ive been getting a random screen that looks like tv static while closing programs. while i was using aim this mornin in class, the phone went into camera mode without me touching it and it wouldnt respond, if i touched the screen the buttons would appear but only for a second, then it happend again while using bbm i went to rotate the phone and the camera appears again, finally after couple min it goes back to normal, then closing the app the screen went half normal half static, did i get a dud of a phone? what to do..also my sounds for text dont work all the time, i get the vibrate but no notifying sounds
    11-25-08 02:47 PM
    Have you done a Battery pull?
    11-25-08 02:55 PM
    Not sure, but that sounds similar to what happened after my 8830 got fully soaked in water.
    11-25-08 02:58 PM
    yeah i pulled the battery the first time, but today when it did it it went away, no i did not get this wet at all. a couple other threads just poped up with this camera issue, maybe its a software glitch that needs to be fixed
    11-25-08 03:38 PM
    I got the "tv static" screen when I tried to scroll through my picture folder and view pictures I downloaded from my computer.
    11-25-08 03:40 PM
    Maybe it's your Storm telling you to pay attention in class.

...At least you have a Storm...
    11-25-08 05:33 PM
    yep i got this too after using the phone once. weird it looks EXACTLY like TV static from analog tv sets.

i did not get my phone wet and its working normally otherwise (except the screen may be bad, but thats unrelated)
    11-25-08 05:40 PM
    would the stores give me new one if i explain to them whats going on, assuming they have them or would they ship one to me?
    11-25-08 06:22 PM
    no , its a common problem its the pixels resuling in black and white scrambliing , the processor is running faster then the OS is allowing the phone to pixelate causing confusion on the phone and leaving the image scrambled black and white.. processor slows allows image to stableize and your good to good .. also with the camer switch the convience key you accidentally hitting it and dont know.
    11-25-08 06:25 PM
    i know im not hitting it its caused by hovering over the keyboard while typing, i guess ill just have to wait for new update
    11-25-08 07:56 PM
    The camera button is a two staged button (like on a real digital camera), it is very sensitive, so you should at least try to change the convenience key to see if it happens anymore.
    11-25-08 08:00 PM
    no , its a common problem its the pixels resuling in black and white scrambliing , the processor is running faster then the OS is allowing the phone to pixelate causing confusion on the phone and leaving the image scrambled black and white.. processor slows allows image to stableize and your good to good .. also with the camer switch the convience key you accidentally hitting it and dont know.

this is good news, because i was worried the reason the phone was slow was because the processor was too slow, which couldnt be fixed of course. but if your saying the os is the slow part, then thats great, it can be fixed via software!
    11-26-08 02:58 AM
    yuup this update comming up .91 i believe , will be great !
    11-26-08 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD