A short little store about my Journey

So i went into the Verizon store today cause my girlfriend broke her Curve and got a replacement and she needed to activate it. I thought i'd tag along and maybe look for this new animation of the storm that i've read a few of the people on here have seen but when asked about VZW reps say thats the new OS. I don't see this animation so i decide to just go over and see how the activation is going. I notice both of the reps that are at the table have Storms so i decide to question them, maybe to get some info on the next OS and when it could possibly be out.

So i begin the interrogation by asking them each which OS their running. They both reply .75 and look at be puzzled. I tell them my friend is running the newest leak, and im thinking about upgrading to it because it runs a **** of a lot faster and everything is working pretty well for him. One of the reps tells me that yea he saw the leak and was thinking about upgrading but decided not to. The other rep however tells me to not install it because when the official release comes out my friend will not be able to upgrade because he has put an Unofficial OS on his phone and tells me to just in general steer clear of Crackberry altogether, as nothing good is comes from that site. I kinda chuckle and think to myself "Is this guy serious? Steer clear of Crackberry? There's no way". Even though my post count might not show it, i am indeed a crackberry addict and check this site daily. Anyways I ask the guy "Hmm well do you know when the official OS will be out?" and he responds with the typical answer "We don't know, it could be 2 weeks or 2 months." By this time my gf's phone is done being activated and we leave.

I just thought it was really funny that a VZW rep would tell me to Steer clear of Crackberry and don't install any leaks cause it will cause me not to be able to upgrade when the official is released. Anyways the first thing i did when i got home was Check Crackberry and right this post to tell all my fellow crackberry addicts about my travels to the local VZW store.
    03-13-09 12:58 PM
    Very funny. When I first got my berry and had the "gmail sent messages show up in inbox" problem, and I told them I read a bit about it on crackberry, the tech support guy said "yeah, that's where we go when we get stuck"!
    03-13-09 01:02 PM
    Its funny, cause when I bought this phone, and got tit activated, I was looking at some of the accessories for the storm, and browsing the internet, and i stumbled upon this site looking for themes(which started my addiction) and the guy who activated it and transferred my plan over to it, came over and was like "how are you liking it" so we were talking and he looked at the phone, and seen me on crackberry's wap site. Hes like "Dude dont install any os's or anything from there, stating that your only killing your phone by installing stuff from this site" which i ignored because obviously im still here.
    03-13-09 01:04 PM
    I wonder why they would suggest "it will kill your phone" you can always revert back to .75.

I guess we will see when the next offical OS is released.
    03-13-09 01:09 PM
    LOL i was at Verizon the other day and thier techs and I were talking about this site and they were freaking out b/c im using the phone with T-Mobile and everything is working... they said they come here too just never seen one working for other carriers...
    03-13-09 01:10 PM
    Everyone's an expert! Btw, Swift, you're the only other crackberrian I've found in Rochester! But is it NY?? I'm webster.
    03-13-09 01:11 PM
    That's actually a hilarious story. It's only one VZW person's comments - to each his own.

But I can tell you the opposite is also true. We get COUNTLESS people referred to this site all of the time by Verizon support (phone support sends people here, store customer service reps, etc. etc.).

Ahh well, in the case of the Storm, what it really comes down to is that RIM/Verizon need to get an official update out asap!

And of COURSE you'll be able to upgrade to the latest official OS, regardless of what's on your phone currently (can always do a Desktop install). Somebody needs to spend more time on CrackBerry. Though I'm also pretty sure that by the time the next VZW official release comes out, all the hardcore addicts will already be running something newer. Seems to be the way it goes around here.
    03-13-09 01:25 PM
    who's kevin??? JK, LOL
    03-13-09 01:32 PM
    who's kevin??? JK, LOL
    Haha...I'm not sure, but I heard he's the man...
    03-13-09 01:39 PM
    Kevin is gonna have to make a new avitar when the Niagra comes out.
    03-13-09 01:39 PM
    My personal VZW story:
    This is my first smartphone thus my first BB and my rep told me -- the storm can be kind of buggy -- i replied so is windows but its everywhere -- he said check out Crackberry.com and then head over to slacker.

**** not only was I given my gateway to all things berry i was also introduced to slacker... awesome sales rep imho.
    03-13-09 01:40 PM
    Haha...I'm not sure, but I heard he's the man...
    still waiting for the T-shirt development and sales on CB store.
    03-13-09 01:43 PM
    It seems that every time I go into the verizon store I am always answering questions about blackberrys. It never fails. When I bought my storm the rep was trying to point out the basic operating features of the phone. Problem was he didn't sound too sure that he was telling me correctly. I just smiled nodded got my phone and left.
    03-13-09 01:49 PM
    Lol....something like this
    03-13-09 01:50 PM
    still waiting for the T-shirt development and sales on CB store.

now thats funny
    03-13-09 01:51 PM
    Thanks Mkutka, that was too funny... I also visit Crackberry more then once a day and if I do not get my Crackberry fill by days end, then I am having a rough night.

Thanks again for an awesome story from your VZW travels!
    03-13-09 01:51 PM
    Lol....something like this
    you couldnt put the shirt on a hot girl with nice um tata's LOL
    03-13-09 01:52 PM
    you couldnt put the shirt on a hot girl with nice um tata's LOL
    LOL....thought about that after I made it! The chicks will love it though
    03-13-09 01:53 PM
    LOL....thought about that after I made it! The chicks will love it though
    **** Kevin would love it , his face on all the nice boobies LMAO

then we can really say KEVIN IS THE MAN
    03-13-09 01:55 PM
    hahahaha... LOLz
    03-13-09 01:58 PM
    Wow thats a funny a$$ story. I guess im one of the lucky people who has a cool and with the times person working at my local VZ store. He is atually the one who put me on to Crackberry and I have'nt looked back. Great site and Great work Kevin.....
    03-13-09 02:03 PM
    Everyone's an expert! Btw, Swift, you're the only other crackberrian I've found in Rochester! But is it NY?? I'm webster.
    yep its rochester nice to meet you add my pin i havent found anyone else besides this arab guy at my corner store that has one
    03-13-09 02:05 PM
    hahahaha... LOLz

i like the politically correct answer

but what man wouldnt want that LOL - married or not
    03-13-09 02:07 PM
    funny story...

a while back my phone stopped sending text messages and i took it in. the guy was talking to me and was like yeah seems like your screen doesnt click to well in the corners. i was like yeah i have to push pretty hard and hes like just call vzw and say its a hardware problem and they will send u a new one. so i did and i got my new one. so i was like do you like ur storm? hes like yeah check out how fast it goes from portrait to landscape. im like wow that is quick. then he was like go on crackberry.com. they always got up to date stuff and its a really good website. haha
    03-13-09 02:13 PM
    funny verizon story from me .

When someone posted on the main site of crackberry that the sale of bogo of the storm was coming I questioned if it were true. So I called vzw the store and their main customer service both times they were like there is no such sale. Later that day one of those reps called me and was like dude how did you know this sale was coming when no one here did. I was like i have good sources :0
    03-13-09 02:15 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD