I'm actually getting rather annoyed now since my storm won't update with the OTA. I can't d/l it since I use a mac and the last os I had was .103. Is their something im doing wrong?
    06-02-09 08:16 PM
    I don't think you can do ota if you are on a leak/hybrid. You have to be on .075

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 08:18 PM
    I don't think you can do ota if you are on a leak/hybrid. You have to be on .075

Actually, you can't update OTA from .65 either; which was official..... I think you just flat out HAVE to be on .75; the OTA process must check for this because it was coming back with a hash error trying on .65
    06-02-09 08:33 PM
    Find a PC and downgrade to .75
    06-02-09 08:35 PM
    greeeeat....haha that would explain it Thank you. Screw it, im rather bored of blackberries. I love this community and blackberries but I want to try something new. Something with less of a hassle. Constantly pulling the battery, updating broken firmware, no support for macs still, and just having a sluggish phone after a few weeks work gets annoying. Maybe the new nokia, palm pre(highly doubtful) or the htc touch pro 2.
    06-02-09 08:36 PM
    Dude. Get to a damn PC and upgrade. You telling me everyone you know has a mac?

06-02-09 08:38 PM
    I am in the process of installing vm ware fusion and windows on my Mac. Just to be able to upgrade! Check the Mac forums. I hear it works great.

06-02-09 08:45 PM
    greeeeat....haha that would explain it Thank you. Screw it, im rather bored of blackberries. I love this community and blackberries but I want to try something new. Something with less of a hassle. Constantly pulling the battery, updating broken firmware, no support for macs still, and just having a sluggish phone after a few weeks work gets annoying. Maybe the new nokia, palm pre(highly doubtful) or the htc touch pro 2.
    why don't you aquire a XP disc, set up bootcamp, and enjoy the best of both PC and Mac? * I would recommend VMWare or Parallels, except reliable USB functionality is ESSENTIAL to update a BB. So Bootcamp is your best bet. The last thing id be looking at for Mac use would be a WM device such as the touch pro 2. The first 2 things on your list can EASILY be fixed by getting .148 loaded (unreliable firmware, needing frequent battery pulls).

.148 is the firmware that the Storm probably should have shipped with.....
    06-02-09 08:52 PM
    I am in the process of installing vm ware fusion and windows on my Mac. Just to be able to upgrade! Check the Mac forums. I hear it works great.

I still advocate the Bootcamp partition route when dealing with a low-level hardware thing like loading a BB OS. Virtualization programs almost ALWAYS have intermittent USB problems, depending on what the host OS happens to be doing. Sure, it may work fine 10 times in a row.... But on the 11th, the USB will go flaky. I just don't trust VMs 100% quite yet when it comes to USB support; not when an option to do a REAL Windows install exists.

I hope you have good luck with your vmware based upgrade though.... I might try it on my "hackintosh" just to see if it works for me. If not, I can load up my Vista install and unbrick my phone.
    06-02-09 08:57 PM
    Where can i buy an xp disc? I thought they were discontinued due to vista (which i can't stand). I would love to utilize bootcamp but have no clue where to get the appropriate windows disc.
    06-02-09 09:00 PM
    06-02-09 09:05 PM
    thank you. Just ordered it
    06-02-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD