is also a critical update in the code internally.

Please upgrade your copies to the latest version 2.0.8 available at www.getempower.com or any MobiHand store.

Best,
    Ani.
    05-19-09 11:28 PM
    Hey all, ani said this in another thread just now:

Updated version 2.0.8 released.
    Dear All,
    Please upgrade your StopTilt to the latest version 2.0.8. In this version we have removed the popup notification that said 'Portrait mode locked' or 'Landscape mode locked'. While this is good for a first time user, they do not want to see the notification everytime they open an app. So now on, StopTilt will do the magic silently

Apart from the feature enhancement above, there is also a critical update in the code.

Please upgrade your copies to the latest version 2.0.8 available at Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more or any MobiHand store.

Best,
    Ani.
    05-19-09 11:29 PM
    And the new version only gives you a pop-up notification of the orientation lock once, even through battery pulls. Loving this app.
    05-20-09 01:55 AM
    I try to send from the mobihand web the update 2.0.8 to my BB by mail, but they send my a link with the previous version 2.0.7!

How can I get the 2.0.8?
    05-20-09 05:10 AM
    I try to send from the mobihand web the update 2.0.8 to my BB by mail, but they send my a link with the previous version 2.0.7!

How can I get the 2.0.8?
    I'm also having the same problem
    05-20-09 08:03 AM
    ditto for me
    05-20-09 08:16 AM
    Do what we all did late night, DL the trial from their homepage Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more. Then once the trial runs out in X many days, just put in your liscense key you got.

I didn't want to wait for them to properly upload Mobihand and CB appstore, as both still say 2.0.7 still
    05-20-09 08:22 AM
    Do what we all did late night, DL the trial from their homepage Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more. Then once the trial runs out in X many days, just put in your liscense key you got.

I didn't want to wait for them to properly upload Mobihand and CB appstore, as both still say 2.0.7 still
    Yep, I saw that thread a little bit after I posted and did that How long is the trial anyway?
    05-20-09 08:27 AM
    Anyone want to guess at the "critical" component update Ani states that this version fixes. I wasn't having any issues with the old version.
    05-20-09 08:42 AM

How can I get the 2.0.8?
    Same here....
    05-20-09 08:48 AM
    How long is the trial anyway?
    I originally got the trial on May 12, liked it and purchased since it was on sale. Today when I went to MemoPad (which I have locked in portrait), I received a message that my trial had expired (even though I have since purchased) and had to enter the activation code. So the trial was 8 days for me.
    05-20-09 09:45 AM
    For anyone wanting the new version, click this link on your B, not your computer.

Empower Interactive
    05-20-09 10:01 AM
    For anyone wanting the new version, click this link on your B, not your computer.

Empower Interactive
    I finally went there to update mine, but before that I contacted the app store (CB/Mobihand) about the issue. They just sent me an email with a link to download, and it's still the previous version. So for right now, the link provided above (the developer's site) appears to be the only way to get this update.
    05-20-09 12:45 PM
    Hi Ani,

Downloaded the new version. I think there is a bug. When I open contacts and press the keyboard icon (lower left corner), the keyboard doesn't pop up. I deleted the new version and re-installed the older version and the problem was not there. The same bug may be present with other apps - I've only tried it with contacts. Great job.
    05-20-09 01:24 PM
    AHHHHHHHHHHH, I have Storm Rotation Wizard. lol. Come on, get with the program and get us an update that does this as well.
    05-20-09 01:29 PM
    Hi Ani,

Downloaded the new version. I think there is a bug. When I open contacts and press the keyboard icon (lower left corner), the keyboard doesn't pop up. I deleted the new version and re-installed the older version and the problem was not there. The same bug may be present with other apps - I've only tried it with contacts. Great job.
    FWIW, I'm not having that issue. It may be specific to your OS. Which OS are you running?
    05-20-09 01:43 PM
    Can stoptilt lock the music player in portrait?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 01:48 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD