Started my download via OTA and it's on 21% after 45 minutes. I did my wife's on DM, and it took about 20 minutes. Can I stop my OTA, and do it via DM?
    05-31-09 10:21 PM
    Started my download via OTA and it's on 21% after 45 minutes. I did my wife's on DM, and it took about 20 minutes. Can I stop my OTA, and do it via DM?
    Sure can... cancel the OTA, do a battery pull, and go to DM.
    05-31-09 10:24 PM
    Sure can... cancel the OTA, do a battery pull, and go to DM.
    Thank you!
    05-31-09 10:26 PM
    just remember how many storm users are using the OTA thats why its taking soooo looooonnnnggg
    05-31-09 10:26 PM
    how do i upgrade via the DM?
    05-31-09 10:38 PM
    Well, that backfired. For some reason, it won't work. My DM no longer recognizes my device, and I lost 21% via OTA. Back to square one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why all of a sudden, won't my DM recognize my device?
    05-31-09 11:00 PM
    Did you do a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 11:19 PM
    Did you do a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, I did. Back to OTA, which is creeping! Even after I pulled battery, it lists a wireless upgrade available. Is that why?
    Can you run two different Blackberrys on the same DM on the same computer, obviously at different times?
    05-31-09 11:23 PM
    Can you run two different Blackberrys on the same DM on the same computer, obviously at different times?
    Yes. I upgraded both my phone and my husband's on my computer using the same Desktop Manager.
    05-31-09 11:24 PM
    Yes. I upgraded both my phone and my husband's on my computer using the same Desktop Manager.
    Thanks. Wonder why it wont' recognize my phone, but it will hers?
    05-31-09 11:25 PM
    Thanks. Wonder why it wont' recognize my phone, but it will hers?
    For the same reason that it didn't restore all of my stuff when I upgraded, but it restored all of my husband's stuff... using the same exact process. I have no idea. Because it likes to give people a hard time.
    05-31-09 11:28 PM
    For the same reason that it didn't restore all of my stuff when I upgraded, but it restored all of my husband's stuff... using the same exact process. I have no idea. Because it likes to give people a hard time.
    When I plugged my wife's into DM, it automatically checked for an upgrade and started the process.
    when I plugged mine in, after I had aborted the OTA download, it didn't. And when I checked for an upgrade, it said I didn't need one, even though I am still on 75.
    05-31-09 11:31 PM
    When I plugged my wife's into DM, it automatically checked for an upgrade and started the process.
    when I plugged mine in, after I had aborted the OTA download, it didn't. And when I checked for an upgrade, it said I didn't need one, even though I am still on 75.
    I went through the BlackBerry website to upgrade. If you do it that way, it automatically pops the App Loader up and runs. I didn't go through DM and check for upgrades.
    05-31-09 11:32 PM
    Now, when I go to application loader, it says it can't upgrade because I am BES or professional. I am neither!
    Help!
    05-31-09 11:48 PM
    im downloading ota 148 and its taking forever! i know its b/c everyone is doing it but i cant figure out how to do it on DM or through bb website (cant find it!!!!) please help.
    05-31-09 11:55 PM
    06-01-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD