On new official 5.0 OS......can't get keyboard to go away with Google Maps. I've tried the link in the other post....I don't read whatever language that is, also downloaded straight from m.google/maps or whatever, keyboard won't go away. Tried to do the permissions thing that someone had mentioned....could not find an option for these "Permissions" anywhere. If anyone could help a brotha out I would appreciate it.....Thanks!
    10-27-09 01:02 AM
    On new official 5.0 OS......can't get keyboard to go away with Google Maps. I've tried the link in the other post....I don't read whatever language that is, also downloaded straight from m.google/maps or whatever, keyboard won't go away. Tried to do the permissions thing that someone had mentioned....could not find an option for these "Permissions" anywhere. If anyone could help a brotha out I would appreciate it.....Thanks!
    that is your problem right there.

use this

http://www.bbhybrids.net/forum/downl...id=70&act=down
    10-27-09 01:08 AM
    Thanks for the link, howarmat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 03:47 AM
    Did you try to 'disable compatibility mode'? Go to options --> applications --> third party --> highlight google maps and hit the blackberry key for options.

Whenever I get strange functionality out of a program on the Storm, I normally try that first to see if it helps.
    10-27-09 06:26 AM
    I had the same problem I uninstalled Google Maps and then restarted.

Then i installed using this link: http://bordapapa.extra.hu/maps.jad

Not sure if it is a different version but this install worked.
    10-27-09 07:44 AM
    Whenever any app has a keyboard stuck on the screen, it 99.9999% of the time caused by compatibility mode.
    10-27-09 08:33 AM
    I had the same problem. I had to edit my permissions to allow. This immediately solved the problem.
    10-27-09 08:50 AM
    He had the Tour version. If he downloaded from either posted link he is good.
    10-27-09 10:57 AM
    Neither of those links work for me. One is some Russian link, and the other just doesn't work. Any other ideas? I've tried all of the permission changes and so forth......still no luck. Worked perfect on the old OS.
    10-27-09 02:10 PM
    if both links dont work....you are doing it wrong.....
    10-27-09 03:38 PM
    turn "compatibiliy mode off"!!!! then make sure you "exit" the app. when you go bavk in, you'll be fine.

to get to the "compatability mode" setting, go to your "options/settings" button, then highlight "google maps." then press the bb button, and change change compatibilty mode.
    10-27-09 08:42 PM
    Thanks Turbo....I'm finally set!! Peace...
    10-27-09 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD