Anyone else in the same boat?

The whole thing about your number ending in a particular digit has been debunked and so has any geographical thing...so what gives?

I'm like a freaking 10 year old Christmas morning over here....oh and I can't do it via DM because I have a Mac....
    05-31-09 10:31 PM
    you got to be on .075 to get the ota
    05-31-09 10:32 PM
    Anyone else in the same boat?

The whole thing about your number ending in a particular digit has been debunked and so has any geographical thing...so what gives?

I'm like a freaking 10 year old Christmas morning over here....oh and I can't do it via DM because I have a Mac....
    What OS are you currently running?
    05-31-09 10:33 PM
    I'm still on .75...I never downloaded any of the leaked OSs...
    05-31-09 10:34 PM
    Is it just saying "no update available" or are you getting any kind of error? Have you tried a battery pull before checking for updates?
    05-31-09 10:38 PM
    I'm in same boat.

Never downloaded a leak. Here in Southern California and the update doesn't appear over OTA.

I don't feel confident in using the DM and not messing up my work e-mail settings...

Maybe it'll come overnight.

Edit - It's just saying "no update available" when I check for updates.
    05-31-09 10:39 PM
    Is it just saying "no update available" or are you getting any kind of error? Have you tried a battery pull before checking for updates?
    I tried a battery pull about 90 minutes ago. Not getting an error message, just keeps saying that no updates are available...honestly, I'm just being a really big baby! Lol!
    05-31-09 10:40 PM
    I'm not sure what to tell you guys again. So far I have not seen one person running a leak that was able to update OTA. But neither of you are running leaks. The las digit of the phone number thing supposedly only applied to the "poke", manual updates are still supposed to go through.

The only 2 things I can think of, you won't be able to do anything about:

1. They really are restricting the OTA update, but it's not by phone number it's some other number, maybe the IMEI number or something

2. Because the servers are getting hit so hard they are denying some connections.

If you're on a Mac, you can't do the DM update, unless you can run Windows with Parallels or Bootcamp or something. I'm a PC, not a Mac, can't help you there.

Sorry guys.
    05-31-09 10:49 PM
    I'm in same boat.

Never downloaded a leak. Here in Southern California and the update doesn't appear over OTA.

I don't feel confident in using the DM and not messing up my work e-mail settings...

When you say work e-mail, are you on a BES? If so, you may have a policy set by your admins preventing OTA update. You should be getting the update from your BES.
    05-31-09 10:50 PM
    I'm in same boat.

Also in So.Cal. with "no update available". Running .122. Phone # ends in 8.
    05-31-09 10:52 PM
    In S FL

"no update available" here either

Also DM does not work.

Verizon's website offers .75

WTH????
    05-31-09 11:01 PM
    When you say work e-mail, are you on a BES? If so, you may have a policy set by your admins preventing OTA update. You should be getting the update from your BES.
    I have to admit that I don't know what a BES is. It's a phone that was set up for me by my work IT department so I'm thinking you may be correct.

I'll ask at work tomorrow, thanks.
    05-31-09 11:01 PM
    I have to admit that I don't know what a BES is. It's a phone that was set up for me by my work IT department so I'm thinking you may be correct.

I'll ask at work tomorrow, thanks.
    Yup, you're on a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server). They may have a policy set on your phone to prevent OTA updates.
    05-31-09 11:04 PM
    In S FL

"no update available" here either

Also DM does not work.

Verizon's website offers .75

WTH????
    From what I've read, the stand-alone installer won't be available from the VZW web site until the OTA roll out is complete in about 11 days. Today is day 1.

Are you currently running .75, or a leak or hybrid?
    05-31-09 11:06 PM
    Also in So.Cal. with "no update available". Running .122. Phone # ends in 8.
    I saw your other post. So far I have not encountered a single user running on a leak or hybrid that was able to update OTA.

Web-based DM update may be your only option for now. Or you can use the leaked installer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/le...9530-a-231483/
    05-31-09 11:08 PM
    Yup, you're on a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server). They may have a policy set on your phone to prevent OTA updates.
    Thanks for the help.

I've waited this long...what's another day or so?
    05-31-09 11:11 PM
    I am not at Verizon. I am at T-mobile. I used JL-Commander and wiped my BB.
    I started the DM. and I chose Device Software update. I was prompted by
    4.7.0.75 and 4.0.7.148 with 4.7.0.148 marked as recommended. I let it go and the DM istalled the official 4.7.0.148 in about 15 Minutes.
    While I am at T-mobile, Voice and Text was working fine. I just had to redo the whole processs to get the borwser and MMS working at BB9530 as in the link below:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/
    Last edited by romman; 05-31-09 at 11:25 PM.
    05-31-09 11:18 PM
    From what I've read, the stand-alone installer won't be available from the VZW web site until the OTA roll out is complete in about 11 days. Today is day 1.

Are you currently running .75, or a leak or hybrid?
    I am currently running .75 that came from the factory, never have made any changes to the OS what so ever.
    05-31-09 11:20 PM
    I am not at Verizon. I am at T-mobile. I used JL-Commander and wiped my BB.
    I started the DM. and I chose Device Software update. I was prompted by
    4.7.0.75 and 4.0.7.148 with 4.7.0.148 marked as recommended. I let it go and the DM istalled the official 4.7.0.148 in about 15 Minutes.
    While I am at T-mobile, Voice and Text was working fine. I just had to redo the whole processs to get the borwser and MMS working at BB9530 as in the link below:
    HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on T-Mobile w/Unlocked Storm 95xx
    You did it right, but these other guys are not as lucky as you. Mac users and BES users don't have the same options available.
    05-31-09 11:20 PM
    I am currently running .75 that came from the factory, never have made any changes to the OS what so ever.
    Then I would try the DM update at BlackBerry - Update your Device Software
    05-31-09 11:24 PM
    Then I would try the DM update at BlackBerry - Update your Device Software
    Tried that, and it just took me to Verizon's site which had .75 listed as the only update.

Thanks for trying to help. I'm done with this crap for tonight.
    05-31-09 11:26 PM
    Tried that, and it just took me to Verizon's site which had .75 listed as the only update.

Thanks for trying to help. I'm done with this crap for tonight.
    The link I provided does not take you to VZW, it goes to Blackberry and when you click Check for updates it loads your Desktop Manager.
    05-31-09 11:32 PM
    I'm in norcal and I too cannot get a ota update.
    I'm running a .109.
    05-31-09 11:38 PM
    I've waited six months anticipating an OTA update. I'm not going to use the DM until I'm convinced that's my only option. Maybe I'll even revert to .75 just to get the OTA.
    05-31-09 11:39 PM
    is it just me or was .148 OTA avalible for download at 4 O'clock???...thats when mine showed up, but i just felt like going about it on the DM
    05-31-09 11:42 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD