I recently had an error code, 5xx...can't remember now....and Storm2 wouldn't start. Connected to DM, pulled cable in & out and was able to reload OS. Already had .607 before.
    Since then, 2 things are really annoying:
    1. DM constantly wants to upgrade/reload to .607 during sync, but I already have it.
    2. I cannot find/remember how I removed the "Accept or Decline" options to confirm sync changes. I just want it to do it without asking.
    05-09-10 06:50 AM
    OK, found the CONFIRM settings for the sync:
    DM
    Sync
    Advanced
    Uncheck CONFIRM buttons

Still don't know why the DM wants to update my up-to-date Core Applications.
    05-10-10 08:13 PM
    its a well known glitch with DM. Just hitting cancel is the best option when it happens
    05-10-10 08:22 PM
    I spent some time trying to find a way to disable this "feature" by disabling DLL files, looking at registry switches, etc.

Unfortunately the functionality is hard coded into Desktop Manager and Loader.

The only way to avoid it completely is to not have a device OS loaded on your PC and disconnect from the internet before tethering your storm to the PC.

You get used to the 15 seconds of your life lost each time you connect
    05-11-10 07:53 AM
    Just remove the OS from pc. Control panel - add/remove programs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 08:31 AM
    I had this happen to me too, so went to blackberry.com and used the online DM via activex plugin and updated my os and dm on my machine and it stopped complaining.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD