I just found a little app that will list the active applications on the storm (can find it here http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...0/#post1419662). How do I kill an active application?
    03-01-09 09:08 PM
    You don't need another app to find which apps are running. If you hold down the bb key it will show all running apps. First highlight the app you want to close and press enter. After the app opens, press the bb key and go to close.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 09:38 PM
    You don't need another app to find which apps are running. If you hold down the bb key it will show all running apps. First highlight the app you want to close and press enter. After the app opens, press the bb key and go to close.

holding down the BB key does not show me all running apps
    03-01-09 10:02 PM
    Pressing and holding the BB button on the Storm will definitely bring up a floating, scrollable window showing all running apps. If yours does not, you need a battery pull at least.
    03-01-09 10:22 PM
    i thought those were just recently opened apps. I went and closed all individually, then pressed the BB button again and they still show up.
    03-02-09 12:34 AM
    holding down the BB key does not show me all running apps
    It should bring up the app switcher screen. It will not show all of the apps at once on the bar, you need to scroll through the bar to see the rest. You can also press the bb key and select switch application to bring up the same screen.

03-02-09 12:46 AM
    i thought those were just recently opened apps. I went and closed all individually, then pressed the BB button again and they still show up.
    If the apps that you tried to close were BlackBerry Messenger, Browser, Home Screen, Messages or Phone, they will always remain in the list since they can't be closed completely.

03-02-09 12:50 AM
    If the apps that you tried to close were BlackBerry Messenger, Browser, Home Screen, Messages or Phone, they will always remain in the list since they can't be closed completely.

Google Talk is always on this list for me as well...and I go to it and click the BB key and click on close and it still shows up along with those other 5 default applications.
    03-02-09 01:55 AM
    Google Talk is always on this list for me as well...and I go to it and click the BB key and click on close and it still shows up along with those other 5 default applications.
    Any of your IM applications you need to Sign Out or Disconnect first before it'll close.
    03-02-09 02:05 AM
    Alt+Esc shows me the running apps on my Bold.
    03-02-09 05:35 AM
    There is a option that allows you to do thAT

03-02-09 06:00 AM

For some reason my internet browser has shows.. I've tried opening from the list and closing it from the menu but its still there. Any suggestions?
    03-02-09 08:23 AM
    For some reason, my Application Center will not close. Any ideas?
    03-16-09 12:29 PM
    For some reason, my Application Center will not close. Any ideas?
    Auto-refresh is probably turned on.
    03-16-09 01:34 PM
    Auto-refresh is probably turned on.
    open app center, then bb, then uncheck auto refresh. you will have to pull the batt for that to take effect. if you go into app center after this, you may be asked if you want to turn on auto update. just select no.
    03-16-09 01:41 PM

Those are only the visible applications. It is quite easy for an application to be designed to not show an icon in the application switcher when it is running.
    03-16-09 01:45 PM
    It is quite easy for an application to be designed to not show an icon in the application switcher when it is running.
    Conversely, some apps are designed to show an icon in the app switcher but have no Close/Exit menu option. So, I also would like to know if there's a "task manager" app from which you can kill running apps.
    03-16-09 02:22 PM
    Those are only the visible applications. It is quite easy for an application to be designed to not show an icon in the application switcher when it is running.
    hmmm um no not really...
    03-16-09 02:50 PM
    App Swithcer Works For Me
    03-16-09 03:26 PM
    hmmm um no not really...
    Yes, really.
    03-16-09 09:21 PM
    Conversely, some apps are designed to show an icon in the app switcher but have no Close/Exit menu option. So, I also would like to know if there's a "task manager" app from which you can kill running apps.
    No, unfortunately. One application cannot kill another, most likely for security reasons.
    03-16-09 09:22 PM
    You have to SIGN OUT and then close the app or it will still run. I guarantee if you make sure to SIG OUT first, THEN close, they will completely close and disappear from hold-blackberry window.
    03-16-09 10:56 PM

*sigh* this is something I have to do EVERY time a roommate or friend plays with my storm....
    03-16-09 11:04 PM
    Thanks everybody!
    03-17-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD