Funny thing is I live in a rural area and rarely go anywhere metro, and Tmo works infinitely better than ATT, and on par with Sprint...
    I expected AT&T to be okay, guess I was wrong. So if T-Mobile is good for you, go for it, but you'll probably need to stick with their selection of phones if you want 3G (if you can even get it).
    10-13-08 12:32 AM
    Well, from what I understand they are building their 3g now alongside their 4g, which should be HSDPA whenever it gets here
    10-13-08 07:23 AM
    Edit: It's amazing to think you guys think VZW & Voda should or could be the only carriers with this device.
    Yehr well you'd think it would be unlikely for at least 6 months seeing as though RIM consulted with VZW and Voda in making the phone and they are paying for the huge marketing push. It would be a bit of a d*ck move to go and release it on other carriers a few months later don't you think. They've also been using the term exclusive ALOT.
    10-13-08 07:41 AM
    Verizon is 45% owned by Vodafone - the worlds biggest comms network, so Storms will be GSM outside USA as thats Voda's preference GSM & thats good news for all us non US'ers, the market in Europe will be flooded even if the handset is EXCLUSIVE to Voda Europe subsidaries to start....

Voda told RIM what they wanted & RIM first offer was waved away.....

if it had wifi/UMA Orange would have battered down RIM door
    10-13-08 02:12 PM
    I will say there is a valid reason that triband was left off the 9500.
    Why was that?
    10-13-08 04:33 PM
    What's this about T-Mobile using 2100 MHz for it's UMTS/HSPA?

T-Mobile USA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If that's true, both versions of the Storm do support that UMTS frequency...
    10-14-08 04:04 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD