Can someone please help me here. I am a new Storm owner but a longtime BB user and I am stumped by the Storm email notification. I get a ton of emails and I cannot get the Storm to stop vibrating on every new email. I have gone into Sounds --> Set RT alerts --> msgs --> email, and set Volume to SILENT, and vibration OFF. However, the Storm just keeps on vibrating on every email. Sometimes it gets a batch of email at one time and i think it is going to vibrate itself to pieces. Am i missing some other place to control email alerts or am I dealing with yet another BB bug?
    12-18-08 12:11 PM
    I had to create a custom profile for alerts and use that. After I started using the custom profile everything I set worked fine.
    12-18-08 12:12 PM
    If I recall, the only profile you can edit is "Normal" (in addition to custom ones). So if you're on Silent or Vibrate profiles, editing won't change those.
    12-18-08 12:23 PM
    Thanks, I just tried it and it worked. Weird, it lets you set the vibration and alerts but I guess they are not actually used by the profiles.
    12-18-08 12:24 PM
    Yeah - thought that was weird too.
    12-18-08 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD