Please be easy on me for asking this question. I really want to get the storm even willing to buy it out right from verizon if need be.

My only concern is maybe like others is this phone getting better or does all the problems out way worth getting it now. I have a curve and like the blackberrys as a whole. Really like the looks of the storm and all but just am on the edge buy it or not. I really don't have the time to take the phone back and forth 5 - 10 times to get one that clicks or has no dust etc.

Do you feel RIM is really trying to get this fixed soon? I heard Bold still has issues and that has been out for sometime.

Let me know what your thoughts are please.
    01-17-09 11:26 PM
    Please be easy on me for asking this question. I really want to get the storm even willing to buy it out right from verizon if need be.

My only concern is maybe like others is this phone getting better or does all the problems out way worth getting it now. I have a curve and like the blackberrys as a whole. Really like the looks of the storm and all but just am on the edge buy it or not. I really don't have the time to take the phone back and forth 5 - 10 times to get one that clicks or has no dust etc.

Do you feel RIM is really trying to get this fixed soon? I heard Bold still has issues and that has been out for sometime.

I went from the Curve to the Storm and have no regrets what so ever, I got my Storm about a week after the release and don't have any issues with dust or restarts or battery life......I know five other people with the Storm and they haven't had any issues either
    Last edited by diana; 01-17-09 at 11:39 PM.
    01-17-09 11:31 PM
    I've been using it for work since 11/24. Thousands of calls, thousands of emails with very little issue.

Could it be "better"? Sure, but there aren't any "show stopper" bugs for me in .85
    01-17-09 11:34 PM
    Thanks I really want to get this I am thinking on going next Tuesday on my day off to get it? I just want to make the right choice.
    01-17-09 11:36 PM
    is .85 the newest release now that comes from verizon. Really don't want to deal with a leaked version that I have read I guess can cause more problems??
    01-17-09 11:37 PM
    .75 is the newest "official" version from Verizon.
    01-17-09 11:40 PM
    I made the switch from the 8830 to the storm and am lovin' it! Even when I first heard about the storm months before, I knew I wanted it.

The transition from a real keyboard to a virtual keyboard was the hardest adjustment but all it takes is a bit a patience.

If you feel you can be patient and hold out for the best in future OS releases then the storm will be a good investment.

Honestly, you may have to partake in exchanges/replacements to get the storm that is just right for you. If you are, at the bat, not willing to do this, I say stick with the curve and wait it out.

I'm on my 4th storm since launch day and was very patient and even nonchalant in my exchanges. I just saw it as no big deal.
    01-17-09 11:41 PM
    Thanks for the info folks I appreciate it all.
    When you did your exchanges did you just take it back to the store you got it at like a Corperate store or did you do the exchange over the phone and have them fedex it to you.
    Just wondering is VZW that easy to do an exchange on these or do you get a hassle
    01-17-09 11:45 PM
    Your asking this question in the wrong place lol. Anyone who was not happy with their storm, probably isnt surfing this forum. So you will get a thread with mostly biased opinions.

I will spare you the details of my own frustrations, and just say that i dont think it will be ironed out anytime soon. Id say no less than a few months

everyone will say how they are really cranking out updates, etc. But the truth is they arent. They have only released ONE official update, and it comes packed with a lot of bugs. Upgrading to leaked versions may or may not help you, it didnt help me.

I just cannot have a phone that locks up often, or requires battery pulls many times per day. Again, everyone on here will say this isnt the case with theirs ... so whatever, i guess i was just alone with these issues maybe lol.
    01-17-09 11:52 PM
    Use the 30-day remorse period, no questions asked.

You'll be glad you took the leap.
    01-17-09 11:52 PM

I have had it for over a week. No problems no need to pull battery. Works quite fast. Very little lag going from portrait to landscape.
    01-18-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD