So i'm trying to upgrade to .103 blah blah blah, well I've tried deleting the vendor .xml file, unplugging the internet and all that and BBM still says "no software update is require for your device" WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?!?!?!?!?! this is extremely irritating.

It weird because the first time I updates to a leaked OS it went of with out a hitch.

WHAT AM I MISSING??

i've search and found nothing at all that works
    02-12-09 12:22 AM
    So i'm trying to upgrade to .103 blah blah blah, well I've tried deleting the vendor .xml file, unplugging the internet and all that and BBM still says "no software update is require for your device" WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?!?!?!?!?! this is extremely irritating.

It weird because the first time I updates to a leaked OS it went of with out a hitch.

WHAT AM I MISSING??

i've search and found nothing at all that works
    This was happening to me earlier today and i was getting frustrated to because I had completely wiped my phone and i thought i had a permanent brick

I'm no expert on why it worked but I will tell you what I did that worked

After trying a ton of different things to get it to work i just did this...
    I first installed .75 on my completely wiped phone
    After that i completely uninstalled Desktop Manager, and all installed OS's in add/remove programs in windows
    Then I went on BBerry website and downloaded and installed desktop manager 4.6
    Disconnected from the internet...
    Went to app loader
    And it worked
    02-12-09 12:49 AM
    Can you try it on a different computer? I know it sounds weird but I can never get it work on my desktop, but it always works on my laptop.
    02-12-09 11:23 AM
    Use Apploader if you are not already....
    02-12-09 01:44 PM
    go to apploader(same place you deleted vendor.xml file) and use the loader.exe and that should do it.
    02-12-09 01:57 PM
    I've been having the same problem with both methods -- loader.exe dpesn't work for me either. With loader.exe I get a screen that says "No actions are required".

HELP! I've updated to each new OS as they've come out with no problems until now and there's got to be an easier way than pjdell's solution above (although thank you pjdell for posting that)...
    02-12-09 02:19 PM
    try deleting EVERYTHING (well not your bb back up files). uninstall everything that's blackberry related off of your comp. redownload desktop or apploader. then run the .103 setup. after that it should be good to go. I had the same issues that you mentioned above. it took about an extra 15 minutes to uninstall, restart, install. restart then load...but so worth it.
    02-12-09 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD