Is there a complete list of status indicators for the Storm? I have searched everywhere, and seen lots of others asking same.

Right under the date I have a 2 followed by a little scroll (two circles connected by a line at the bottom)? What is this?

I have checked all my messages, e-mails, voice mails; Blackberry said it was probably a voice mail indicator, it's NOT; shows how well they know their own product.

Any help?
    12-17-08 11:23 AM
    It IS the Voicemail indicator...why it is still showing is a mystery to me....when you hit the green phone button the hit call log it is the same indicator at the bottom and when you touch it it says call VM
    12-17-08 11:27 AM
    Maybe you didn't exit out of your voicemail properly? I'm not sure though. Sometimes when I hit the red button to exit the icon still stays there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 11:43 AM
    Is there a way to put the call log on the desktop as a icon, I don't like having to go to make a call before being able to see my log. Also when I delete a call from my message list, it also deletes it from my call log. I'd like my message list to consist of only messages (e-mails and voice messages) ?
    12-17-08 11:56 AM
    I'm using the visual voice mail, and I tried calling my voice mail, and made sure I exited out.
    12-17-08 11:58 AM
    Is there a complete list of status indicators for the Storm? I have searched everywhere, and seen lots of others asking same.

Right under the date I have a 2 followed by a little scroll (two circles connected by a line at the bottom)? What is this?

I have checked all my messages, e-mails, voice mails; Blackberry said it was probably a voice mail indicator, it's NOT; shows how well they know their own product.

Any help?
    Soooo, IS there a list of status indicators anywhere? I need to know what this indicator is.... please see photo.... Thanks!!

12-26-08 11:54 AM
    Soooo, IS there a list of status indicators anywhere? I need to know what this indicator is.... please see photo.... Thanks!!

that's GPS location, set to 911 only.
    12-26-08 11:56 AM
    Oh... you say "set to 911 only"... do you mean I need to set something? If so.. how?
    12-26-08 12:01 PM
    Oh... you say "set to 911 only"... do you mean I need to set something? If so.. how?
    You can have your GPS on all the time or only for emergency use. To turn it on.. go to options -> advanced options -> GPS -> change GPS services from E911 Only to Location On
    12-26-08 12:07 PM
    You know that little thing that came with your phone in the shape of a book? It's called an instruction book, and it has a total list of possible indicators on your phone.

Make sure you're actually opening all the voicemails.
    12-26-08 12:10 PM
    Is there a way to put the call log on the desktop as a icon, I don't like having to go to make a call before being able to see my log. Also when I delete a call from my message list, it also deletes it from my call log. I'd like my message list to consist of only messages (e-mails and voice messages) ?
    The call log is a hidden icon in the applications folder. Unhide it and move it to your home screen... I did and I have it in the corner right above my send button... Works awesome for me as I can push and hold the send button to get to my contacts, push the send button to get a dial pad or push the call log button to call the people I talk to most.
    12-26-08 12:12 PM
    no, I mean it is currently set to 911 only.
    if you want to use your built-in GPS you need to set it to "location on".
    12-26-08 12:15 PM
    The call log is a hidden icon in the applications folder. Unhide it and move it to your home screen... I did and I have it in the corner right above my send button... Works awesome for me as I can push and hold the send button to get to my contacts, push the send button to get a dial pad or push the call log button to call the people I talk to most.
    That was a good tip, thanks.
    12-26-08 12:17 PM

not complete, but this is what i could find on the booklet that came with my phone.

Last edited by kiltro; 12-26-08 at 12:38 PM.
    12-26-08 12:31 PM
    You know that little thing that came with your phone in the shape of a book? It's called an instruction book, and it has a total list of possible indicators on your phone.

Make sure you're actually opening all the voicemails.
    Your sarcastic remarks are not helpful. I can't find the book and couldn't find my answer on the BB site. There is no need to be so hateful to someone just asking a question. I wonder how many people have questions but are too afraid to ask them on this site because people can be so darn mean here.

"What goes around comes around...."
    Last edited by Rosebudster; 12-26-08 at 12:48 PM.
    12-26-08 12:46 PM
    no, I mean it is currently set to 911 only.
    if you want to use your built-in GPS you need to set it to "location on".

Thanks!

I deleted the GPS since I have it in my car and it was recommended here to help the Storm's speed but I'm not sure it did.
    12-26-08 12:48 PM
    Your sarcastic remarks are not helpful. I can't find the book and couldn't find my answer on the BB site. There is no need to be so hateful to someone just asking a question. I wonder how many people have questions but are too afraid to ask them on this site because people can be so darn mean here.

Apparently you haven't been on here long, or you'd see the difference between my post and actually being hateful.
    12-26-08 12:52 PM

This response wasn't hateful. Sarcastic, yes, but warranted. You can't find your instruction manual, fine. But your questions have been answered multiple times already in previous threads.

The forum search is generally junk on any forum that uses this same software but just a google search will generally bring you right back here. Especially if you use "inurl:crackberry" in your search string. I know I've seen the voicemail icon question a dozen times over the past month.

A post in tips/tricks or the WIKI covering all the possible status icons would be nice, but no such thing exists as yet to my knowledge.
    12-26-08 01:01 PM
    Rob, I crown you "Genius of Geniuses". This tip solves my problem of what to do with the 'send button'. I can now have my cake and eat it too!
    12-26-08 03:01 PM
    This response wasn't hateful. Sarcastic, yes, but warranted. You can't find your instruction manual, fine. But your questions have been answered multiple times already in previous threads.

The forum search is generally junk on any forum that uses this same software but just a google search will generally bring you right back here. Especially if you use "inurl:crackberry" in your search string. I know I've seen the voicemail icon question a dozen times over the past month.

A post in tips/tricks or the WIKI covering all the possible status icons would be nice, but no such thing exists as yet to my knowledge.
    I asked my question in a thread already started in which the OPs question wasn't answered. I wish you'd just keep your smart alecky remarks to yourself. You are not adding anything positive. Mine wasn't a voice mail question. Trying to search for an answer is difficult because it's hard to know what keywords to even enter in to a search sometimes.

Not everyone who posts here is a technical genius. I'm a 60-year-old woman with my first BB, so give me a break.
    12-26-08 04:17 PM
    The O_O icon means the phone thinks you have a voicemail. Go into your voicemail and make sure all VM's are deleted or opened.

Also, to be fair, you *could* have used a Google or forum search, as the question has been answered before. Most Google searches on BlackBerry lead back to CB anyway. :P

Welcome to CrackBerry, though. Enjoy the addiction!
    12-26-08 04:30 PM
    I asked my question in a thread already started in which the OPs question wasn't answered. I wish you'd just keep your smart alecky remarks to yourself. You are not adding anything positive. Mine wasn't a voice mail question. Trying to search for an answer is difficult because it's hard to know what keywords to even enter in to a search sometimes.

Not everyone who posts here is a technical genius. I'm a 60-year-old woman with my first BB, so give me a break.

I would think a 60 y/o wouldn't be so sensitive.
    12-26-08 05:10 PM
    You guys are a bunch of assholes and the list of "indicators" in the manual is a joke. No one did clearly post the answer to what the cross hair symbols under the wireless network coverage indicators is. Isn't the point of this to help people or do you just use it to make yourselves feel better?
    12-26-08 09:43 PM
    OK, I was afraid of this. Once the jpeg shows, KILTRO answered the question. Now I'm the ***.
    12-26-08 09:46 PM
    I would think a 60 y/o wouldn't be so sensitive.
    Respect your elders young lady.
    12-27-08 03:19 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD