On Saturday night, I attended my brother's bachelor party. We headed downtown KC to hit some clubs and bars. I had planned to switch cases before the evening began, but forgot about it. While in one club (which easily had 100+ people) I reached for my S2. Low and behold, it wasn't attached to the holster anymore. The only reason I freaked was because there were several of us in different areas and the party bus who us brought down would send a text to alert us when it was time to go. I spent a few minutes looking around for it, when I realized it would be a lost cause. Too many people, and the dark lighting conditions. None of the DJs or employees said no one turned in the phone. No big deal. As I was leaving with my party, an employee said someone turned in a phone. I went back into the club where a DJ handed me my S2 without the Otterbox. I kinda laughed and looked the device over. You would have figured a broken screen or something. No damage at all.
    05-03-10 10:05 AM
    Wow I bet if they would have asked you for the case you would have easily given it to them considering you were getting your phone back...Well you still lucked out.
    05-03-10 10:08 AM
    I think this could be a testimonial on the OtterBox site..."They liked the case so much they left the phone!"

Glad to hear you got your phone back though.
    05-03-10 10:24 AM
    I think this could be a testimonial on the OtterBox site..."They liked the case so much they left the phone!"

who knows...for advertisement like that, they may even send you a new one for free. Never know.
    05-03-10 11:02 AM
    Thats funny, better to buy a new Otterbox then a new phone,

BKVic
    05-03-10 04:16 PM
    Totally agree. It is better to buy a new otterbox than a new phone. Had my phone stolen last month. :-P
    05-04-10 09:23 AM
    Very weird. You never know. I once had my truck broken into and they stole all kinds of weird stuff. Left a pile of cash and credit cards and an expensive radio untouched.
    05-04-10 09:45 AM
    Wow, that's extremely lucky. Glad that you got your phone back.
    05-04-10 09:57 AM
    Maybe people are starting to catch on that a stolen BB is useless...
    05-04-10 10:49 AM
    Maybe people are starting to catch on that a stolen BB is useless...
    Haha, or maybe the guy already had an S2 and really just wanted the case...he was down on his luck, didn't have the cash to buy an otterbox but just wanted one sooo bad.

or maybe he thought the otterbox was some clever disguise for the new apple phone prototype and he just wanted to see what the look of the new iPho...oh, too soon?
    05-04-10 11:46 AM
    Was the Otterbox insured? :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 12:06 PM
    I lost my S2 at club once with one day old Otterbox. I called them and they sent me a new one. I just simply told them my bb got stolen and do you cover it? And she mumble something and just said it will be there in a few days and will email you the tracking number and order

05-04-10 01:55 PM
    Better the case than the device.
    05-04-10 01:57 PM
    Shows how good a reputation the Storms have!
    05-04-10 06:45 PM
    Shows how good a reputation the Storms have!
    They stole a case that will only fit on a storm genius...

Lol.

A stolen blackberry is about as useful as a paperweight.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-04-10 06:53 PM

Funny part about that statement for me is that I couldn't stand the otter box and gave it away to a friend and got myself a Platinum Perfect case at Best Buy instead.

Hate bulky cases.

05-04-10 06:58 PM
    I lost my S2 at club once with one day old Otterbox. I called them and they sent me a new one. I just simply told them my bb got stolen and do you cover it? And she mumble something and just said it will be there in a few days and will email you the tracking number and order

Hmmmm, I'll try that. If it doesn't work, I'll just buy it again no biggie.
    05-04-10 08:44 PM

Hate bulky cases.

I'm not a fan of the bulk either, which is why I planned on switching cases before going out. But the fact of the matter is, I work in some harsh enviroments and I have dropped it many times. Even though I don't technically own the phone, I still want to keep it nice. Each time it's been dropped from various heights (most recently 20-25 feet) the only visible damage has been to the case itself.
    05-04-10 08:49 PM
    Thats a crazy story but on the up side I found an otterbox case when i was over in the midwest for vacation not long ago for the S2 If you would like to buy it from me. It doesnt have a holster but I think you would like it anyways. Lets say $35?
    05-05-10 12:54 AM
    Wow you had some luck there.
    05-05-10 01:16 AM
    yeah otter is really good at replacing their products. I have had my defender case for a few weeks and noticed a crack on the holster where the phone locks in and called this afternoon during a break while at work and by the time I was heading home I had an email with my shipment notification for my free replacement holster. They stand by their product and if something is wrong they fix it. Love the otter
    05-07-10 11:18 PM
    Contact Otterbox, I have no doubt they will replace your case, they are extremely good that way. Plus like others said your story would made great copy for them.
    05-07-10 11:41 PM
    This is a funny story, but I am just waiting for the Droid and iPhone fanbois to come in and start screaming "even the THIEVES don't want it!" :: sigh ::

Seriously though, you really have to wonder about this. Could be the thief had an S1 or 2 him/herself (or realized that phones often have security/tracking features built in) or something else?
    05-07-10 11:58 PM
    They stole a case that will only fit on a storm genius...

Lol.

A stolen blackberry is about as useful as a paperweight.
    Maybe he knew he could sell the case. MONG!
    05-08-10 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD