Just activated my Storm2 after switching from S1. Overall, I love it... It is what the S1 should have been... i love how the screen doesn't click when there is no power to it.

One thing I am still disappointed in which I cannot believe after hearing other reviews... the vibrate still cannot be felt when in my OEM blackberry holster clipped to my side. I can "hear" it vibrate but cannot feel it... very disappointing after all reviews and comments made it sound like it was quite a shocker!
    11-12-09 03:21 PM
    you aren't alone--I don't feel mine vibrate most of the time, when holstered. It DOES vibrate--but I don't generally FEEL it.
    11-12-09 03:29 PM
    Really? Mine almost jumps off my desk!
    11-12-09 03:34 PM
    Really? Mine almost jumps off my desk!
    Wow, what da ****? I have same problem the other guys have. I can't feel it at all and i have it holstered. It crazy loud so i know it vibrating but i am missing calls, text etc.
    11-12-09 03:40 PM
    I think this is more a product of the holster's design than the fault of the phone. The vibrate function on the phone is super normal. I mean if I leave this thing on my desk it is more annoying than a crappy ringtone. But I think the plastic bits that allow the holster (especially the OEM one) to rotate on your belt also help to dull or nullify the vibration. Like you said, you can HEAR it, you just can't FEEL it.

So it might be a better idea to engage in debate about the right holster to use and not the severity of the vibration.
    11-12-09 03:43 PM
    I would disagree.

Really has nothing to do with a holster or clip.

The phones vibrate by itself is quite loud, most of the time the people 3 cubes away from me can hear it.

As for feeling it holstered, thats about 50/50 for me.

But when i have it in my pocket i rarely miss noticing it.
    11-12-09 03:46 PM
    I would disagree.

Really has nothing to do with a holster or clip.

The phones vibrate by itself is quite loud, most of the time the people 3 cubes away from me can hear it.

As for feeling it holstered, thats about 50/50 for me.

But when i have it in my pocket i rarely miss noticing it.
    So although you disagree that it is the holster or the clip...it sounds like you are narrowing it down to...well...the holster and the clip. OK, so if you can hear it (ansd so can your cubeland buddies) easily, and you can certaintly feel it in your pocket, but the holster is 50/50...that kind of sounds like it MIGHT (even if only 50% of the time) be the holster and/or the clip...Does that make any sense?
    11-12-09 03:50 PM
    I honeslty think is the phone. When i have the tour next to me on the couch i can feel it vibrate but not the s2. When i just rest the s2 on my lap i can't feel it, at the very least i should be able to, don't you guys think?
    11-12-09 03:57 PM
    So although you disagree that it is the holster or the clip...it sounds like you are narrowing it down to...well...the holster and the clip. OK, so if you can hear it (ansd so can your cubeland buddies) easily, and you can certaintly feel it in your pocket, but the holster is 50/50...that kind of sounds like it MIGHT (even if only 50% of the time) be the holster and/or the clip...Does that make any sense?

My mistake, read your post wrong.

I thought you were saying that the plastic bits of the clip/holster were causing it to be louder than normal.

By comparison though, when i had my S1 holstered i could only feel it 50/50. I think i became too used to it being there.

And when its in my pocket, its in a leather pouch, which should make it worse, yet i have no issues.
    Last edited by Kozlak; 11-12-09 at 04:02 PM.
    11-12-09 04:00 PM
    My mistake, read your post wrong.

I thought you were saying that the plastic bits of the clip/holster were causing it to be louder than normal.

By comparison though, when i had my S1 holstered i could only feel it 50/50. I think i became too used to it being there.
    I just read my own post and I can see how you would have read it that way. NHNF
    11-12-09 04:02 PM
    The vibrate seems more noticible on the Storm 2 than my Storm1. Plus I like I can set it for both ring and vibrate without having to load a separate app like I had to do with the Storm1.
    11-12-09 04:27 PM
    The vibrate seems more noticible on the Storm 2 than my Storm1. Plus I like I can set it for both ring and vibrate without having to load a separate app like I had to do with the Storm1.
    Exactly. I much prefer the Storm2's vibrate.
    11-12-09 05:12 PM
    Same problem as the OP. I could feel my the vibrate on my Curve most of the time but I can't ever feel it on my S2.
    11-12-09 05:15 PM
    Same here.

Missed about a dozen calls this week because I couldn't feel the vibrate in the holster.

Was really trying to stick with the Storm2 but unfortunately it's back to the 8330.
    11-14-09 03:57 PM
    I have tested the S2 vibrate and its wayy too loud for me. I prefered the S1 vibrate function and never had a problem with it. IMO the S1 vibrate was perfect.
    11-14-09 04:57 PM
    The vibrate on mine sounds like a tazer, its loud, but doesn't vibrate too much. it sucks
    11-14-09 05:25 PM
    I have the very same problem. Can't stand my vibrate on my S2! Could this be fixed with an OS update? I'm really hoping so. I love everything else about this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 11:27 PM
    I think the vibrate is pretty intense on the S2. I can definitely feel it in my pocket.

11-15-09 12:02 AM
    I can hear mine before I can feel it. Might as well have it on ringer.

11-15-09 08:14 AM
    When I set mine to BOTH vibrate and ringtone, since my tone is a jazzy little number, THAT COMBO is so forceful, people around me think I'm dancing ... jk
    11-15-09 08:35 AM
    I have this same issue. The vibrate is a lot but not enough to feel while in a holster on your side. I had a Curve before my Storm 2. Never missed a call or text because I could feel the vibrate easily. I am using my Curve case with my Storm and I am missing stuff all over the place. I even tried the OEM Storm case I ordered from RIM and it is the same thing.
    11-15-09 07:22 PM
    They need to add a feature to change the vibrate strength or add a traditional vibrate motor in it..
    11-15-09 07:54 PM
    I keep missing calls on vibrate - I have it set to 3 long. Sounds weird.
    11-15-09 10:26 PM
    I have this same issue. The vibrate is a lot but not enough to feel while in a holster on your side. I had a Curve before my Storm 2. Never missed a call or text because I could feel the vibrate easily. I am using my Curve case with my Storm and I am missing stuff all over the place. I even tried the OEM Storm case I ordered from RIM and it is the same thing.
    I had a Curve before I picked up my S2 also. Loved that phone. I've got my holster form Siedio coming on Tuesday. I'm sure hoping my experience doesn't end up being the same as yours with your holster. I live on vibrate during the day at work.

11-15-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD