I got the idea from a post on Texts From Last Night where a guy said there should be a blackberry app that keeps you from texting your father while drunk. And I agree, it would be a good idea to have an app where you can flag a contact that asks you if you're SURE you want to text certain people after a certain time, or make sure you want to text certain people, period. I have a few people on my contact list that I often mix up and it'd be nice to be able to put a stop to that.

So it has drunk and sober uses
    05-26-09 09:04 PM
    I doubt you would click no if it asks you when your drunk. It wouldnt prevent you from doing a thing haha.
    05-26-09 09:43 PM
    I doubt you would click no if it asks you when your drunk. It wouldnt prevent you from doing a thing haha.
    It could implement some sort of puzzle or maze using the accelerometer that a drunk person would have trouble completing.
    05-27-09 01:08 AM
    yea, or some simple math problems.... i believe google mail has something like this you can enable to prevent drunk emailing haha.
    05-27-09 01:19 AM
    A lock on the whole phone would be amazing.. I think Virgin Mobile offers a service for a "Small Fee" which is similar.

I would pay money for this app.. I'm 22.. Plenty of Ex's.. Single.. Find myself at the bar quite a bit, and tend not to remember nights.

I've had god knows how many texts from people saying "What?", "No I don't want to do that with you," and etc..

Someone please make this app! (Hey, maybe even lock the whole phone?)
    05-27-09 01:19 AM
    Leave your phone at home

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 01:47 AM
    Make a longer password on your phone and chances are you probably won't be able to type it in if you're beyond the texting capacity.
    05-27-09 01:54 AM
    A phone lock which requires you to solve a mathematical equation in less than 10 seconds would work.
    05-27-09 04:44 AM
    A lock on the whole phone would be amazing.. I think Virgin Mobile offers a service for a "Small Fee" which is similar.

I would pay money for this app.. I'm 22.. Plenty of Ex's.. Single.. Find myself at the bar quite a bit, and tend not to remember nights.

I've had god knows how many texts from people saying "What?", "No I don't want to do that with you," and etc..

Someone please make this app! (Hey, maybe even lock the whole phone?)

how would you call for a taxi to get a safe ride home..
    05-27-09 04:54 AM
    Nearest taxi service is 45 minutes away. Nearest bar worth going to is 15 miles away. We designate a DD.

I live in a very little town. Theres 600 People in my "village". We don't have any stoplights. Let alone a taxi service. lol.
    05-27-09 09:59 AM
    Leave your phone at home

I agree although this idea and all of the other ideas to add on would be pretty cool, Id rather leave my phone at home especially if I know Im going out to get drunk, to many bad things can happen when your drunk, your phone could get stolen, you could leave it somewhere, you could break it, or as Ive heard here before you can spill beer on it. I wouldnt want that happening to my phone.

But I do like the idea of the puzzle before you text, no drunk person would be able to complete a puzzle.
    05-27-09 10:05 AM
    This is the best idea ever. Seriously.

Someone please code this.
    05-27-09 10:08 AM
    Duhhhh, just drive home!

JK JK JK. I would never do this. Just wanted a cheap laugh.
    05-27-09 12:13 PM
    I got the idea from a post on Texts From Last Night where a guy said there should be a blackberry app that keeps you from texting your father while drunk. And I agree, it would be a good idea to have an app where you can flag a contact that asks you if you're SURE you want to text certain people after a certain time, or make sure you want to text certain people, period. I have a few people on my contact list that I often mix up and it'd be nice to be able to put a stop to that.

So it has drunk and sober uses
    Ahhh yes I remember that entry:
    (703): Blackberries need to come with a feature that disables texting to certain numbers after 2am based on content. like disabling texting to 'dad' containng the words 'lets try to find more blow.'
    05-27-09 12:15 PM
    ^^ Yes

You beat me to the punch ahaha
    05-27-09 02:18 PM
    Nearest taxi service is 45 minutes away. Nearest bar worth going to is 15 miles away. We designate a DD.

I live in a very little town. Theres 600 People in my "village". We don't have any stoplights. Let alone a taxi service. lol.

ahh my bad haha - Just got me curious
    05-27-09 03:19 PM
    I could seriously read that site for hours.

(631): I know you are passed out now but when you wake up in the morning your keys are in the freezer and your probly gunna want to apologize to your gf...
    (253): Some guy with no shirt on and his pants undone informed us he was kicked out of the cab
    (253): I asked him why, and he had absolutely no idea.
    05-27-09 04:54 PM
    ahh my bad haha - Just got me curious
    Haha don't worry. I moved to Gulf Shores, Alabama for a few months.. A few of my friends said lets just call a cab.. I'm like Excuse me? We need a DD. They said no.. And thought I was weird because I never called a cab.

We called the cab and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world.. Where I'm going to go to finish my last year of my bachelors has a 3 dollar cab for any wheres in the town.. That should be very nice.

Still will need the phone lock thingy though..

It would be great if you can set it for only a few numbers you can contact, as a safety precaution. Like, 911, An ex girlfriend of your choice, possibly roomate/cab service lol, someone who doesn't drink, list could go on and on.
    05-27-09 05:11 PM
    It would be great if you can set it for only a few numbers you can contact, as a safety precaution. Like, 911, An ex girlfriend of your choice, possibly roomate/cab service lol, someone who doesn't drink, list could go on and on.
    Well, my original idea was to be kinda the opposite of what people are suggesting. While blocking all texting and such would be cool, my original idea was to only block texting / calling to certain flagged contacts. EX: Flag dad, mom, ex-gf, and I can call / text / regret a lot of things that don't involve those three, thus allowing you to call a cab, call a room mate, but keeping you from getting in any trouble.

Also, I don't know about most people, but when I'm drunk I don't have issues with texting somebody I probably shouldn't on purpose, it's usually that I accidentally added the wrong person to the "To:" spot, and I just want it to say "Whoa there drunkie, you said not to text this person while drunk. Are you SURE?!" and then realizing "Wow, I never realized 'Allison' and 'Mom' look alot alike while drunk"
    05-27-09 07:49 PM
    Well, my original idea was to be kinda the opposite of what people are suggesting. While blocking all texting and such would be cool, my original idea was to only block texting / calling to certain flagged contacts. EX: Flag dad, mom, ex-gf, and I can call / text / regret a lot of things that don't involve those three, thus allowing you to call a cab, call a room mate, but keeping you from getting in any trouble.

Also, I don't know about most people, but when I'm drunk I don't have issues with texting somebody I probably shouldn't on purpose, it's usually that I accidentally added the wrong person to the "To:" spot, and I just want it to say "Whoa there drunkie, you said not to text this person while drunk. Are you SURE?!" and then realizing "Wow, I never realized 'Allison' and 'Mom' look alot alike while drunk"
    haha yeah. I've had that one.. For the ex of your choice, so you Can Text/Call for a late night wrastle..

This app would save from waking up every weekend with the taste of shame and the well to known, "Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to say that".
    05-27-09 08:00 PM
    Haha don't worry. I moved to Gulf Shores, Alabama for a few months.. A few of my friends said lets just call a cab.. I'm like Excuse me? We need a DD. They said no.. And thought I was weird because I never called a cab.

We called the cab and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world.. Where I'm going to go to finish my last year of my bachelors has a 3 dollar cab for any wheres in the town.. That should be very nice.

Still will need the phone lock thingy though..

I personally don't drink so I have been DD many times.. but its still nice sometimes to just get a cab to not put miles on the car go have a good time and everyone gets home safe and can repeat it the following weekend
    05-27-09 08:09 PM
    This would be great haha. Someone should make this, soon

05-27-09 10:21 PM
    They should incorporate a breathalyzer in the mic. Wait, then I'd never be able to make a call after 11AM...
    05-27-09 10:42 PM
    PatternLock works for this...

set overly complex pattern, and set lockout at 2 failed attempts. Lockout for like, 30 mins.. that way, you still have some hope. haha

good luck getting it right when your wasted
    05-27-09 11:42 PM
    This would be great haha. Someone should make this, soon

Ha yeah.. It would be even better if it would autolog onto a site... So you can read other people's drunk misfortunes. It would be better from Textsfromlastnight.

I would be a star on that site I think.
    05-27-09 11:47 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD