I just received my Storm last Friday, and I realized that this Blackberry model is not belong to me (especially the typing style). I don't have any complain about the quality of the phone, just change my mind after 3 days using the Storm.

Now, I am planning to sell my phone to eBay, and terminate my contract with Verizon after 30 days. Or return my phone to Verizon and take my money back.

I strongly know that I have to pay for the ETF, but I don't know how much I have to pay for the extra fees beside the ETF? I need all the advise from you guys, and I would appreciate any words below here.
    12-08-08 09:34 PM
    You can't keep a phone and cancel a contract after a few days. Why sell it on ebay and then have to deal with paying for the phone from Verizon?
    12-08-08 09:37 PM
    I just received my Storm last Friday, and I realized that this Blackberry model is not belong to me (especially the typing style). I don't have any complain about the quality of the phone, just change my mind after 3 days using the Storm.

Now, I am planning to sell my phone to eBay, and terminate my contract with Verizon after 30 days. Or return my phone to Verizon and take my money back.

I strongly know that I have to pay for the ETF, but I don't know how much I have to pay for the extra fees beside the ETF? I need all the advise from you guys, and I would appreciate any words below here.
    Count on paying full retail for the phone. If you cancel service within your 30 days you will be charged the ETF but credited back the amount. You will be responsible for any charges that exceeded your min/txt plan.
    12-08-08 09:39 PM
    After 30 days you can terminate the contract for 175$ and that should be it. They might find some way to charge you more but that should be your only fee.
    12-08-08 09:41 PM
    I am still confuse. Any VZW Rep here?
    12-08-08 09:59 PM
    After 30 days you can terminate the contract for 175$ and that should be it. They might find some way to charge you more but that should be your only fee.
    I'd think they'd also charge him the difference between full retail and whatever he paid for the phone itself, no? The Storm is $250 only with a 2 yr contract.
    12-08-08 10:02 PM
    I'd think they'd also charge him the difference between full retail and whatever he paid for the phone itself, no? The Storm is $250 only with a 2 yr contract.
    I think you are correct. Verizon is not going to just let the phone go for ETF price!
    12-08-08 10:06 PM
    i agree will probably be chargerd full price of phone
    12-08-08 10:07 PM
    I think you are correct. Verizon is not going to just let the phone go for ETF price!

it all depends on what is in the contract you sign.. At some point the extra charge has to be gone..

after all it is a 175 etf fee...

I don't know the length of time when they don't charge full retail but if you have your service for a year and pay the etf you don't get back charged on the phone..

so at some point there is a cutoff.
    12-08-08 10:13 PM
    You would have to sell the phone for more than the retail price to make any coin....even with the delay of new Storms shipping.
    12-08-08 10:13 PM
    Are you past the 14 days or whatever it is? If you're still within that time period just return it and you don't pay anything for the phone.
    12-08-08 10:18 PM
    You will be charged the difference of what you paid and $499 plus tax + the rebate amount if you got one (Full Retail), no ETF. That is only within the first 30 days. I do work there
    12-08-08 10:19 PM
    On the phone with verizon......this is getting good.
    12-08-08 10:25 PM
    No carrier charges an ETF and the difference from the price you paid to the price at full retail. I don't know where all these rumors are coming from lately on here (there have been a few threads on this topic saying the same thing over the last week or so). You pay the ETF plus any usage fees (the monthly rate and overages if you have any) - that's it.

The ETF is because of the subsidized phone price. That is why they all now prorate the ETF as you near the end of the contract.
    12-08-08 10:27 PM
    As I said, I activated my phone on Dec. 5 and just 3 days passed. I will go to VZW local store tomorrow ...
    12-08-08 10:27 PM
    No carrier charges an ETF and the difference from the price you paid to the price at full retail. I don't know where all these rumors are coming from lately on here (there have been a few threads on this topic saying the same thing over the last week or so). You pay the ETF plus any usage fees (the monthly rate and overages if you have any) - that's it.

The ETF is because of the subsidized phone price. That is why they all now prorate the ETF as you near the end of the contract.

Don't know if this is in reference to what I said, But I did say "no ETF," plus I just asked one of the store managers, that is what they told me
    12-08-08 10:31 PM
    As I said, I activated my phone on Dec. 5 and just 3 days passed. I will go to VZW local store tomorrow ...
    Don't go tomorrow go on Jan 6th!

Wait your 30 days then you will be charged $175 and that is it.

You paid $250 (2 yr agreement price) plus the $175 ETF That is $375 total.

If you cancel the service within the 30 days you are not charged ETF but if you keep the phone you will be charged full retail.

In the long run you aren't gonna make a whole lot of money, not after cost of phone, ETF and bb plan for that 30 days.
    12-08-08 10:40 PM

In the long run you aren't gonna make a whole lot of money, not after cost of phone, ETF and bb plan for that 30 days.
    Thanks Jedi, but can you explain more for this fact?
    12-08-08 10:55 PM
    Yea they are not going to charge you an ETF and the full retail of the phone. Speaking from experience. So if you really want to sell your storm just wait the 30 days and pay the ETF. If not just return it and get a full refund. Either way you're not going to pay the ETF and the full retail for the phone. If that's the case then whst's the point of the ETF

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 11:00 PM
    Thanks Jedi, but can you explain more for this fact?

$250 (2 yr pricing)
    $175 (ETF)
    + $90 (Lowest Phone Plan + Data Plan)

= $515

What would you sell the phone for and to whom? This is not like the Wii or
    PS3. No one is going to pay an arm and a leg for a slightly used Storm. Not with 2 weeks left of backorder issues.
    Last edited by Jedi_Blackberry; 12-08-08 at 11:07 PM.
    12-08-08 11:04 PM
    Yea they are not going to charge you an ETF and the full retail of the phone. Speaking from experience. So if you really want to sell your storm just wait the 30 days and pay the ETF. If not just return it and get a full refund. Either way you're not going to pay the ETF and the full retail for the phone. If that's the case then whst's the point of the ETF

I was definitely wrong in my earlier post. I learned something new today.
    12-08-08 11:06 PM
    1) If you cancel within the first 30 days - you will not get charged an ETF BUT you are expected to return the phone - otherwise they charge you for the full phone (minus what you already paid) (500 - 250) = 250

2) If you cancel after the trial period you do not have to pay for the phone but you will pay your first months service plus the ETF.(80 + 175) = 255

either way you paid 250 and you will be charged another 250-260 for a total of 500-510. - you are not going to make a huge profit - why bother.

3) If you return it you are out usage plus 35 restocking.
    12-08-08 11:08 PM
    $250 (2 yr pricing)
    $175 (ETF)
    + $90 (Lowest Phone Plan + Data Plan)

= $515

What would you sell the phone for and to whom? This is not like the Wii or
    PS3. No one is going to pay an arm and a leg for a slightly used Storm. Not with 2 weeks left of backorder issues.
    I will receive a brand new retail box (guarantee) next monday, and I think I can sell that one with an acceptable price.

By the way, how about if I return my phone within 14 days? Will I be charged for any expense?
    12-08-08 11:11 PM
    1) If you cancel within the first 30 days - you will not get charged an ETF BUT you are expected to return the phone - otherwise they charge you for the full phone (minus what you already paid) (500 - 250) = 250

2) If you cancel after the trial period you do not have to pay for the phone but you will pay your first months service plus the ETF.(80 + 175) = 255

either way you paid 250 and you will be charged another 250-260 for a total of 500-510. - you are not going to make a huge profit - why bother.

3) If you return it you are out usage plus 35 restocking.
    Agree. Why not just return the storm and see if there's a phone that's better for you. If not just keep the storm because its an awesome device and you're spending all this money either way you look at it.

12-08-08 11:13 PM
    Why not use the program that Verizon offers that allows you to end a contract in 30 days because you are not satisfied with the service . Give the phone back you have a buyers remorse clause written in thw contract
    That gives 14 days to change your mind with no penalty

12-08-08 11:18 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD