Recommendations are hard to give these days.

Some people claim there is no difference between .75 and .113+

I can't even fathom how a person could say that but...they're out there
    05-11-09 10:50 AM
    I would like to say that you should try whatever works for you. As you can see you'll get 100 opinions about all the OSs, so its best to give them all a try. But for me most favourite OS is .132. The radio is really good. especially if you like to be on the internet. But that's my opinion.
    05-11-09 10:56 AM
    I would like to say that you should try whatever works for you. As you can see you'll get 100 opinions about all the OSs, so its best to give them all a try. But for me most favourite OS is .132. The radio is really good. especially if you like to be on the internet. But that's my opinion.
    Just an FYI, lyricidals .141/5.0 hybrid has the .132 radio in it.
    05-11-09 12:24 PM
    i dont know if there was a post for this already and im too lazy to search. can anyone please tell me ASAP which OS is the most stable for now? the .75 is toooooooo slow! thanks any thing will help!
    .141 is the best (haven't tried any hybrids though)!
    05-11-09 12:26 PM
    .75 is the only stable release, that is why it was the only update released by Verizon to date.
    05-11-09 01:35 PM
    .75 is the only stable release, that is why it was the only update released by Verizon to date.
    no, it just fixed the big issues with .65, its far from stable. the only reason it was released was because if they didn't people would have returned their phones within 30 days.
    05-11-09 01:40 PM
    No, it's not. Put it this way, while .75 may not have a locking issue or it may not have color banding.....it does absolutely EVERYTHING worse than the most current leaks. EVERYTHING. The new releases are ALL stable, they just have a small bug here or there and THAT is why they are not official.
    05-11-09 01:42 PM
    Wow! The lack of intelligence displayed by some people in here who "give advice" is pretty scary sometimes!
    05-11-09 01:46 PM
    Wow! The lack of intelligence displayed by some people in here who "give advice" is pretty scary sometimes!
    Not sure how my intelligence relates to RIM operating systems (???), but I still stand by my point that .75 is the most stable release. If any of the future leaks were more stable, then they would have been released already. Do you disagree?

For many software developers, a stable release is generally defined as any or all of the following:

when the release team is confident that fewer peculiar problems will occur with a new release than with the former one

the latest version released for wide use is tested for a long enough time to correct enough problems

contains no showstopper bugs/has not been shown in real world testing to contain showstopper bugs

is a 'golden master'/'gold code'/'gold release'/'code complete'

It follows that the leaks have not been released since they experienced any or many or all, but not limited to the above problems and hence they were not released. According to RIM's definition of stable, .75 is the only stable release (some of your definitions of stable, such as "no color banding" may differ, though).
    Last edited by mdude85; 05-11-09 at 01:58 PM.
    05-11-09 01:56 PM
    Not sure how my intelligence relates to RIM operating systems (???), but I still stand by my point that .75 is the most stable release. If any of the future leaks were more stable, then they would have been released already. Do you disagree?

For many software developers, a stable release is generally defined as any or all of the following:

when the release team is confident that fewer peculiar problems will occur with a new release than with the former one

the latest version released for wide use is tested for a long enough time to correct enough problems

contains no showstopper bugs

It follows that the leaks have not been released since they experienced any or many or all, but not limited to the above problems and hence they were not released. According to RIM's definition of stable, .75 is the only stable release (some of your definitions of stable, such as "no color banding" may differ, though).
    Not gonna argue with you. You can have your "stable" .75, and I'll just stay with these unstable leaks.
    05-11-09 01:59 PM
    .75 is the only one that is stable. It may be a bit sluggish some times, but .75 is the only one.

my $.02
    You can't be serious.

.132 is the best so far. I really don't have any problems with it. Some complain about the color banding issue, which really isn't an issue at all. Others cry about memory leak, a batt pull solves this and besides it DOESN'T affect performance.

Either way, do yourself a favor and leave .75 already.
    05-11-09 02:08 PM
    i like .141
    05-11-09 02:09 PM

contains no showstopper bugs/has not been shown in real world testing to contain showstopper bugs

.75 was a minimal improvement over .65. MINIMAL. All the leaks have been more of an improvement over .75 than it was over .65. They released none of em. So, IMO, that blows that theory away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by unseenme; 05-11-09 at 02:15 PM.
    05-11-09 02:13 PM
    .113 was the best for me. I've tried them all and I'm currently using the .141/5.0 hybrid, but 'ol .113 still seems to have been the most reliable day in and day out.

Not saying the most recent leak doesn't have its improvements because it certainly does. Just seemed like I had fewer necessary battery pulls with .113 than any other build and it reliably did what I wanted it to do.
    05-11-09 02:34 PM
    I have tried the majority of leaks and always went back to my 0.76 (Telus, worked a little better then 0.75 for me). I have to agree that with the leaks I tried, 0.76 was by far more stable. It was not nearly as fast, but everything worked. Now, 0.141/5.0 has been good, installed probably 2 weeks ago and I haven't gone back.
    For those knocking 0.75, I have to agree with the poster in my experience. It has been more stable then the leaks. I never got random reboots, camera, bluetooth and video camera all worked. Yes, the OS was slow. No, I never experienced any of the "memory leaks" someone mention on 0.75.
    05-11-09 03:15 PM
    Im perfectly fine with staying on .75 personally... but of course, I havent dabbled onto the greener OS pastures - so my opinion only goes so far.
    05-11-09 03:24 PM
    .75 was a minimal improvement over .65. MINIMAL. All the leaks have been more of an improvement over .75 than it was over .65. They released none of em. So, IMO, that blows that theory away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Merely suggesting that .75 was a minimal improvement over .65 does not diminish or disprove that .75 is the most stable operating system. Even if the release team considered the incremental leaked operating systems to fix some peculiar problems of .75, the fact that these operating systems were not released is a testament to the fact that RIM did not consider them more stable than the officially released operating system. Increasing the speed of a scrolling icon menu or fixing a color banding issue does not by itself make one release more stable than another.

This isn't hard to understand, people!
    Last edited by mdude85; 05-11-09 at 03:33 PM.
    05-11-09 03:30 PM
    Recommendations are hard to give these days.

Some people claim there is no difference between .75 and .113+

I can't even fathom how a person could say that but...they're out there
    i just Dowloaded .113 from .75 ans there is a BIG DIFFRENCE!
    05-17-09 02:48 AM
    There's no single OS that everyone will agree on because the phones don't all react the same to them - not even to .75.

If you want to get your phone to work smoother and faster, you will have to just try one. If it doesn't work with your phone, try another. You can always go back to .75 if you like that the best.

The OS's that have been the reported as stable for many have been .109, .113, .132, and .141. I tried all of those OS's as well as .86, .90. .103, and most of the hybrids except those that contain the Bold 5.0 files. But many are having great results with Lyric's 5.0 hybrids.

.113 and .132 were the most stable for me. While many really get good results from it, my phone did not like .141. I have been using BBCrackman's v5-132 for over 1 week and it is the best OS I have used. My free app mem has stabilized in the mid-30's after starting in the mid-40's after bootup, and I have not done a reboot since last Saturday (5/9). Battery life is very good, browser is significantly faster than any previous OS I have used, camera is faster focusing and taking shots, accelerometer is decent but not the quickest.

Bottom line is if you are going to try a new OS, try one that others report as working well for them. I suggest Lyric's 5.0 hybrids and BBCrackman's v5 as good starting points. Each new OS leak and new hybrid that have been developed has fixed or tried to fix shortcomings of previous OS's and hybrids. Both Lyric and BBC have developed great hybrids, so if you're going to upgrade your OS, it makes sense to start with one of the newest that is being used, rather than an earlier version like .109 or .113. You can always go back if the hybrids don't work out for you.
    Last edited by 808Storming; 05-17-09 at 03:46 AM.
    05-17-09 03:42 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD